Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-04-2004   #21
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Heck yeah, ever hear of Flozel Adams?
Its one this to protect Carter, having decent mobility. But Vinny is something completely different.
Austin_Texan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #22
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Who said Vinnie was going to be the starter? You never know. They might stick Henson out there or get somebody else.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #23
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Quincy Carter cut in dallas

Cowboys cut Quincy carter... 12:30pm Wednesday.

I wonder why this was made?

I wonder where Carter will end up. Arizona? San Francisco?

Looks like Vinnie Testaverde is the starting quarterback in big D now.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #24
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Little late to get anybody else with veteran starting experiance. I haven't heard much about Henson, but being a rook I would expect them to go with the vet first.
Old 08-04-2004   #25
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99FirehawkTA
I dont see the logic in cuting him unless hes having a horrendous camp thus far. I mean, why cut the guy that helped you make it to the playoffs when no one thought you would.
The Cowboys made the playoff inspite of having Carter as the QB, not because they had Carter. The D played well enough to off-set much of his play. I also think they are building for the future, that's the only reason I can think of for them trading out of the 1st rd. They ended up with good picks for next year. I guess they realize they truly over-achieved last season and that they need to re-load to do it consistently.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #26
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Carter could end up in Arizona or San Francisco. Those seem to be the 2 teams with the shakiest QB situation. If i were Carter i'd try to get my butt to Arizona where he will have Dennis Green as a coach and Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Bryant to throw to.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #27
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

This is all just a reminder of why I love my Texans!!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2004   #28
Jonathan
Veteran

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2638378

Cowboys cut Carter after positive cocaine test
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com

Quarterback Quincy Carter is expected to be released by the Dallas Cowboys Wednesday after testing positive for cocaine, league sources told FOX NFL Sunday insider John Czarnecki.

Club owner Jerry Jones confirmed that Carter has been released. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells is expected to hold a regularly scheduled news conference at 11:30 a.m. PT Wednesday at the team's training camp headquarters in Oxnard, Ca.
Carter entered the league in the NFL substance abuse program and this is his second positive test, which by NFL rules would warrant a four-game fine not a suspension.

According to an earlier broadcast report, Carter was AWOL from practice Wednesday morning, and the absence is not injury related and the Cowboys will be making an "official" statement regarding Carter after the conclusion of practice. But other broadcast reports have intimated that the Cowboys quarterback will be released, leaving Vinny Testaverde and Drew Henson to battle for the starting position.

Micky Spagnola, the station's Cowboys beat reporter, compared the situation to that of Tony Banks three years ago where Banks was absent from practice and it was announced after practice that he had been cut.

This move comes on the heels of unanimous opinions that Henson has been the best quarterback in camp thus far, which had to be at least mildly upseting to Carter, who started all 16 games for the Cowboys in 2003, leading them to a 10-6 record.

In his first season as the full-time starter - after splitting time the first two seasons - Carter threw for 3,302 yards, but had 21 interceptions and 17 touchdowns. He was intercepted at least twice in six games.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #29
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Carter tested positive for Cocaine. Thats the reason http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2638378

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 08-04-2004 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #30
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

Run Quincy Run !!!!
Old 08-04-2004   #31
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Carter tested positive for Cocaine.
What a loser

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #32
chicagotexan
All Pro

I knew he wasn't really hurt on the field. He was just trying to snort the 50 yrd line.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #33
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What a complete fool. Carter will not be playing with any team this season.

I guess this puts 40 year old Testaverde the starter unless Henson takes it from him. btw, Cowgirl fans, what's the scoop on Romo, never hear much about him?
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #34
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Chad Hutchinson is laughing right now....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #35
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I didn't see the coke metioned, I shall delete my thread
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if the drug item is true they did the right thing in cutting him.

They've been there and done that.

I'm not so sure he could just go to another team if he failed a drug test.

What's the NFL position on that? Wouldn't he be suspended?

I don't think they are worried about Hutchison. He's not an NFL caliber QB.
Old 08-04-2004   #37
Jonathan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Well if the drug item is true they did the right thing in cutting him.

They've been there and done that.

I'm not so sure he could just go to another team if he failed a drug test.

What's the NFL position on that? Wouldn't he be suspended?
This is Quincy's 2nd offense meaning there would only be a fine. If he was to fail another test, he would have to serve a 4 game suspension.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #38
Austin_Texan_Fan
Rookie

With all the publicity over Ricky and now Carter, I think some teams may be a little stand-offish.
Old 08-04-2004   #39
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Seems to be a trend this summer...the whole failing a drug test and not playing football anymore. Ricky Williams, Quincy Carter, and even Marcus Vick had problems with drugs. Who's next? Anyone want to take a guess?
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #40
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I dunno. I think these guys have easy access to drugs and I suppose get involved with them thinking they are supermen and won't get caught. Naive but you know young people think they are invincible and I guess athletes moreso.

I know the NFL has a leaguewide drug policy and I guess if you take the ones that get in trouble it's a fairly low number compared to the number on the rosters.

It's a national problem too.

Kids in elementary school get offered drugs.

It's such a lose-lose proposition.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read