Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-05-2006   #1
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default Post Rose Bowl Texans Mock- if VY Declares

Trade David Carr to Miami for their #16 pick.
Trade our 2nd and 2 3rd's to Tampa Bay for their #23 pick.

1.1- Vince Young-QB-Texas- You can't say no to him after his rose bowl performance. Simply dazzling, can do it with his arm and legs, and has grown into a very clutch leader. Could easily come in and become the face of this franchise and help turn the team around. Also would generate alot of money through jersey and ticket sales.

1.16- Jon Scott-OL-Texas- Superb Monsterous Blocker. Helped the Texas O-line launch a superb Texas running attack, which included 0 sacks against USC. Can come in and be the cornerstone this O-line needs. Can also stay teamed up with Vince Young and get this offense going leading us to wins.

1.23- Mercedes Lewis-TE- UCLA- Can be the last missing link on this offensive squad. With Young at qb, who is used to passing to his TE, we can give him an even better one here to help him ease into the NFL. Also fills our TE void and makes our offense legit. Can also take Vernon Lewis as another tight end here if Mercedis is taken.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Change one of your last two picks to Michael Huff. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY

1.1- Vince Young-QB-Texas- You can't say no to him after his rose bowl performance. Simply dazzling, can do it with his arm and legs, and has grown into a very clutch leader. Could easily come in and become the face of this franchise and help turn the team around. Also would generate alot of money through jersey and ticket sales.

1.16- Jon Scott-OL-Texas- Superb Monsterous Blocker. Helped the Texas O-line launch a superb Texas running attack, which included 0 sacks against USC. Can come in and be the cornerstone this O-line needs. Can also stay teamed up with Vince Young and get this offense going leading us to wins.

1.23- Mercedes Lewis-TE- UCLA- Can be the last missing link on this offensive squad. With Young at qb, who is used to passing to his TE, we can give him an even better one here to help him ease into the NFL. Also fills our TE void and makes our offense legit. Can also take Vernon Lewis as another tight end here if Mercedis is taken.

As much as Miami needs a QB I doubt they give up their first round pick for an unproven QB. How ever much I like Carr he has really proved nothing in the league yet.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

thats what i thought, but then i thought to myself, Miami pulled off a decent end to the season, and are set offensively. All they need is a young bright QB to lead them to a bright future.. They won't find anyone like that at #16 and aren't expected to have horrible seasons in the future to nail a draft pick high up. This could really work out good for them and us.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY

I am not approving of this idea to trade Carr.

However, if we did I would change up the next two picks based on the spur of the moment thinking. Tomorrow i might completley change my mind, but here is what I am thinking now.

16. Michael Huff

I hold the second round pick and choose:Max Jean-Giles
I hold the 3rd round pick 1 and choose:Cedric Griffin(can work well with Huff)
I hold the 3rd round pick 2 and choose:AJ Nicholson

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 01-05-2006 at 11:51 AM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well word on the street is that Carr is staying in houston. So Vince is going else where, if he comes out. And if the Dolphins do go after a QB it will be Jay Cutler from Vanderbuilt.
Old 01-05-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

After seeing how they played last night, I say we draft as many Longhorns as possible!!!! Just kidding, but it would make my draft to get Huff AND some decent linemen. Damn, why cant this work like Madden? I got Huff in the 3rd round and he is already a 95!!!!
Old 01-05-2006   #8
Jerry
Veteran

No way Miami makes that deal though. They could draft Cutler with the 16th pick possibly, and Carr is only worth a late 2nd at best to a desperate team.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #9
LongBignasty1
Veteran

they could but he might also be taken before then and thats when we look pretty sweet...no scratch that Carr looks pretty sweet....hey nice hair
Old 01-13-2006   #10
TexansTrue#1Fan
Rookie

I fully agree. Dolphins won't give there #1 for Carr. But Dolphins might be willing to give Ricky Williams and a 3rd rounder for Carr, I would take that trade, DD is a great running back but Ricky is one of the elite, the way he finished this season shows he has a lot left, (and he's more proven than bush).
TexansTrue#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #11
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrue#1Fan
he's more proven than bush).
That's not saying a lot...Tony Hollings is more proven on the NFL level than Bush...Every RB who has ever had a carry is more provem than Bush...
Old 01-13-2006   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's not saying a lot...Tony Hollings is more proven on the NFL level than Bush...Every RB who has ever had a carry is more provem than Bush...
Old 01-13-2006   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Old 01-13-2006   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Old 01-13-2006   #15
Xman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
I am not approving of this idea to trade Carr.

However, if we did I would change up the next two picks based on the spur of the moment thinking. Tomorrow i might completley change my mind, but here is what I am thinking now.

16. Michael Huff

I hold the second round pick and choose:Max Jean-Giles
I hold the 3rd round pick 1 and choose:Cedric Griffin(can work well with Huff)
I hold the 3rd round pick 2 and choose:AJ Nicholson
Ditto.
We can get quality players at 33/65/66 and we need them. I seriously doubt we trade those to move up.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I think we should start with Young and draft every single available Longhorn ....
Old 01-13-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I think we should start with Young and draft every single available Longhorn ....
wish we could that would be a great haul of a draft- Young, Huff, Scott, Thomas, Wright, Griffen, Allen, Blalock? thats a solid 8 picks
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
wish we could that would be a great haul of a draft- Young, Huff, Scott, Thomas, Wright, Griffen, Allen, Blalock? thats a solid 8 picks
wow...just wow.

talk about a
Old 01-14-2006   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
wow...just wow.

talk about a
C'MON YOUNG, add it up thats three (VY, Huff & Scott) 1st rounders, two 2nd's (Blalock & Wright) two thirds (Thomas & Griffen) and a 4th/5th Allen, that would be Casserlys best draft yet or not
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #20
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
As much as Miami needs a QB I doubt they give up their first round pick for an unproven QB. How ever much I like Carr he has really proved nothing in the league yet.
AJ Freely for a #2...now he was unproven. DC`has proven he can stay healthy and lead an expansion team despite a poor offensive line and suspect defense.
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read