Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2004   #61
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99FirehawkTA
I dont see the logic in cuting him unless hes having a horrendous camp thus far. I mean, why cut the guy that helped you make it to the playoffs when no one thought you would.
Perhaps they don't feel that Carter helped them make it to the playoffs? I think their opinion is that they made it to the playoffs despite having Carter at QB and Parcells isn't going to put up with that for long. He's not the kind of coach who expects his QB to win games. He only expects him not to lose them. Carter has never been a Parcells type QB. He's as inconsistent as the day is long. Tuna would rather have a more limited athelete who he can rely on to do only what's expected. Hence Vinny Testeverde is going to be the starter and Henson is going to be groomed in the manner Parcells wants.
Old 08-04-2004   #62
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

perhaps parcells told jones that look quincy isn't a starting QB in the nfl...deal with it...and they cut him...no biggy...he didn't take them to the playoffs last year their defense did...testaverde was having a great year til pennington came back from his injury and there is no reason to believe that he can't regain his form now...the defense is better with wiley replacing ekuban...and with newman getting a year of experience on his belt...the o-line looks to be in better shape...and now they have a running game and a QB that doesn't throw picks left and right
Old 08-04-2004   #63
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carter Failed a team drug test which may or may not have been leagal but he tested positive for Cowboy Candy so Billy Tuna Canned his arse. Too Bad so sad, Not. Cowpies have problems and it starts with Jerrah Jones. Cry me a river whilst I play the worlds smallest violin.
Old 08-04-2004   #64
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slow down on the Spin cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
...testaverde was having a great year til pennington came back from his injury and there is no reason to believe that he can't regain his form now...
Um no, he wasn't. Testaverde led the Jets to 9 TD drives in 7 games last year. And the Jets have more talent on offense than the cowgirls do. True, the girl offense wasn’t in good shape with Wincy Carter, averaging 18 points/game. Replacing him with a 40 year old Testaverde won’t fix anything.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #65
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If, and I admit a may be a big if, the cowpies may be better with Vinny running them if he plays as well as he did last year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #66
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
So do the Tuna and JJ swallow their pride and TRY to resign the Chad (who already knows the system) or wait to see what QBs are around after the first couple of cuts?
No. After Testeverde blows out a knee in preseason, the starting job will go to Drew Henson, who then will lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #67
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
No. After Testeverde blows out a knee in preseason, the starting job will go to Drew Henson, who then will lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.
Nightmarish thought having such a QB situation in a Superbowl run. The thought of getting Chad back would be more a matter of last resort that hopefully won't happen. If for some reason Chad is asked to return and Vinny is injured, then we can probably chalk this season up as 8-8 at best. I don't think I would wish that situation on the Eagles.

Last edited by StarStruck; 08-04-2004 at 06:14 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2004   #68
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think the Cowboys are in a tough spot even if they still had Quincy as a starter. The NFC East is vastly improved from last year, and they'd do great to win 8 or 9 games with Carter. The Redskins will be much better under Joe Gibbs who only has one losing season in his NFL career (7-9), and the Eagles are much better with McNabb having TO to throw to. The Giants will be improved, but they'll still have the worse record in the division. Testaverde will struggle, no doubt, but I feel that Parcells has a better knowledge of Vinny than any other coach he's played under. Vinny's best years were with Parcells coaching the Jets, and I think Vinny will do well with Parcells in Dallas. That being said, he is still turning 41 in November, and age will be a factor. He won't put up big numbers, but he'll manage the game effectively and that is all that the Tuna asks out of his QB. This could be the year that the Texans have the best record out of the two Texas clubs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #69
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Um no, he wasn't. Testaverde led the Jets to 9 TD drives in 7 games last year. And the Jets have more talent on offense than the cowgirls do. True, the girl offense wasn’t in good shape with Wincy Carter, averaging 18 points/game. Replacing him with a 40 year old Testaverde won’t fix anything.

He completed 62% of his passes for 1385 with 7td and 2 ints. I would argue the jets have more talent than the Cowboys did last. They also ran the same O they did when Pennington was in there and that does not fit Vinny.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #70
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan
Carter Failed a team drug test which may or may not have been leagal but he tested positive for Cowboy Candy so Billy Tuna Canned his arse. Too Bad so sad, Not. Cowpies have problems and it starts with Jerrah Jones. Cry me a river whilst I play the worlds smallest violin.

Hey Joe,

Considering I live here in Houston and you are fan of the year and might have some pull. Do me a favor and help keep your drunk driving Texans off the road.
Old 08-04-2004   #71
jdevall
Rookie

Default It's funny about DALLAS...

they're stuck with cruddy Testaverde at QB with Parcells kicking their only good qb off the team!
jdevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #72
jdevall
Rookie

Default drugs, drugs, drugs

how come the 'Boys always end up in motels or caught doing drugs??????
jdevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #73
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevall
how come the 'Boys always end up in motels or caught doing drugs??????

Name me 5 players while Cowboys that were caught for drugs or in hotel rooms.
Old 08-04-2004   #74
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevall
they're stuck with cruddy Testaverde at QB with Parcells kicking their only good qb off the team!

Good QB? You must not watch to many Cowboys games.
Old 08-04-2004   #75
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm just loving this. i'm convinced a buddy of mine who is a huge cowboys fan just bought a q carter jersey....and now he has to put it in the closet of shame with other "dopers" like irvin, newton, lett, harper, etc....never to be worn again.

but in talking to that buddy of mine an intresting question arose...is he even talented enough to make the texans roster? i'm thinking NO. i know carter already has played enough to not be eligible for the practice squad but PERHAPS....casserly could find a loop hole to get carter in there. maybe he could hold the ball for field goals? perhaps he could serve as a drug councelor for our players on how not to @*%$ up your life? maybe we could find a new mascot postion for him?

today has been a great day...
Old 08-04-2004   #76
SESupergenius

I know of 3 right off the top of my head:

Leon Lett
Michael Irvin
Peppi Zellner
Old 08-04-2004   #77
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

What about that offensive lineman from a couple of years ago?

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #78
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda
i'm just loving this. i'm convinced a buddy of mine who is a huge cowboys fan just bought a q carter jersey....and now he has to put it in the closet of shame with other "dopers" like irvin, newton, lett, harper, etc....never to be worn again.

but in talking to that buddy of mine an intresting question arose...is he even talented enough to make the texans roster? i'm thinking NO. i know carter already has played enough to not be eligible for the practice squad but PERHAPS....casserly could find a loop hole to get carter in there. maybe he could hold the ball for field goals? perhaps he could serve as a drug councelor for our players on how not to @*%$ up your life? maybe we could find a new mascot postion for him?

today has been a great day...

He is not good enough to make the Texasn roster. He would have been 3rd string on a lot of NFL rosters and 2nd on a few.

I was listening to the ticket out of Dallas when the news broke and they said there were 3 guys standing in front of them that had just bought Q jerseys few minutes before.
Old 08-04-2004   #79
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I know of 3 right off the top of my head:

Leon Lett
Michael Irvin
Peppi Zellner

Not Zellner. It was not his. You can believe that or not but he was not charge.
Old 08-04-2004   #80
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
What about that offensive lineman from a couple of years ago?

If you're talking about Newton, he was not a Cowboy. He was a ex Cowboy/Panther.

Cowboys can't control players if they are playing for another team or are retired.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read