Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2006   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default You guys don't want Vince Young

You want Vince Young throwing to Roy Williams
Old 01-05-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you. Let the Lions have him. He can be a good player with the Lions. Let Carr become a good player with the Texans.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
zeplin
Veteran

YES Let David develope into the QB of our future. Give him a OL, DARN IT!!
Old 01-05-2006   #4
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want Vince. Take him....IT WAS ONE GAME
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
I dont want Vince. Take him....IT WAS ONE GAME
I'm a Michigan Fan, it's two games. :brickwall
Old 01-05-2006   #6
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeplin
YES Let David develope into the QB of our future. Give him a OL, DARN IT!!
Right! Let's stick with David! He's got great hair! He's sweet as can be! He's a really shabby QB so far, but if we just give him a couple more years to develop, well, I'm sure he might grow up to be good enough to carry Vince Young's pads.

Hey! You! Head outta the sand, there!
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
How 'Bout Them Texans???
Rookie

rockabilly, do you want the texans to eternally suck?
How 'Bout Them Texans??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2006   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
I'm a Michigan Fan, it's two games. :brickwall
Yeah the Wolverines got to see Vince's skills at the Rose Bowl last year. Perhaps Lloyd Carr should've given Carroll a heads up for what he was in for. If it's any consolation I'm a Baylor Bears fan.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #9
How 'Bout Them Texans???
Rookie

it mustve sucked to be shut out 56-0(or 62?) by texas, im sorry
How 'Bout Them Texans??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by How 'Bout Them Texans???
it mustve sucked to be shut out 56-0(or 62?) by texas, im sorry
True, but Baylor also handed Texas one of its worst shutouts in school history. It was many years ago of course. I believe the score was 50 to 0 or something like that. Guess I'll have to google it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by How 'Bout Them Texans???
rockabilly, do you want the texans to eternally suck?
No. I just dont want them to pick Vince Young on the basis of one game....AND because Texas fans are biased. Now am I saying Reggie Bush is the answer to our problems? No. Do I still think Bush is a better NFL fit than Young for OUR TEAM....yes.
Old 01-05-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team doesn't need a QB or a RB. The only reason we started talking about all of that in the first place is because Bush was supposed to be the Second Coming of Christ. Well, he isn't. White was much better against a real Defense. Young looked really, really good, but I'm tired of this one-player-will-change-everything bs and we have other glaring needs. Let's trade down and let these other teams worry about who is the best skills player in college.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #13
WILLIEG
Veteran

Exclamation

It looked like we were going to draft Bush with already a proven thousand yard back so why don't we draft Young if he decides to come out? I would feel much better knowing that if Carr isn't the guy he is suppose to be for the franchise within the next couple of years (plus the 4 that he already has) that at least we have some like Young learning the New System.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
It looked like we were going to draft Bush with already a proven thousand yard back so why don't we draft Young if he decides to come out? I would feel much better knowing that if Carr isn't the guy he is suppose to be for the franchise within the next couple of years (plus the 4 that he already has) that at least we have some like Young learning the New System.
the next 2 years are numbers 5 and 6 for Carr also. 60 NFL starts deep into a career and we are still talking about what he may do one day.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #15
WILLIEG
Veteran

Why should we trade down to get more linemen when the draft is loaded with them? And who do we have as far as talent is concerned regarding the backup QB position? Nobody... Young is a born leader and you can't teach that!
Old 01-05-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Young for only one reason. It would make everyone in and around the Austin area forget the Cowboys and become Texans fans. In fact, it would do a lot for us throughout the state. But, I don't believe it would help us win. Young is really good. Guess what? So is Carr. Give him some ****ing protection.
Old 01-05-2006   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
No. I just dont want them to pick Vince Young on the basis of one game....AND because Texas fans are biased. Now am I saying Reggie Bush is the answer to our problems? No. Do I still think Bush is a better NFL fit than Young for OUR TEAM....yes.
Why Bush? You have a RB. You need everything else.
Could someone explain to me what I am missing?
Old 01-05-2006   #18
rockabilly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I would take Young for only one reason. It would make everyone in and around the Austin area forget the Cowboys and become Texans fans. In fact, it would do a lot for us throughout the state. But, I don't believe it would help us win. Young is really good. Guess what? So is Carr. Give him some ****ing protection.
Didnt think about that one. Business wise for the Texans it is a smart move. Football wise....not so sure.

Bet that would stop the dropped coverage of the texans when they start to suck.
Old 01-05-2006   #19
WILLIEG
Veteran

Carr does need protection, however, wouldn't any of you agree that its better to have a backup plan and a great #2 if Carr isn't all that . Don't get me wrong I think Carr has the potential to be up there but in 2 years we are all going to find out and I would rather have someone like Young being his backup.
Old 01-05-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
Why should we trade down to get more linemen when the draft is loaded with them? And who do we have as far as talent is concerned regarding the backup QB position? Nobody... Young is a born leader and you can't teach that!
That's an awefull lot of talent to be a back-up. Whoever starts, the other will be a big-time overpaid back-up. I guess we could let Carr go........Yeah, I guess that is an option.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read