Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2006   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default Why Reggie Bush when you have Double D?

Did I miss something, why is Houston even in this so called "Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" All that is about is some silly hype for the airheads at ESPN to blather about insted of doing their homework.
Maybe I missed it, but unless DD tore his ACL you don't need a Runningback.
You already got the complete package that still gets production behind a turnstyle oline.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 01-05-2006 at 03:38 AM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Did I miss something, why is Houston even in this so called "Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" All that is about is some silly hype for the airheads at ESPN to blather about insted of doing their homework.
Maybe I missed it, but atleast DD tore his ACL you don't need a Runningback.
You already got the complete package that still gets production behind a turnstyle oline.
DD's not the complete package (his blocking sucks), but I can assure you that I will not be wanting Bush with the #1 pick.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

With DD, and good back ups, (As I have said) Bush is nothing but trade bait.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

don`t forget Mathis too!
Old 01-05-2006   #5
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis has no break away speed, is a weak blocker and has durability issues. That's not a complete package. Bush would be a great addition to our team. The problem is...we could also use a new OT, DE, DT, CB, WR, G, C, TE, LB, K, FS, P & SS. Oh yeah...a new QB if they are really special.
Old 01-05-2006   #6
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
The problem is...we could also use a new OT, DE, DT, CB, WR, G, C, TE, LB, K, FS, P & SS. Oh yeah...a new QB if they are really special.
LOL, when you put it that way, we must stink. Oh, yeah, we do stink!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Davis has no break away speed, is a weak blocker and has durability issues. That's not a complete package. Bush would be a great addition to our team. The problem is...we could also use a new OT, DE, DT, CB, WR, G, C, TE, LB, K, FS, P & SS. Oh yeah...a new QB if they are really special.
Thanks for spelling it out for people on here. DD has never singlehandedly won a game for us. He is a decent NFL back with injury issues.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
Thanks for spelling it out for people on here. DD has never singlehandedly won a game for us. He is a decent NFL back with injury issues.
I agree with you on that. I'm a DD fan but I don't believe he is up there with the cream of the NFL crop. That might not be a fair statement, our line production being what it is, but that's that's the apparent fact. But like it's been said, there still remains the consistant problem of all those nagging injuries. If DD is buddied up with another back equal to or greater than his talents then we have a whole new set of options available. Reggie is the answer in my opinion. But I'm just a fan looking for answers.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #9
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Maybe I missed it, but unless DD tore his ACL you don't need a Runningback.
DD is average at best.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #10
platnumdelgado
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to platnumdelgado
Default What happens when...

If the Texans draft Reggie Bush, which seems very likely, what would happen to D.Davis? Would he be a backup? Third down back? Trade him? I know this offseason he got an extension on his contract so this could be pretty Interesting. Just wanted to know what yall might think.
platnumdelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Reggie and Dom would be used together just like Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. There will be some series where Reggie gets the majority of the carries and some where Dom gets the majority of the carries. Except on some of the plays where Dom will be the RB, Reggie will also be playing WR.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #12
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Why draft Mike Williams when you have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Why draft Mike Williams when you have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams?
why are we trying to repeat the lions' mistakes? draft flash, never build an o-line, and miss consistantly on defensive talent. we've got the second 2 covered ... lets draft that flash player and make it official that we want to have a new losing legacy.
Old 01-08-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Lions OL was actually pretty good
Old 01-08-2006   #15
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I like DD, but I have said since the start that he is an average back. I can't remember the exact game (the whole season is one painful blur), but I remember DD breaking away, running 20 or so yards in the open, and being chased down by the Defense. I think this was one of those Rams/Cards/Ravens/Titans close games. Anyways, I suspect that if Reggie had that breakaway, it would have been an instant TD. The kid has some real speed. But the question is whether or not we will have a line solid enough to allow Reggie to break to the outside. Wand has some good speed in practice, and I think he could probably help Bush run left. I'm not so sure about the right, though.

I suspect that like Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, Bush could be productive in his first year. But I don't think you could play both DD and Reggie Bush. I think DD would have to be let go. Since he is an average back (barely missed breaking 1000 yards this year, but he missed five games this year), I don't know that you could trade him. Possible trades could be Minnessotta, Arizona, or San Fran.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Lions OL was actually pretty good
better yes, good no. they added demulling last year & woody in 04 which were solid additions, but they've still got work to do. and this is what, 1 out of very few in the last 30 years that it's been even above-average?

you know tulexan, neither of us is going to win this arguement lol. i wont convince you not to draft bush & i wont ever think he's going to help us ... but danged if we dont try.
Old 01-08-2006   #17
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

Some people on here talk like Domanick Davis is putting up Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson rushing #'s or something

Domanick's rushing yards per carry is not even close to theirs, and I shouldn't even have to mention touchdowns.

Domanick is average, he would do better and last the whole season if he had someone to complement him.
Old 01-08-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
better yes, good no. they added demulling last year & woody in 04 which were solid additions, but they've still got work to do. and this is what, 1 out of very few in the last 30 years that it's been even above-average?

you know tulexan, neither of us is going to win this arguement lol. i wont convince you not to draft bush & i wont ever think he's going to help us ... but danged if we dont try.
I think the Lions are actually in the opposite situation that we have. They have good pass protection, but bad run blocking.
Old 01-08-2006   #19
T_Guru
Rookie

Pretty much what it comes down to is Reggie Bush is the best player in the draft BUT the best thing for the Texans would be not drafting him. It's no secret that the OLINE is just terrible. As far as winning goes the Texans should trade down and get more picks. This is the most loaded draft in a long long time. This is also a very solid offensive lineman draft..second only to linebackers. The Texans can get a lot better this year...I just don't see how drafting Reggie when you have a great returner and a solid running back is what's best for the team. Carr and Davis would both improve behind a revamped OLINE. That's the direction to take.
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #20
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Some people on here talk like Domanick Davis is putting up Shaun Alexander or Larry Johnson rushing #'s or something

Domanick's rushing yards per carry is not even close to theirs, and I shouldn't even have to mention touchdowns.

Domanick is average, he would do better and last the whole season if he had someone to complement him.
shaun alexander & larry johnson ... not very good choices as an example. willie roaf & brian waters are in the pro-bowl, along with tony richardson (and will shields). walter jones & hutchinson are in the pro-bowl, along with mack strong. davis runs behind MCKINNEY & PITTS and has norris blocking (who appears to run forward with his eyes closed). both seattle and KC have top tier passing games. bad example.

edit: tony richardson's not in, but should be.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read