Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Post Rose Bowl Texans Mock- if VY Declares

DRIFTAWAY

Rookie
Trade David Carr to Miami for their #16 pick.
Trade our 2nd and 2 3rd's to Tampa Bay for their #23 pick.

1.1- Vince Young-QB-Texas- You can't say no to him after his rose bowl performance. Simply dazzling, can do it with his arm and legs, and has grown into a very clutch leader. Could easily come in and become the face of this franchise and help turn the team around. Also would generate alot of money through jersey and ticket sales.

1.16- Jon Scott-OL-Texas- Superb Monsterous Blocker. Helped the Texas O-line launch a superb Texas running attack, which included 0 sacks against USC. Can come in and be the cornerstone this O-line needs. Can also stay teamed up with Vince Young and get this offense going leading us to wins.

1.23- Mercedes Lewis-TE- UCLA- Can be the last missing link on this offensive squad. With Young at qb, who is used to passing to his TE, we can give him an even better one here to help him ease into the NFL. Also fills our TE void and makes our offense legit. Can also take Vernon Lewis as another tight end here if Mercedis is taken.

DRIFTAWAY said:

1.1- Vince Young-QB-Texas- You can't say no to him after his rose bowl performance. Simply dazzling, can do it with his arm and legs, and has grown into a very clutch leader. Could easily come in and become the face of this franchise and help turn the team around. Also would generate alot of money through jersey and ticket sales.

1.16- Jon Scott-OL-Texas- Superb Monsterous Blocker. Helped the Texas O-line launch a superb Texas running attack, which included 0 sacks against USC. Can come in and be the cornerstone this O-line needs. Can also stay teamed up with Vince Young and get this offense going leading us to wins.

1.23- Mercedes Lewis-TE- UCLA- Can be the last missing link on this offensive squad. With Young at qb, who is used to passing to his TE, we can give him an even better one here to help him ease into the NFL. Also fills our TE void and makes our offense legit. Can also take Vernon Lewis as another tight end here if Mercedis is taken.

As much as Miami needs a QB I doubt they give up their first round pick for an unproven QB. How ever much I like Carr he has really proved nothing in the league yet.

thats what i thought, but then i thought to myself, Miami pulled off a decent end to the season, and are set offensively. All they need is a young bright QB to lead them to a bright future.. They won't find anyone like that at #16 and aren't expected to have horrible seasons in the future to nail a draft pick high up. This could really work out good for them and us.

DRIFTAWAY said:

I am not approving of this idea to trade Carr.

However, if we did I would change up the next two picks based on the spur of the moment thinking. Tomorrow i might completley change my mind, but here is what I am thinking now.

16. Michael Huff

I hold the second round pick and choose:Max Jean-Giles
I hold the 3rd round pick 1 and choose:Cedric Griffin(can work well with Huff)
I hold the 3rd round pick 2 and choose:AJ Nicholson

Well word on the street is that Carr is staying in houston. So Vince is going else where, if he comes out. And if the Dolphins do go after a QB it will be Jay Cutler from Vanderbuilt.

After seeing how they played last night, I say we draft as many Longhorns as possible!!!! Just kidding, but it would make my draft to get Huff AND some decent linemen. Damn, why cant this work like Madden? I got Huff in the 3rd round and he is already a 95!!!!

No way Miami makes that deal though. They could draft Cutler with the 16th pick possibly, and Carr is only worth a late 2nd at best to a desperate team.

they could but he might also be taken before then and thats when we look pretty sweet...no scratch that Carr looks pretty sweet....hey nice hair

I fully agree. Dolphins won't give there #1 for Carr. But Dolphins might be willing to give Ricky Williams and a 3rd rounder for Carr, I would take that trade, DD is a great running back but Ricky is one of the elite, the way he finished this season shows he has a lot left, (and he's more proven than bush).

TexansTrue#1Fan said:
he's more proven than bush).

That's not saying a lot...Tony Hollings is more proven on the NFL level than Bush...Every RB who has ever had a carry is more provem than Bush...

TexansTrue#1Fan said:

That's not saying a lot...Tony Hollings is more proven on the NFL level than Bush...Every RB who has ever had a carry is more provem than Bush...

TexansTrue#1Fan said:

TexansTrue#1Fan said:

awtysst said:
I am not approving of this idea to trade Carr.

However, if we did I would change up the next two picks based on the spur of the moment thinking. Tomorrow i might completley change my mind, but here is what I am thinking now.

16. Michael Huff

I hold the second round pick and choose:Max Jean-Giles
I hold the 3rd round pick 1 and choose:Cedric Griffin(can work well with Huff)
I hold the 3rd round pick 2 and choose:AJ Nicholson

Ditto.
We can get quality players at 33/65/66 and we need them. I seriously doubt we trade those to move up.

chuckm said:
I think we should start with Young and draft every single available Longhorn ....

wish we could that would be a great haul of a draft- Young, Huff, Scott, Thomas, Wright, Griffen, Allen, Blalock? thats a solid 8 picks :cool:

YoungTexanFan said:
wow...just wow.

talk about a :homer:

C'MON YOUNG, add it up thats three (VY, Huff & Scott) 1st rounders, two 2nd's (Blalock & Wright) two thirds (Thomas & Griffen) and a 4th/5th Allen, that would be Casserlys best draft yet :homer: or not :)

RiotCommander said:
As much as Miami needs a QB I doubt they give up their first round pick for an unproven QB. How ever much I like Carr he has really proved nothing in the league yet.

AJ Freely for a #2...now he was unproven. DC`has proven he can stay healthy and lead an expansion team despite a poor offensive line and suspect defense.

Back