Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2004   #81
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I dont think it was Newton, it is someone else. This guy had marijuana problem. This is going to drive me crazy...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #82
SESupergenius

Yeah right. It was his brothers. plleeeeezzzz.

how about:
Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson and Sherman Williams
Old 08-04-2004   #83
SESupergenius

It was Erik Williams, wow thats 5 without even trying.
Old 08-04-2004   #84
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
It was Erik Williams, wow thats 5 without even trying.
I think that is him. Thank you, SES. That's 5. We should do this again in the near future.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 08-04-2004   #85
hot4SteveMcNair
Rookie

Talking Lmao!!!

I'm sorry that I don't have anythng more constructive to add to the thread but.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan
I knew he wasn't really hurt on the field. He was just trying to snort the 50 yrd line.
^THAT^ was funny!!! I'm just glad that I had just put down the bottle of water I was drinking. I could have seen it coming through my nose for sure.
hot4SteveMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #86
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAN
He is not good enough to make the Texasn roster. He would have been 3rd string on a lot of NFL rosters and 2nd on a few.
Yada yada yada. It wasn't but a few months ago that Quicy led them to the playoffs, was a 60% passer blah blah blah. Funny how Cowpuke fans were rallying behind not too far back, and now don't even want to associate their backs with his name. Funny how they were selling those jerseys right up until today, even though "he was not good enough to make the Texans rosters"
Old 08-04-2004   #87
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Cocaine is a Hell of a drug
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2004   #88
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Cocaine is a Hell of a drug

That is too funny....

Old 08-04-2004   #89
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I'm Rick James, BEOTCH!!!
Old 08-04-2004   #90
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would argue the jets have more talent than the Cowboys did last. They also ran the same O they did when Pennington was in there and that does not fit Vinny.
Don't argue with me that the Jets have more talent on offense than the girls. I said as much in my post above. And why would the Jets offense not "fit" Vinny, anyway?

Say what you want about Testaverde's stats...the guy led the team to 9 total TD's in 7 starts. The Jets averaged less than 16 pts/game with Vinny as the starter. With Carter at QB, Dallas averaged over 18 pts/game. So do you really expect a year older Testaverde to go to a less talented team and put more points on the board than he did a season earlier? He's a caretaker who isn't capable of making winning plays. Who's going to make plays for Dallas? Eddie George? Keyshawn Johnson? I'm sorry, but the cowgirl offense was bad last season with Carter and there's no reason to think it will be any different with Testaverde at QB.

I take that back...I'm not really sorry.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #91
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I was listening to the ticket out of Dallas when the news broke and they said there were 3 guys standing in front of them that had just bought Q jerseys few minutes before.
Sorry, but I almost fell out of my chair reading that.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #92
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

There is certainly a case to be made that the Cowboys are better off with Testaverde as the QB for the time being. Parcells doesn't ask his QB to win games for him, but merely not to lose them for him. I think undoubtedly that Testaverde is better at "not losing" a game for his team than Carter ever was. I don't believe there is anyone who better understand the limitations of Testaverde than Bill Parcells, and I think he can help him be very successful. However, I don't think Vinny will become a gunslinger or a 300yard/game guy. I wouldn't discount George just yet. Parcells has a history of taking RBs who are "on the downside of their career" and squeezing out another year or two of production. All that being said, I don't believe that the Cowboys will even approach the record they had last year. They're division is much tougher, and their defense has already been dealt a blow in Woodson.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #93
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Yada yada yada. It wasn't but a few months ago that Quicy led them to the playoffs, was a 60% passer blah blah blah. Funny how Cowpuke fans were rallying behind not too far back, and now don't even want to associate their backs with his name. Funny how they were selling those jerseys right up until today, even though "he was not good enough to make the Texans rosters"

Don't confuse me with Q apologist. Ask one of your own(gr8fan)he'll tell you how I felt about Q.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #94
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAN84
Sorry, but I almost fell out of my chair reading that.

I did too. Funny stuff!!
Old 08-04-2004   #95
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Don't argue with me that the Jets have more talent on offense than the girls. I said as much in my post above. And why would the Jets offense not "fit" Vinny, anyway?

Say what you want about Testaverde's stats...the guy led the team to 9 total TD's in 7 starts. The Jets averaged less than 16 pts/game with Vinny as the starter. With Carter at QB, Dallas averaged over 18 pts/game. So do you really expect a year older Testaverde to go to a less talented team and put more points on the board than he did a season earlier? He's a caretaker who isn't capable of making winning plays. Who's going to make plays for Dallas? Eddie George? Keyshawn Johnson? I'm sorry, but the cowgirl offense was bad last season with Carter and there's no reason to think it will be any different with Testaverde at QB.

I take that back...I'm not really sorry.
It was a dink and dunk O. West Coast kind of. Vinny is not a WC QB. Pennington couldn't run Vinnys O that's why they changed it to fit Pennington style.

I'm arguing with a Texan fan about the Cowboys O being bad. Let's talk about Carr.
Old 08-04-2004   #96
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Hey, I think Vinny will do great with the offense. We got Larry Allen who has been doing great in camp and in off season conditioning, we got last year's pro bowler Flozel Adams, we got tight end Witten who has also improved, we improved our recieving core with Keyshawn Johnson, we got second round pick Julius Jones, and Eddie George as a short yardage guy and as a solid backup to Jones. Vinny will probaly play a couple of seasons, then when he retires we got the now expirenced Drew Henson to take the helm.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #97
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah right. It was his brothers. plleeeeezzzz.

how about:
Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson and Sherman Williams

Were they Cowboys at the time? I know for a fact Williams wasn't. Henderson admitted he was so I'll give you that one. You went old school me. Nice.
Old 08-04-2004   #98
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I dont think it was Newton, it is someone else. This guy had marijuana problem. This is going to drive me crazy...

I would say getting busted with 200+lbs of marijuana is a problem.
Old 08-04-2004   #99
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm arguing with a Texan fan about the Cowboys O being bad. Let's talk about Carr.
What arguement? We both agree that the Dallas offense was bad, right? What we're in disagreement is over whether it will get better or not.

Want to start a thread about Carr, be my guest. Just post it in the Bullpen.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #100
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Competing with a 3rd year franchise who's O and D looked pretty good against the Boys in 02. At least the Texans have two things over Big D's QB situation. 1. We know who are starter is. 2. We don't have to stock up on the Ensure.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read