Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2004   #41
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I knew we should have gotten a conditional pick for Henson. We might have been able to get a 2nd rounder out of it if he plays a lot this season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #42
Ediddy73
Veteran

the Cowboys cutting a player for testing positive for coke? When the hell did they change THAT policy?
Old 08-04-2004   #43
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

When Bill Parcells hired on.

Has there been anybody on his watch that you've read about that had a drug issue?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #44
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

What about LT?
Austin_Texan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #45
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn. I missed seeing LT in the Cowboys uniform when he played!

I didn't clarify myself obviously. I mean since he's been Cowboys coach....

and I'm asking, not being facetious.

Has there been any COWBOY involved or fined/suspended since Parcells hired on?
Old 08-04-2004   #46
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Not that I am aware of. All the crack heads are in prison or "Retired" prior to LAST season.
Old 08-04-2004   #47
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Carter could end up in Arizona or San Francisco. Those seem to be the 2 teams with the shakiest QB situation. If i were Carter i'd try to get my butt to Arizona where he will have Dennis Green as a coach and Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Bryant to throw to.
I think AZ is ok with their QB's.

04 King, Shaun QB 6-1 228 Tulane
12 McCown, Josh QB 6-4 213 Sam Houston State
15 Lewis, Chris QB 6-3 215 Stanford University
16 Navarre, John QB 6-6 250 Michigan

D. Green doesnt care about Carter.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2004   #48
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Legendary coke fiend Lawrence Taylor went unchecked by Bill Parcells for years. I'm sure if Carter could play, Parcells would give him a 2nd chance as well. There's nothing in Parcells' coaching history that indicates he takes a hardline on off the field behavior.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
When Bill Parcells hired on.

Has there been anybody on his watch that you've read about that had a drug issue?

He didn't seem too concerned about L.T. snorting it up at halftime.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #50
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was shocked at the news of Quincy's release, but had read enough on another board to know that whatever happened was very serious and more than likely had nothing to do with practice. I was equally surprised that the release was drug related, since he seemed to have been well grounded. However, if the reports are valid, the organization handled the situation in the best possible manner, decisive and swift, and we can now cut our losses and move forward.

With that being said, hopefully Quincy gets the assistance he needs, and even more so, young people as well as athletes, understand how addictions can rob what should be successful lives and careers. I understand because I use to be addicted to cigarettes, so I can easily advise for someone not to try any substance with the potential to be habit forming, even once.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #51
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Ok. I was wrong about Parcells. I'm not that familiar with LT and his problems because I just frankly didn't care about the Giants. But if the coach allowed it, knew about it then he was dead wrong.

Maybe he doesn't want to make the same mistake. Although there is no universe where you can compare Taylor's talent to Quincy's.
Old 08-04-2004   #52
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

In a talent comparison of LT to Carter there was NEVER any doubt. Although I have never liked the Cowgirls it is a shame to see a man that was in a position of leadership faulter like that.

PS.... I do like the cowgirls better that the pathetic, underachiving, choking, Oilers. Once a punk Oiler, always a punk Oiler.
Old 08-04-2004   #53
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
No, No, No, No, No. My God NOOO!!!. Yesterday I bought a freakin Carter jersey. Im shocked, I just cant bear to believe it. I'm disgusted if Parcells actually did cut him. This reminds me of when Dallas cut Banks. This has to be a screw up. We'll see at the press conference, i'll be listening live on dallascowboys.com

That was your fault for buying a jersey of someone who wasn't for sure going to start.

This is the best Cowboys news all year.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #54
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I'm not completely up-to-date with L.T.'s career. The question I have is how many times he tested positive for cocaine?...it's hard to cut a guy that has always passed a drug test.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #55
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

The league was not doing drug testing in the 80's like they are today. He may never have been tested, or it may have come out "clean" if you know what I mean.
Old 08-04-2004   #56
DFAN
Veteran

This was not a league drug test. It was a team drug test. That's why Mort said this might even be a bigger story than it is now.
Old 08-04-2004   #57
DFAN
Veteran

I'm sorry. They do not know yet if was a league or a team test.
Old 08-04-2004   #58
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Under the current CBA, teams can't give their own tests. Carter can rightfully sue the Cowboys.
Old 08-04-2004   #59
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Under the current CBA, teams can't give their own tests. Carter can rightfully sue the Cowboys.

That's why Mort said this could turn into a big story if that is true.

I can't see them thinking they could keep this under wraps if they did test him and release him.
Old 08-04-2004   #60
MikeMc
All Pro

I wonder if his former teammates feel the same about him as Ricky Williams' teammates did. Considering both are no longer on the team because of drug use!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read