Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2006   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ferentz, Richt & Parlay Bush

Bush could be better than the Herschel Walker trade. Parlay the pick for multiple picks and players, ie sample:

Trade #1 to New Orleans for 2nd pick in 06, 1st RD pick in 07 and Jammal Brown....N.O. takes Lienart.

Trade 2nd pick to Oakland for 6th or 7th pick in 06, 1st RD pick in 07, Jake Grove or Derick Burgess and 2nd RD pick in 06...Oakland gets Bush.

Houston now has:
1. Jammal Brown,
2. Jake Grove or Derek Burgess,
3. The 6th or 7th pick in 06 draft.
4. Oakland's 2nd Rd pick 06 draft.
5. N.O. 1st RD pick in 07
6. Oakland's 1st RD pick in 07

all for the #1 pick...Jimmy Johnson would be proud.

My first post. Just moved back to Texas from Atlanta so I have a little insight on Reeves. He will push for Wade Phillips and Kubiak. For a fresh start and a new beginning Ferentz, Iowa and Richt, Georgia should be given full consideration....Richt has won 52 games in 5 years.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

First, Welcome to the board
Second, that would be incredible, but the thought would be that NO wins regardless. So they do not need to trade. They will either get Leinhart or Bush so they dont care who picks above them really. I do like the oakland trade, I was looking at 1st, 2nd, 1st 07, 4th 07 and Grove. That is likely close to doable.
Old 01-04-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

not possible for a number of reasons.

#1 NO isnt gonna switch spots with us to take Lienart when they KNOW we arent going to take him.

#2 Even if we were gonna take him, they wouldnt give up Jammal Brown and all those picks.

#3 Oakland just signed LaMont Jordan last offseason.. and though im sure they wouldnt MIND getting Bush, I dont think they would sell the farm to do it. Much more likely that San Fran would.. but they are a young team and they need their picks.

But welcome to the board.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Not a chance in hell this happens. Why would N.O. move up????

First off even if Matty boy isn't there Vince Young still is (if he declares.)

They are not going to give us Jamaal Brown. That would be CRAZY. Then who would protect the franchise you just mortgaged away?

As far as wade phillips. Not a fan of him as a HC. He just dont have IT.
Old 01-04-2006   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure where I heard this, but someone once told me that the NFL has since changed the guidlines on trading/drafting so that a team cannot do another Herschel Walker-type trade.

Has to do with all other NFL teams complaining that Dallas was unfairly assisted by such a trade. That's a pretty good complaint, if you ask me.

Anyway, I think the team to REALLY look out for in terms of trading up to No. 1 to get Bush is GREEN BAY. That's my opinion.

They are losing their magic, and a guy like Bush could really take a lot of pressure off of the new QB, whomever that might be.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt that N.O. would move up either, but there may be motivation for them in that the Texans might trade that pick to another team that really wants Lienart.
If N.O. really wants Lienart, they might trade up to keep another team from doing it.
Won't happen, though...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default why N.O. would trade

They have no GTD on Lienart. Nothing to stop Houston from trading pick to another team who wants him. They may not get Brown but 1st pick in 07 and a later RD pick in 06 is not to much to ask for a franchise QB..who some say is the best QB to ever come out of college.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2006   #8
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

gpshafer, first if your name is shafer you dont have an aunt, sister or wife that teaches at LU. Next I think Green Bay could be an option. They feel like they are a couple of playmakers away from being a good team. Also, I doubt they resign the oft-injured Ahman Green back. It should be interesting but I still ask for the same picks from them and maybe Nick Barnet or nobody.
Old 01-04-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

There is also alot of questions being raised about his severe lack of arm strength... I wouldnt be surprised to see him slide. Especially if Daunte Culpepper and Phillip Rivers become available in FA this offseason.

And its not that I dont think they would give up picks to get Lienart.. its that I dont think they would give up picks to us, because they know we are going to take Bush if we stay at #1.. and they know that most likely, anyone we trade with would take Bush.. and even if they DONT take Bush, then Bush will be available for NO at #2.. in which case they can either take him themselves, or manufacture their own ungodly trade down scenario.

I could see a team offering us their 1st 2nd and 3rd this year..and their 1st next year. I think that is the best offer we could get.. but I dont think it is incredibly likely that we will get that offer...and if we did..im not so sure we would take it. All signs point to McNair and Casserly taking Bush.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #10
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Question: 15 seconds left in the game and you are down 4 points...you have the ball first and goal on Auburn's 2 yard line and you have no timeouts...what do you call a running play or a pass play?

I can tell you what Richt called in his first game against Auburn:brickwall
Old 01-04-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

New Orleans is not going to trade up to get Matt Leinart. Benson is as cheap as they come and is not going to pay him first pick money. I wouldn't expect all of these extreme trade offers either because all of the teams at the top of the draft are their for a reason. They have tons of holes and they aren't going to blow up their team and future drafts for a single player.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #12
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
New Orleans is not going to trade up to get Matt Leinart. Benson is as cheap as they come and is not going to pay him first pick money. I wouldn't expect all of these extreme trade offers either because all of the teams at the top of the draft are their for a reason. They have tons of holes and they aren't going to blow up their team and future drafts for a single player.
NO might not trade up...but somebody will. You have to realize that someone is going to be willing to take a chance on Leinart. I still think we need to trade the first overall pick (Bush) for a boat-load of players and picks. That makes more sense than anything else.
Old 01-04-2006   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If I were New Orleans, I'd trade down a few slots and take Jay Cutler instead of Lineart.
Old 01-04-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
If I were New Orleans, I'd trade down a few slots and take Jay Cutler instead of Lineart.
I think Jay Cutler is going to be a stud in a couple years. He's going to be a hidden gem.
Old 01-04-2006   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Question: 15 seconds left in the game and you are down 4 points...you have the ball first and goal on Auburn's 2 yard line and you have no timeouts...what do you call a running play or a pass play?

I can tell you what Richt called in his first game against Auburn:brickwall
Play 1: Spike the ball to stop the clock.
Play 2: I would run a bootleg to the right or left.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #16
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Kubiak runs a bootleg or a tightend fade route off the playaction.
Old 01-04-2006   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Coach , now we need a TE . I'll hope for Pope at 33 .
Old 01-04-2006   #18
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Well Coach , now we need a TE . I'll hope for Pope at 33 .
With Dan Reeves on board you will get plenty of TEs don't worry. In Atlanta he gave up anext years 1st to take a tight end in the 3rd RD. Pope would be a good pick.
Old 01-04-2006   #19
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

If we take a TE with the first pick in the second round I will slap the taste out of Casserly's mouth. We dont need to go TE till second day and maybe late then. David Thomas H-back Chris Cooley type 4 or 5th rounder. Come on man. There are to many TEs that are available in FA to even think about paying a rookie any real cash.
Old 01-04-2006   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Kubiak runs a bootleg or a tightend fade route off the playaction.
Is he really that predictable?

Not a good thing. Is it?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read