Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2006   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I will never root for Bush if he is a Texan

and I won't be a fan of this team anymore if VY is available and we pass on him. He is a local kid who is creating a legend for himself greater than even Earl Campbell. I am a Longhorn first and foremost. Bush has been so overhyped it is past the point of ridiculousness. VY is a winner like Michael Jordan. If VY stays and we take Bush I will root for the Texans to win but I will never be a fan of his. There is still too much bitterness in my mouth at the lack of respect my beloved Longhorns were shown before the game. That is not directly Bush's fault, nevertheless, I can never root for him.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess you jumped on the Vince bandwagon just now too. Oh well
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

no I am a Longhorn first and foremost. The Texans can do nothing to leapfrog my beloved Longhorns.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

A Texans fan wouldn't fail to root for a player because the team didn't draft the player they wanted. I can understand it if the player is a Lawrence Phillips type who has had multiple problems with off the field behavior, but why not Bush? Young is a wonderful player, but the Texans believe Carr is their QB and thus that's not a smart pick. Young is staying in school and hopefully you won't root for the Texans to lose their games so they can draft #1 next year. Oh yeah, you aren't rooting for them anyway.
Old 01-05-2006   #5
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
He is a local kid who is creating a legend for himself greater than even Earl Campbell.
He has a ways to go to push Earl to second place in my book. Earl is the greatest running back I have ever seen. Period. He didn't have the longevity because he ran behind horrible lines, but he was the best.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #6
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no I am a Longhorn first and foremost. The Texans can do nothing to leapfrog my beloved Longhorns.
Yeah, and we should hire Mack Brown as head coach too......

This is the Houston Texans. Not the Houston Longhorns. This is pro. Not college.

You dont take players because they are hometowners. You take em because they are your best chance at winning.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

occasionally, you get both. David Carr has had 4 seasons, its time for vince to have a turn. Did you see his completion percentage? Are you going to sit here and tell me there is a better player in the draft? I dont want to hear it....reggie made stupid football decisions all night, THAT had nothing to do with how keyed in on him UT's Defense was. He wont help us, having a real Qb will......#1 overall on vince, trade back into the first for dbrick...thats not homerism, thats smart football.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2006   #8
SESupergenius

Quote:
and I won't be a fan of this team anymore if VY is available and we pass on him. I am a Longhorn first and foremost. .
That is the gayest quote I've seen on these boards. I pray that we pass on him now so we can loose fair weather fans such as yourself. I think the horns on your head are squeezing your brain down too much to do any clear thinking.
Old 01-05-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I sort of hope you never do root fot the Texans. Fans like you aren't hard to lose...
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #10
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default He's our Earl Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Wow I sort of hope you never do root fot the Texans. Fans like you aren't hard to lose...
Maybe we should start a thread. I asked earlier if Reggie Bush was our Earl Campbell, meaning the Texans' equivalent, all these years later.

It's clear tonight, that although he plays a different position, Reggie isn't, and Vince Young is. He's the move that MAKES THE FRANCHISE. Frankly, I don't follow college football, and I thought the Vince Young stuff on here was just guys rooting for a pretty good QB who was local.

I had no idea.

Somebody on another thread said he's a bigger, better, faster, smarter, tougher, more accurate, quicker Randall Cunningham. I see that. And I see a lot of other comparisons. But the one that matters to me most is that if he come's out, which he apparently said tonight on ESPN that he was going to think about, if he comes out he's our Earl Campbell, the move that Casserly and McNair and Co. can make to turn this franchise to gold. OK, more gold. Like Earl was. And for anybody who wasn't around back in the day, that's something very freaking special. That's once in a lifetime.

Twice, now.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Maybe he'll sue them.

Isn't this the guy that wanted to bring a lawsuit against the organization because they were "wasting his money"?
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Maybe we should start a thread. I asked earlier if Reggie Bush was our Earl Campbell, meaning the Texans' equivalent, all these years later.

It's clear tonight, that although he plays a different position, Reggie isn't, and Vince Young is. He's the move that MAKES THE FRANCHISE. Frankly, I don't follow college football, and I thought the Vince Young stuff on here was just guys rooting for a pretty good QB who was local.

I had no idea.

Somebody on another thread said he's a bigger, better, faster, smarter, tougher, more accurate, quicker Randall Cunningham. I see that. And I see a lot of other comparisons. But the one that matters to me most is that if he come's out, which he apparently said tonight on ESPN that he was going to think about, if he comes out he's our Earl Campbell, the move that Casserly and McNair and Co. can make to turn this franchise to gold. OK, more gold. Like Earl was. And for anybody who wasn't around back in the day, that's something very freaking special. That's once in a lifetime.

Twice, now.

Apparently you did not see other games in the season against mediocre/crappy defenses when he did not look nowhere as good as he did tonight.

IT WAS ONE GAME
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
Apparently you did not see other games in the season against mediocre/crappy defenses when he did not look nowhere as good as he did tonight.

IT WAS ONE GAME
Young led the Nation in passer rating...yes, higher than Leinart....and it wasn't just one game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
dont want to hear it....reggie made stupid football decisions all night, THAT had nothing to do with how keyed in on him UT's Defense was.
So Reggie deciding to lateral the ball to an open man when he was being tackled was a stupid move, but Vince doing the exact same thing is a smart move?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

dont put words in my mouth...i havent said ONCE that vince making that lateral was a smart play. I think it practically screams senseless turnover. Also reggie taking the opening kickoff out of the endzone to get dropped at the 10 was a dumb football decision. Take the knee. The lateral that cost his team a sure 3 points, and probably 7 because he was trying to be superman? Yes, it was a dumb play. If it had WORKED, its still a dumb football play. It was dumb when moss did it a couple of years ago, dumb when vince did it, and dumb when reggie did it.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #16
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was dumb when Vince did it, why would the Texans want to draft him? They should want to avoid players that make dumb football decisions.

I think both players are going to be great pros. I think right now, though, Bush is a bigger necessity. Davis isn't an incredible back that's going to carry a franchise. Yes, he almost had a 3rd consecutive 1000 yard season. Can you think of a less inspiring 1000 yard season in the NFL. How about Sammy Winder running for 1100 yards on 300 carries for the Broncos in the 80s. I can go into my yard, shake a tree, and get a guy that can run for 1000 yards to fall on my lawn. The Texans have a QB that with a real coach and a real offensive coordinator can be very good. It's not like he's been Gino Toretta out there. He's had some great performances. Who knows, maybe the new HC will get a real QB coach.
Old 01-05-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our line sucks.

We don't have a real TE

We don't have a real #2 receiver.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This guy is a quick study if I ever saw one.

This was coming from someone who was saying that he would give anything if McNair hired Bob Stoops to be the Texans head coach, and went on and on about his 'beloved Sooners', in between all his threats to sue the team.

Leave it to a fricken lawyer to take the bandwagon to a new level.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #19
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
and I won't be a fan of this team anymore if VY is available and we pass on him. He is a local kid who is creating a legend for himself greater than even Earl Campbell. I am a Longhorn first and foremost. Bush has been so overhyped it is past the point of ridiculousness. VY is a winner like Michael Jordan. If VY stays and we take Bush I will root for the Texans to win but I will never be a fan of his. There is still too much bitterness in my mouth at the lack of respect my beloved Longhorns were shown before the game. That is not directly Bush's fault, nevertheless, I can never root for him.

is this a joke? or was this written last night as time ran out? Young is an awesome player and whatever NFL team he ends up leading will be glad they drafted him .... but c'mon ..... last year it was DJ DJ DJ DJ .... he got 0 votes in the defensive ROY voting ..... he'll obviously be great too eventually ... but jeeez .... at some point you gotta take off the burnt orange and pull on the battle red and realize that the 2 are independent entities ....
Old 01-05-2006   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think what V Young did last night will translate to the pros your freakin insane. He wont rack up 100+ yards a game and he wont run through real tackles like the weak *** arm tackles USC threw at him. The way he stides all tall and proud will get him severly hurt by a real tackler. He puts no zip on his passes and NFL db's actually cover the wideouts. He had one of the great performances I have ever seen but USC did all it could to not win the game.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read