Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2006   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Texans 2006 Schedule

Texans Schedule for 2006
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

I dont know what you guys think but that Schedule looks tougher than the one we had this year :brickwall
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
Texans Schedule for 2006
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

I dont know what you guys think but that Schedule looks tougher than the one we had this year :brickwall
The only hopes would be Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo, maybe Philly, maybe NYJ and Oakland. I count six wins at the very most, and that would be stretching it.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where did this list come from? Is that right?
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, next year will be a tougher one this this years. 8-8 will be a real feat to get done.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

'eh, never know. Teams that are great this year could stink next year (except Indy, of course).

Look at Philly and how far they fell in a year.

The schedule does appear a little tougher when looked at with where those team are this year, though.
Old 01-04-2006   #6
How 'Bout Them Texans???
Rookie

**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals. they got their asses handed to them from the chargers that didnt even make it to the playoffs, and their starters were actually in that game. i know the dungy death thing is sad, but i still dont have much pity for this team.
we'll know the texans have gotten better when we sweep the colts both games while manning and harrison are still starting on the team. that'll be the year the texans get in the playoffs.
i cant wait to see indianapolis shut down in the playoffs again. they're the USC of the NFL, overrated and destined to perish to a team the media thinks they can beat.
How 'Bout Them Texans??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by How 'Bout Them Texans???
**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals. they got their asses handed to them from the chargers that didnt even make it to the playoffs, and their starters were actually in that game. i know the dungy death thing is sad, but i still dont have much pity for this team.
we'll know the texans have gotten better when we sweep the colts both games while manning and harrison are still starting on the team. that'll be the year the texans get in the playoffs.
i cant wait to see indianapolis shut down in the playoffs again. they're the USC of the NFL, overrated and destined to perish to a team the media thinks they can beat.
Except that USC can win a championship. I agree that they are as overrated as it gets and I wish upon wish for an obliterating loss to NE again in the playoffs and people can shut up with the "if only they could play them in Indy it would be different" crap.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look at what players they put on the field. This is Colts mentality, if the game does not mean ****e, leave the MVP's on the bench. Just think back to last pre-season, 0-4.

Last edited by Malloy; 01-04-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals.
I'm not sure how overrated they are to be honest with you. They are 48-16 in the past four seasons under Dungy. That's pretty impressive, regardless of the outcome of their seasons. I'd be happy with that record if it was associated with our team.

With regards to "barely won" - that term doesn't exist. You win or you lose. It is a black and white issue - SCOREBOARD. It's all that matters.

I'm not a Colts fan by any stretch of the imagination. Hope they choke again, to be honest. But I still have to be honest and admit they're a consistently good team under Dungy.
Old 01-04-2006   #10
slyfox68
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
Texans Schedule for 2006

Tougher is an understatement IMO

7 of the 13 teams we will play were .500 or better in 2005.
(IND, JAC, NE, NYG, WASH, DAL, MIA)
2 of the 7 we play twice. (IND, JAC)
3 of the 7 were division champs. (IND, NE, NYG)
5 of the 13 are playoff bound. (IND, NE, NYG, JAC, WASH)
ALL 13 had a better record than us.
Old 01-04-2006   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Ohh the schedule will be tough, but Jack is overacieving, Buffalo is in dissaray, Tenn. is still a minute away, Clev will be very beatable again, Jets yeah we know there situation, dallas we beat them on principle, and oakland they should not be overly good next year either. well looking at that I would say 6-10 or 7-9 is a fair projection and anything over that may be overachieving depending on the offseason.
Old 01-04-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember last season.. we were talking about how easy we were going to have it this season.

There are very few "sure things" in the NFL.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I would say that Indianapolis is more like the Marino Dolphins. They put up a lot of points but they don't win the big games.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

That schedule doesn't intimidate me. It seems like every year we are facing the toughest schedule we've ever had. I refuse to worry about this. Obviously not ever bad team is going to improve and we could have another down year. I don't think that way though so here's what I think about that schedule.

We were 2-14 this year. I see the following lousy teams on that schedule:

Tennessee
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Tennessee
New York (Jets).

That's the makings of a 6 win season right there. 6-10 is possible.

Then we throw in Jacksonville twice. The Jaguars are a team that we almost always get up for and so I think we can split that.

All of a sudden we're at 7-9 again.

Then you have the games against the Colts. We probably lose both of those and that's what it looks like on paper, no doubt about it. Sooner or later though we're going to win one against them. It could happen next year. If we split with the Colts (say they overlook us) then we could be 8-8.

Now lets look at the Cowboys. The Texans are going to be up for that game and they know what a win against Dallas means to the people back in Houston.

The remaining teams are Miami, Washington, New England, and the New York Giants.

An upset or two puts us in the playoffs.

That's a way early, super-optimistic look at next season. It will probably all change between now and then but right now I see nothing to fear in here.
Old 01-04-2006   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You have got to be kidding right?

The colts are overrated? I'm not sure what you're smoking but puff puff pass.

I mean 48-16 the past 4 season under dungy....how is that overrated? Yes in the big games I agree they have had a tough time getting past NE....but WHO HASN'T???? I guess everyone since they've won 3 of the last 4 championships.

The fact that they had a hard time beating Arz doesn't mean squat. The starters didn't even play that much. Yea they got beat by SD...who was considered to be a SB defense and had they been in the NFC would have been far and away the best team. They just suffered from being in a ridiculously hard conference.

Indy has a dominating pass rush. If they stick with what playoff football is about running and defense they will roll.
Old 01-04-2006   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

There D is a paper tiger. They play sub par teams, and a few good teams in slumps, and they talk the best D in the NFL. The O is great, dont get me wrong, but they get more credit than they deserve. They have a tendency to choak in the playoffs and until they get over the hump they will always be overrated in my eyes. Just like Cincy, KC, Dallas, and the NY Giants. Im not calling them horrible but just because your good doesn't mean you cant be overrated.
Old 01-04-2006   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Colts are overrated I hope they bring some of that over here...you are what you are and they are an excellent football team. They're well coached, their offense is superb and they improved on defense this year. They can be beat as can any other team in history past and future. They're not perfect...but overrated. Nope.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #18
bigTEXan8
All Pro

I don't know this for sure, but I think 8 of the Jags wins this year came against teams with a under .500 average.
Old 01-04-2006   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

I never said they werent.
Old 03-13-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We have a really hard schedule for next year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read