Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2006   #1
Htown34s
Veteran

Default New Coach Poll!

You knew it was coming. Now that we have started interviewing and have a good list of candidates, who do YOU want to be the next coach of the Texans?
Old 01-04-2006   #2
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kirk Ferentz
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #3
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Kubiak!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2006   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Vic Fangio
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Vic Fangio
Old 01-04-2006   #6
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Vic Fangio
Not funny. Not even a little funny to be honest. Really...not funny at all.
Old 01-04-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Joe Friggin' Pendry
Old 01-04-2006   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Joe Friggin' Pendry
That is even less amusing than Fangio. If Pendry is a choice, how about Frosty the Snowman?

I'll go with Kubiak.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #9
TEXANFAN23435
Veteran

Default New Coach Poll!

I really like Kubiak. Has been educated in a very solid and successful program. If he lands the job, maybe he can talk Wade Phillips into coming in as D.Cord. I may be wrong, but didn't they work together in Denver?? I do not mention Wade because of Bum, I mention Wade because he really has the Defensive know how. Bigger question, would M. Shot release him so he could sign with Houston.
TEXANFAN23435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #10
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
That is even less amusing than Fangio. If Pendry is a choice, how about Frosty the Snowman?

I'll go with Kubiak.
Frosty sounds good to me, he does have that magic hat. If it brought Frosty to life maybe it can throw some life into our team too. Only problem is the melting thing.

I think I'd like Kubiak too though.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud Adams
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I say Kubiak looks like the clear cut favorite. At least I know running the ball will be important....though do Denver RB's ever have to catch the ball????

If not what's the point of Bush.

If he is I hope he brings in Mike S. as his DC.
Old 01-04-2006   #13
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Changing my mind...just hope its' O-FRIENDLY

Originally I thought Kubiack or Saunders. Both have good O-lines. However, if you look at the numbers with respect to existing personnel...I'd have to lean more towards SCOTT LINEHAN. The guy is a difference maker. This maybe asking a bit too much...but what about Mike Singletary as Assistant HC & DC.

That'd be freaking NICE. Talk about putting Casserly on a LONG plank. If the players don't get it done with that kindof coaching....Geeez!
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #14
TXurias
Rookie

what about jerry gray.....does anyone think he could do a good job? I remember him being a pretty decent player in his day. I know that doesn't always translate to good coaching but it's someone the players can relate to.
TXurias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #15
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Linehan's done some great stuff with some questionable players in Miami. Their O-line, man-for-man, is arguably less talented than the Texans' and that's saying something. The two-headed monster of Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels that led the team to the finish line didn't really scare anyone, did it? Yet somehow, the Fish pulled together some great wins, not the least of which was the San Diego road stunner.

Linehan got killed in the media down here for a boneheaded third-and-2 call near the goal line late in the game against Atlanta, that pretty much cost the team any shot at winning the game. But most coaches will made a dumb decision or two every year, and they're only called "dumb" when they don't work.

It's interesting to see Chris Chambers' evolution over this season from severe slump to resurgent top talent. And rookie Ronnie Brown was used well and often, even though there was already an established RB there (something about that sounds familiar...?).

Right now I think my top 2 (in no order yet) would be Kubiak or Linehan. But this market's gonna be so crazy-unstable for the next couple of weeks, anything could happen.

Worth remembering: Frerotte and Linehan were in Minnesota together for 2 seasons before they got to Miami. So if he gets the Texans job, he won't have the same familiarity level with his starting QB. Not saying that's a bad thing--just trying to measure the expectations.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

My initial reation was Kubiak, like many of you.
The more I hear about Scott Linehan, the more I like.
I kmow he lacks some of Kubiaks accomplishments, but he seems to be very, very creative offensively.

I vote Scott Linehan

... at least until I have more info on the other candidates...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jack Pardee
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #18
SWRuss
Rookie

Kubiak, of course. Nuff said.
Old 01-04-2006   #19
zeplin
Veteran

Kubiak, Yep he is the Man. Denver's offense Rocks. Shanahan is a good mentor.
Old 01-04-2006   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Jerry Glanville? At least his teams played with some heart and passion.

More than I could say about this years team.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read