Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-03-2006   #1
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You Dont Pass On Talent Like This....

http://www.youtube.com/w/reggie-bush...=reggie%20bush

Imagine......Battle Red or Steel Blue

YOU THINK EARL HAD THE BEST OLINE??? NO......We needed the excitement......!!! Plus, He will open up thinks for AJ down the field......................
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Cool video, but this has been posted several times.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
CyberTexan
Veteran

I couldnt agree more Scarface and like I said in another post if we could get just one of these FA Linemen ( LeCharles Bentley Saints ) ( Steve Hutchinson Seahawks ) ( Kevin Shaffer, Falcons ) we would be fine and use the second to pick up a Guard . Bush and DD is somthing I would love to see
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #4
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

ok

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/30/sp...rssnyt&emc=rss

A link to the INFAMOUS High school tape........
Old 01-03-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, that's it. I want a punter with the first pick.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
http://www.youtube.com/w/reggie-bush...=reggie%20bush

Imagine......Battle Red or Steel Blue

YOU THINK EARL HAD THE BEST OLINE??? NO......We needed the excitement......!!! Plus, He will open up thinks for AJ down the field......................
I see a RB with burner speed returning a punt, catching balls in the end zone, and taking dump passes down the field. I see a RB who can make defenders miss, but did not once see him break a tackle in that video or run straight up the middle between the tackles. I'll take D'Brick, thank you...
Old 01-03-2006   #7
real

Does stiff arming guys to the ground count as breaking tackles?
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2006   #8
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

If Bush played at UT, 100% of this board would be in love....LOL.

Um just look at the Oilers' past. After drafting isn Munchak and Mathews....it still took the Oilers 4 years and Warren Moon to get them in the playoffs. The Oilers never had the RB to be the ground threat to get them over the hump in the playoffs.

When the Luv'ya Blue Oilers had Earl with a So-So line, It took maybe the Best team in History to prevent the to get to the SuperBowl.

I will take my chances on Bush.

D'Brick is Not PACE.......no where near him. U dont pass on Eric Dickerson again.........Oilers did.
Old 01-03-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lorenzo White, Alan Pinkett, Alonzo Highsmith, Gary Brown, at least one other.

The Oilers spent draft picks galore on RBs and it just didn't work out.
Old 01-03-2006   #10
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

After reading all the pros and cons about whether to take Bush or not...I'm falling on the side to take him. I'm believing those of you that are a lot smarter than I that there will be good OL still available after we would draft Bush. At the very least, how much more time would that give Carr if we had an offensive threat like Bush coming out of the backfield? OMG!
NWTexan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the oilers didnt have DD and if i remember right, were never dominant on defense.
Old 01-03-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
the oilers didnt have DD and if i remember right, were never dominant on defense.
Oh, I'd have to disagree with the defense part of that, but you're right about DD. White and Brown had 1 season each that they were as good as DD, but that's it.

I'd love to have some of those D guys on our team right now.
Old 01-03-2006   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
If Bush played at UT, 100% of this board would be in love....LOL.

Um just look at the Oilers' past. After drafting isn Munchak and Mathews....it still took the Oilers 4 years and Warren Moon to get them in the playoffs. The Oilers never had the RB to be the ground threat to get them over the hump in the playoffs.

When the Luv'ya Blue Oilers had Earl with a So-So line, It took maybe the Best team in History to prevent the to get to the SuperBowl.

I will take my chances on Bush.

D'Brick is Not PACE.......no where near him. U dont pass on Eric Dickerson again.........Oilers did.
We had 3 winning seasons and no Super Bowls while Campbell was here for six seasons. One man alone cannot carry a team. If you want to be a 4-12 team next season instead of a 2-14 team, then sure I'd draft Bush...
Old 01-03-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

With a new coach and coaching staff, we will be much better than 2-14 or 4-12. I believe with a new coaching staff alone we will be 7-9 or better
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #15
Texans86
All Pro

It's going to be a long four months till draft day. I'm already sick of hearing Bush's name. Even if we trade the pick before draft day, people will then talk about what could have been. No matter what happens, Bush's name will be around for many years on this board. We draft him, he does well...the "I told you he was great, bow down to my genius" come out. We draft him, he does bad, the "Told you so, we should have traded the pick" guys come out. We trade the pick and he does well elsewhere, no matter how well we do with who we draft, we should have drafted him, and if we don't draft him, he does badly, guys get to say "see, I told you we shouldn't draft him."
Old 01-03-2006   #16
CyberTexan
Veteran

anyone that has followed this guy has seen the tackles he breaks , i dont know what video you are watching but theres not only broken tackles but he makes guys miss thats his style .
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
It's going to be a long four months till draft day. I'm already sick of hearing Bush's name. Even if we trade the pick before draft day, people will then talk about what could have been. No matter what happens, Bush's name will be around for many years on this board. We draft him, he does well...the "I told you he was great, bow down to my genius" come out. We draft him, he does bad, the "Told you so, we should have traded the pick" guys come out. We trade the pick and he does well elsewhere, no matter how well we do with who we draft, we should have drafted him, and if we don't draft him, he does badly, guys get to say "see, I told you we shouldn't draft him."
Not for years, maybe one season, I haven't heard anything about Derrick Johnson in a few weeks...
Old 01-03-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
anyone that has followed this guy has seen the tackles he breaks , i dont know what video you are watching but theres not only broken tackles but he makes guys miss thats his style .
Maybe I watched a different video, I saw him spin and make defenders miss, never saw him take on a defender heads up or break a tackle...
Old 01-03-2006   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I see a RB with burner speed returning a punt, catching balls in the end zone, and taking dump passes down the field. I see a RB who can make defenders miss, but did not once see him break a tackle in that video or run straight up the middle between the tackles. I'll take D'Brick, thank you...

Well actually in the video...

After some of the long catches against VT, there is a video of him running between the tackles at the 5 yard line scoring a touchdown.

Around the half way point, he runs between the tackles against UCLA.

Right after that, he runs between the tackles again against UCLA.

After that, against Oklahoma, he starts a run up the middle and then bounces outside for a long run.

After that, he runs between the tackles against Arkansas.

After the Oregon run, he runs between the tackles and hurdles a Arizona State player.

After that, he runs between the tackles and hurdles a Notre Dame player.

Then there is the famous run against Fresno State, where in fact he starts between the tackles and then puts the after burners on to reach the outside.

The video isn't one of the best because they show a lot of plays where you just see the end result not necessarily how he got to the open field.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #20
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Not for years, maybe one season, I haven't heard anything about Derrick Johnson in a few weeks...
No one hear has heard about Travis Johnson all year
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read