Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-05-2006   #1
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Bash Vince Thread

Wether you like him or not, please put your bashes, slights, hating, or whatever here. Cause i'm not reading it anywhere else. Young is the man, period!
Old 01-05-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

hell yah

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Guy was incredible! I watched the game to finally catch on with the Reggie BandWagon and I ran past it to hop on Vinces!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

If that is the case, this will be the only post. That is as close to perfect as I have seen.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta be joking ..... In-Vince-Able !!!

Congrats to the Texas Longhorns and Coach Mack Brown on their NCAA Champoinship .....

BTW , if anyone was watching the post game interview w/ Vince .... HE said "We'll be back ..... Where ever we gotta go , We'll be back" !

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #6
big homey
Veteran

All he can do is run for TDs he can't pass for any. That won't cut it in the NFL.
big homey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 202 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

As a longtime Longhorn fan living in NorCal I can wear my jacket and cap everyday now. Vince is got a great future and I plan on following his career as I did Earl's. If he comes out he will look great in Battle Red!!! Texans will take him.
Old 01-05-2006   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight
If he comes out he will look great in Battle Red!!! Texans will take him.
He does and I have proof in my avatar...lol

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i've never agreed with a signature more than i agree with yours.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Yes. Vince Young sucks.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Still think Reggie will be a far better pro, but Vince put on one of the greatest shows of all time.
Old 01-05-2006   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm, He cant throw with his other hand...yeah thats it. In the NFL you need to be able to throw effectively with both hands, lol.

Great game, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #13
wenskek
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
You gotta be joking ..... In-Vince-Able !!!

Congrats to the Texas Longhorns and Coach Mack Brown on their NCAA Champoinship .....

BTW , if anyone was watching the post game interview w/ Vince .... HE said "We'll be back ..... Where ever we gotta go , We'll be back" !

the key word is we'll, he never said "I". if he declares we must take him, screw carr i would much rather have him, and he is way more athletic than david who??
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Can we get one that says David who? LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #15
bigcarlos
Veteran

Nice Avatar Kbourda
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Yes. Vince Young sucks.

Yeah , sucks the life out'a the opponent

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #17
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenskek
the key word is we'll, he never said "I". if he declares we must take him, screw carr i would much rather have him, and he is way more athletic than david who??
And you can read "wherever we gotta go" to mean going to the NFL.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey
All he can do is run for TDs he can't pass for any. That won't cut it in the NFL.
I know you ment it as sarcasm but he is nothing more than another Vick. A running QB just dosent impress me. What running QB other than Steve Young has ever won a Superbowl?

And I know what you are going to say, Vick made it to the Superbowl, but that was in the NFC where two 8-8 teams make it to the playoffs and they played the Eagles.

In my opinion that style of QB cannot truely be a success in the NFL. Kinda like running the option at pro level.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #19
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The thing about VY is that I have now seen him consistently elevate his game when it was needed. This wasn't "one game." This wasn't a fluke. We have watched him do it over and over again against some really good teams. USC, OSU, and Michigan last year.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Maybe I have watched to much football or studied to many players, but VY is not the god that most of the board is making him out to be. Did he have a great game? Yes, maybe one of the best games in college history. Is he the best thing since sliced bread? No. Look the guy is a slightly better version that Randall Cunningham. He has an arm that ok, but still a little suspect, and that wont change. He can run and boy can he run, but later on in his career he will be an adept passer. Dont get me wrong Randall Cunningham won 3MVP awards so I am not saying VY is not a tremendous talent, but let's not start the same Reggie Bush hype for VY now. He is still just a good running QB that will take 3-4 years to really get it in the NFL were he can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read