Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran
 
CyberTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 172
Rep Power: 11 CyberTexan is ridin' the pine
Default We Need Bush !!!!

there had a dont need thread so i thought i would start one for the need bush fans . Seriously though even with the line we had and all the moving around a late round pick like Davis can average between 1000 and 1200 yards ( wich is only average I might add ) a season think what a Heisman winner can do behind that same Oline alot of these plays that Davis got into the open field on would have more than likely been Touch Downs for Bush.
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame
 
ATX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 34
Posts: 9,563
Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

We had a better rushing stats than Indy and New England according to Stats on nfl.com. We were 15th at 113.5 yards per game. Throw in Reggie Bush and who knows, maybe top 10 or top 5.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #3
royce1054
All Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HOUSTON
Age: 32
Posts: 900
Rep Power: 10 royce1054 is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
there had a dont need thread so i thought i would start one for the need bush fans . Seriously though even with the line we had and all the moving around a late round pick like Davis can average between 1000 and 1200 yards ( wich is only average I might add ) a season think what a Heisman winner can do behind that same Oline alot of these plays that Davis got into the open field on would have more than likely been Touch Downs for Bush.

first of all if Davis was behind a seattle line and TE and with their WR corps you would notice the same things you see here and would say lets sign him. Now you are saying you want Bush so what are your plans to bring him here bc if you just say lets draft him then i know you dont know how to make it happen. Who are you planning us to sign before we get him. Are you planning us to draft or sign a TE, OL, LB, and CB's?
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #4
Waltman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 69
Rep Power: 0 Waltman is ridin' the pine
Default

If the Texans don't keep Bush (because they will draft him), I don't think it's because we don't need him. It will be because we can't afford it, and if they really want him bad enough who knows what changes we'll see to the current roster.


what do you mean false start?
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame
 
Texas_Thrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: H-Town stomping once again!
Age: 34
Posts: 1,473
Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

I'm not AGAINST Bush I'm just not FOR Bush either. To say we need him is to say we have NO rb talent what so ever. What we lack imo is a PLAYMAKER in the backfield.

I think drafting bush is really sketchy. Houston quite frankly needs some excitement and this kid will bring it. Is it the wisest FOOTBALL decision? I'm not sure.

However the colts did TRADE Marshall Faulk to make room for Edgerrin James. KEEP THAT IN MIND.


ALL THAT SAID.......TRADE BACK GO DEFENSE!!!!!
__________________
Texans messageboard.....where everyone is a damn draft expert.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #6
Waltman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 69
Rep Power: 0 Waltman is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
I'm not AGAINST Bush I'm just not FOR Bush either. To say we need him is to say we have NO rb talent what so ever. What we lack imo is a PLAYMAKER in the backfield.

I think drafting bush is really sketchy. Houston quite frankly needs some excitement and this kid will bring it. Is it the wisest FOOTBALL decision? I'm not sure.

However the colts did TRADE Marshall Faulk to make room for Edgerrin James. KEEP THAT IN MIND.


ALL THAT SAID.......TRADE BACK GO DEFENSE!!!!!



I'm with you on defense
Waltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #7
Texans86
All Pro
 
Texans86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 10 Texans86 is a team player
Default

I think the first pick here could be very interesting for the city. I'm sure many of you remember when Philidelphia passed on a can't RB in the first round, and picked a QB instead. The city was furious and even boo'ed when the QB got on stage. I'm sure you've caught on by now that Philidelphia passed on Ricky Williams, who held the record for most rushing yards, and was coming off of 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. They chose Donovan McNabb instead. I'm not comparing Reggie Bush to Ricky Williams. Williams was a head case coming out of Texas, even though he was a great running back (I think he's figured some things out since then). However, I could see similar results if we trade away the first pick in the NFL draft. Some of the fans might boo whoever we get.
__________________
"Only the Sith deal in absolutes." ---Wait, isn't that an absolute?
Texans86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2006   #8
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame
 
Texas_Thrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: H-Town stomping once again!
Age: 34
Posts: 1,473
Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

I think you're absolutely right 86.

This is a very very DIVIDED place and I expect after tonights game it will only be that much more divided.
__________________
Texans messageboard.....where everyone is a damn draft expert.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #9
stevo3883
All Pro
 
stevo3883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: h-town
Age: 34
Posts: 733
Rep Power: 9 stevo3883 is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
I think the first pick here could be very interesting for the city. I'm sure many of you remember when Philidelphia passed on a can't RB in the first round, and picked a QB instead. The city was furious and even boo'ed when the QB got on stage. I'm sure you've caught on by now that Philidelphia passed on Ricky Williams, who held the record for most rushing yards, and was coming off of 4 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. They chose Donovan McNabb instead. I'm not comparing Reggie Bush to Ricky Williams. Williams was a head case coming out of Texas, even though he was a great running back (I think he's figured some things out since then). However, I could see similar results if we trade away the first pick in the NFL draft. Some of the fans might boo whoever we get.

ricky had no character questions at all coming out of college. He was viewed, like Bush, as the perfect guy to have on your team.


and about the other part. There isnt a Donovan Mcnabb in this draft and we don't need a qb. A great QB is the most important player to have, period. Thats the only reason you can pass on great talent, if its for a great QB.
__________________
Go Team?
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #10
Texans86
All Pro
 
Texans86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Age: 28
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 10 Texans86 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
ricky had no character questions at all coming out of college. He was viewed, like Bush, as the perfect guy to have on your team.


and about the other part. There isnt a Donovan Mcnabb in this draft and we don't need a qb. A great QB is the most important player to have, period. Thats the only reason you can pass on great talent, if its for a great QB.
I was just thinking it might be funny if those that ended up going to New York to watch the draft actually boo'ed whoever we picked. It looked really bad for Philidelphia and I'm pretty sure it would look bad for our city as well.
__________________
"Only the Sith deal in absolutes." ---Wait, isn't that an absolute?
Texans86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #11
HOOK'EM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 9 HOOK'EM is ridin' the pine
Default

gET DA bush!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #12
BeerFan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 9 BeerFan is a fan favorite
Send a message via AIM to BeerFan
Default

we need bush?

i heard that in '04 when that SOB got re-elected and im still pretty pissed about it
__________________
I'm the busdriver man.
BeerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,298
Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

We had pretty good production out of our running backs this year. I just don't see the need of a #1 overall running back. To me, it just doesn't make sense. First of all, you have to address your needs in the draft, for the future, as much as for next season. When I look at the Texans, Tailback is the last thing I think this team needs. You can make a much better case for a pass rushing OLB....., a Whole plugging NT, and a whole new offensive line much better than you can for a RB.

I say we use the pick to draft Vince Young.

Now, every argument you've got against drafting Vince, for example " Vince would not be able to run away from NFL defences" you can use against Reggie. His 40 yard times mean nothing until he get's behind the defense, and unless he's playing the Texans, it isn't going to happen often. NFL defenses(other than the Texans) don't take bad angles, and they don't miss the tackles that are missed in the college game. More often than not they will either wrap up or they will knock you off your feet.

Or, " Running backs can be productive their first season".... We got the first pick in the draft. Unless the team was really playing for the Reggie bowl, don't go thinking AFC Championsip game just yet. We've just come off a 2-14 season. If that's not a perfect situation to throw in a rookie QB, there will never be one. He can't do any worse than that. Look at San Francisco... they did it, and they beat us.

Just for the sake of trivia.... How many rookie QBs beat us this year?? What was that kid from St Louis?? Fitzpatrick?? He kicked our buts, and wasn't even a first rounder. Who played QB for Baltimore??

edit: forgot to add my point...... Flip the situation around.... However goofy or stupid you may think it is to draft Vince, it's just as stupid and goofy to draft Bush. I don't care who in what NewsPaper or TV show said what.... If we're going to draft because of what some people other than team managment wants, I think you should draft the guy the hometown fans want.
__________________

Last edited by thunderkyss; 01-18-2006 at 12:24 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #14
Glacier
Veteran
 
Glacier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 227
Rep Power: 0 Glacier is ridin' the pine
Default

why bush though? why the top pick on a runner?

REAL football minds have proven over and over again that you find your best value at running back not in the first round at all....

runners take a lot of punishment and have a short life span, typically. why would you waste the first ovre all pick in a draft on such a product?

look what dallas did with their pick in the 2004 draft. With the 22nd pick in the draft, they TRADE DOWN and pick up Julius Jones, a VERY functional runner, with EVERY SINGLE RUNNER in the draft still available to them.

That nets them the 11th and 20th pick in the draft for 2005 which they used to get 2 stud defenders that contributed RIGHT AWAY.

Imagine what Houston could get for the first over all pick in the draft......
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger