Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default I hate saying this because Bush supporters will howl

I dont know if this was reported.

I was watching the Rose Bowl interviews of Matt and Reggie. One of the interviewers stated "The Houston Texans have the first pick in the draft, would you play for them if you were first pick". Reggie answered "Sure I would, I have no problem with playing for them. They have David Carr who is a really good Quarterback and they have Andre... Andre Johnson too."

All though I am against drafting him because we have other major concerns, he is a option.
Old 01-04-2006   #2
bigTEXan8
All Pro

He sounds really mature to me.
Old 01-04-2006   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised he knew anyone at all with the way we've played this year. No big deal.
Old 01-04-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
I'm surprised he knew anyone at all with the way we've played this year. No big deal.
You think he hasnt done his homework on a team that was on a collision course with the No. 1 pick all season? From what Ive learned over the past month or so, this kid is way to smart for that.
Old 01-04-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

im not quite sure i understand the point here.

Was that quote a bad thing or a good thing? if its a bad thing.. im not seeing it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #6
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

dont see it as either. he's being smart and not alienating anyone. BIG DEAL.
Old 01-04-2006   #7
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Once we have our new coach, hopefully the threads will become more of HOW Bush will fit into that coaches system.

We can argue all we want but Reggie Bush is going to be a Texan. The question is can he become one of the greats!!?
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2006   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime

I was watching the Rose Bowl interviews of Matt and Reggie. One of the interviewers stated "The Houston Texans have the first pick in the draft, would you play for them if you were first pick". Reggie answered "Sure I would, I have no problem with playing for them. They have David Carr who is a really good Quarterback and they have Andre... Andre Johnson too."

Jaworski on ESPN said that his sources say that if New Orleans, picks Lienart, that he will try to pull an Eli Manning. That suprised me, he never seemed to be that type before.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #9
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
Once we have our new coach, hopefully the threads will become more of HOW Bush will fit into that coaches system.

We can argue all we want but Reggie Bush is going to be a Texan. The question is can he become one of the greats!!?
How can anyone NOT want Bush. He is a dynamic and can get even better with maturity. If we talk "what if he gets injured" all day, but that goes with anyone. The sheer possibility of DC, AJ, RB and others is enough to make me buy season tickets and I live in Kansas. Man, I can't wait to see the outcome of this offseason. Heads are gonna roll in the AFC South in 2006.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #10
bigTEXan8
All Pro

I think NO is going to take a chance on Adrian McPherson before they get a new QB. McPherson is supposed to be a better version than Vick, from what I've heard. Plus...I have always felt that NO was worse off than we were.
Old 01-04-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Saints owner is the new jackass of the NFL . How can you talk about moving your team because you don't have a stadium right after the whole city gets leveled . He's also a cheapskate who's in for the money . I would not want to play for him either .
Old 01-04-2006   #12
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The Saints owner is the new jackass of the NFL . How can you talk about moving your team because you don't have a stadium right after the whole city gets leveled . He's also a cheapskate who's in for the money . I would not want to play for him either .
He's said that he's going to keep the team in NO. Someone had to have threatened him or his family, because he was so dead-set on leaving to LA. Don't be suprised to see him move the team shortly after Pete Carrols contract is over at USC.
Old 01-04-2006   #13
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I think NO is going to take a chance on Adrian McPherson before they get a new QB. McPherson is supposed to be a better version than Vick, from what I've heard. Plus...I have always felt that NO was worse off than we were.

Great, so the Titans might get Lienart and be reunited with Norm Chow.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Depends if McNair retires or not...and also depends on whether or not TENN wants to see how Volek would work out in a permanent starting role. I still have this funny feeling that Leinart is going to be a Raider. I doubt he will, but I can't seem to shake it.
Old 01-04-2006   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Jaworski on ESPN said that his sources say that if New Orleans, picks Lienart, that he will try to pull an Eli Manning. That suprised me, he never seemed to be that type before.
I can actually not blame him for doing it. That team is in turmoil and its not going to get better anytime soon. Eli was a little b**** and had no right to pull his stunt but the situation in NO is so horrendous(sp) that it is no way to start your pro career. Those are way different circumstances and its hard to blame the guy.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Reggie, and Matt, will go 1-2.

Even if both the Texans and Saints dont pick there, these guys will be picked there.

$20 says the Texans take Bush to get the fans back. And the Saints take Matt, or trade out to someone who wants him at #2.

Neither Trojan will be picked at #3.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
He was wanting to move before the hurricane. It just makes it difficult now that this has happened.
Old 01-04-2006   #18
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would have to say I would agree with the saints owner if he wanted to move. From his sight, he has a NFL team for the money it generates, and nothing else. If I have a team in a city that just got leveled, where am I going to get paid from. It great to have feelings for people who are hurting, but if it cost me millions of dollars as well, I think I would be concerned too..
Old 01-04-2006   #19
HoustonTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Reggie answered "Sure I would, I have no problem with playing for them. They have David Carr who is a really good Quarterback and they have Andre... Andre Johnson too."
Whats that ANdre... Andre Johnson thing about? He forget his last name or something? Or was he pulling a Bond... James Bond type thing or stuttering because Andre is so damn good?
HoustonTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexans
Whats that ANdre... Andre Johnson thing about? He forget his last name or something? Or was he pulling a Bond... James Bond type thing or stuttering because Andre is so damn good?
I thought I saw on espn.com or someplace he said Davis before Johnson - let me go look.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read