Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerry Gray

Does anyone know much about him? I know he's the defensive coordinator in Buffalo, but how have Buffalo's defenses been the last couple of years? I've never heard him mentioned as a head coaching candidate before either.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Does anyone know much about him? I know he's the defensive coordinator in Buffalo, but how have Buffalo's defenses been the last couple of years? I've never heard him mentioned as a head coaching candidate before either.
IMO they have had one of the best defense in the league.

I would also like to say the some players follow their coaches around.
T Spikes, Nate Clements, A Schobel, L Milloy, T McGee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
Capster67
Veteran

Default Bad Year

I read the Buffalo defense crashed from #2 to #29 this year. I know Fangio had the #31 defense the year before we hired him. I'm a little leary of hiring Gray after such a bad year (injuries excuse as reason for the decline doesn't entirely cut it in my book).
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #4
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Gary Walker

Early this evening Gary Walker was on 610am talking about how great a defensive mind Gray was. Apparently, Walker worked with Gray when Gray was the DB coach for the Oilers. Walker said he was "one of the best young football minds in the game." Not a bad recommendation.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #5
cmach1987
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
IMO they have had one of the best defense in the league.

I would also like to say the some players follow their coaches around.
T Spikes, Nate Clements, A Schobel, L Milloy, T McGee.

sorry to burst your bubble, but spikes, schobel, and mcgee have time left on their contracts, so they are not going anywhere. as for clements and milloy, you can have them if you want, as they didn't cover anybody all year. as for gray, he took a giant step backwards this year. they only lost pat williams to free agency, and spikes to injury this year, so anybody who thinks that the bills suffered on defense because of injuries is mistaken. it was because of a blitz on every play and underachieving players that did the bills in. i should know. i have bills season tickets and suffered through this dissappointing season. congrats on getting bush. he's going to be a star.
cmach1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I know little of Gray, but some tidbits that are known. He was a DB at UT and went to school with McNair's son. He is seen as one of the brightest young minds in the NFL on the defensive side of the ball and is supposedly a good personell guy. He runs both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses, but his teams have been known to play sporadic. They are quite up and down, but this may be due to his players, but I doubt it. His gameplanning is ok, but sometimes a little short. The Bills faithful find his gamemanagement a bit questionable. I like the guy, but not as our head coach. He should land somewhere this year or in the next few. If Mularkey is fired he may become the front runner for the Bills job.
Old 01-04-2006   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If he's good enough to get a coaching job there why can't he get one here?
Old 01-04-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmach1987
sorry to burst your bubble, but spikes, schobel, and mcgee have time left on their contracts, so they are not going anywhere. as for clements and milloy, you can have them if you want, as they didn't cover anybody all year. as for gray, he took a giant step backwards this year. they only lost pat williams to free agency, and spikes to injury this year, so anybody who thinks that the bills suffered on defense because of injuries is mistaken. it was because of a blitz on every play and underachieving players that did the bills in. i should know. i have bills season tickets and suffered through this dissappointing season. congrats on getting bush. he's going to be a star.
I didnt say they were free agents. I meant when ever they are free agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read