Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Not In 2006!!!

TEXANFAN23435

Waterboy
Well we did it, moral victories equal #1 pick. I see this team with about 3+ more victories this season had the first half of the season not gone so bad, read into that statement what you wish but that's the facts. Now that changes are coming, the new regime will need 2-3 years to unscr##w what has been done soooo wrong. Don't laugh at this next statement, but it took J. Glanville's way of thinking and about 2 drafts worth of 1st and 2nd round picks being used on the trenchmen to fix the dam that Bum kicked all sorts of holes in. I like Reggie a lot but he will not be the answer this team needs now. This team has to throw all the previous clay away and start fresh. My 2 cents:

1. Swap the first pick with number 3, 4 or 5, they all would jump at the chance of getting Bush. Take nothing less than this years 2, 3 and next years 1 in return.

2. I like Hawk with our first pick. He's an impact player, now. Remember this is going to be a 2-3 year process, and Hawk offers immediate dividends. With no line and a new system Bush offers no dividends this year or next year, maybe.

3. If the team is ***** bent on a RB, I think DeAngelo Williams could be unbelievable. Maybe we get this guy in round 2 or 3.

4. Start filling the OL and DL holes with the remaining picks. If there is a bigger, faster and more physical WR in the mid rounds, I take a hard look. Johnson needs a better compliment. Crazy as this sounds, I would explore the option of signing Owens. Someone is going to roll the dice. Sign him to a 1 year contract and if he delivers, give him a contract similar to the one the Rockets gave Hakeem, where he is guaranteed to be paid an average salary of the top 3 WR's. Maybe this shuts him up and allows him to concentrate on football.

5. We have enough RB's to move 1 for a decent pick, rounds 3 or 4. If it turns out we can move DD, maybe we're talking a late 1 or early 2.

6. Pick up a vetern OL via free agency. Same goes for DB's.

That's my thoughts. As a true Texan fan we will have to be patient and hope the team has learned from its past errors.

TEXANFAN23435 said:

3. If the team is ***** bent on a RB, I think DeAngelo Williams could be unbelievable. Maybe we get this guy in round 2 or 3.

4. Crazy as this sounds, I would explore the option of signing Owens. Someone is going to roll the dice. Sign him to a 1 year contract and if he delivers, give him a contract similar to the one the Rockets gave Hakeem, where he is guaranteed to be paid an average salary of the top 3 WR's. Maybe this shuts him up and allows him to concentrate on football.

5. We have enough RB's to move 1 for a decent pick, rounds 3 or 4. If it turns out we can move DD, maybe we're talking a late 1 or early 2.

I agree with you for the most part. Only a few points. We don't need a running back, people have just gone mental over Bush, and he happens to be a running back. Owens is a virus, and destroys everything he touches from the inside out. And DD won't won't get anything on the trade block, too much contract cost, too many injuries, and Shaun Alexander (NFL season leading rusher and NFL record holder for most TD's in a season set this past year) couldn't get a first round pick. But overall I agree with you.

DeAngelo won't last past the first round, most likely won't last past the first 10 picks.

We would never sign TO. We don't have the money, AJ is our #1 WR. The Cowgirls, Falcons or Broncos would pickup TO.

As desperate as the Texans are getting, T.O. is a viable options, at least he would bring back fans to the seats. There is no scenario that the TExans can not look at with us having the #1 pick. There are way to many holes on this team that we can't trade down and pick the best available player at that pick, regardless of positions. Trust me, our schedule next year isn't going to any easier, we need to right this ship as soon as possible.

SESupergenius said:
As desperate as the Texans are getting, T.O. is a viable options, at least he would bring back fans to the seats. There is no scenario that the TExans can not look at with us having the #1 pick. There are way to many holes on this team that we can't trade down and pick the best available player at that pick, regardless of positions. Trust me, our schedule next year isn't going to any easier, we need to right this ship as soon as possible.

Do you honestly think Terrel "give me my money" Owens will magically become a great team player? Moreover, do you want to deal with Drew Rosenhaus?

TEXANFAN23435 said:
1. Swap the first pick with number 3, 4 or 5, they all would jump at the chance of getting Bush. Take nothing less than this years 2, 3 and next years 1 in return.......

Swap with number 3???? Number 3 are the Titans. I don't think we want to face Reggie Bush twice a season.

Pick Reggie and be done with it.

I don't agree with the argument that every team would take Bush if they had the #1 pick. There are many that would take Leinart or possibly trade down so don't assume every GM in the NFL is as hell bent on Bush as some people here.

SESupergenius said:
As desperate as the Texans are getting, T.O. is a viable options, at least he would bring back fans to the seats.

I certainly wouldn't be making any effort to go see this stool sample play and I don't know one single person who believes that Terrell Owens is anything but a distraction and a cancer. I know there are people who would welcome him no matter what he did or said just to see the freak play and maybe blow up on somebody.

I'm not going to say I'd go become a Cowboys fan or something like that but I could tune the NFL out again. I did it for 6 years and I could do it again. T.O. is a line I hope the Texans don't cross.

TEXANFAN23435 said:
Well we did it, moral victories equal #1 pick. I see this team with about 3+ more victories this season had the first half of the season not gone so bad, read into that statement what you wish but that's the facts. Now that changes are coming, the new regime will need 2-3 years to unscr##w what has been done soooo wrong. Don't laugh at this next statement, but it took J. Glanville's way of thinking and about 2 drafts worth of 1st and 2nd round picks being used on the trenchmen to fix the dam that Bum kicked all sorts of holes in. I like Reggie a lot but he will not be the answer this team needs now. This team has to throw all the previous clay away and start fresh. My 2 cents:

1. Swap the first pick with number 3, 4 or 5, they all would jump at the chance of getting Bush. Take nothing less than this years 2, 3 and next years 1 in return.

2. I like Hawk with our first pick. He's an impact player, now. Remember this is going to be a 2-3 year process, and Hawk offers immediate dividends. With no line and a new system Bush offers no dividends this year or next year, maybe.

4. Start filling the OL and DL holes with the remaining picks. If there is a bigger, faster and more physical WR in the mid rounds, I take a hard look. Johnson needs a better compliment. Crazy as this sounds, I would explore the option of signing Owens. Someone is going to roll the dice. Sign him to a 1 year contract and if he delivers, give him a contract similar to the one the Rockets gave Hakeem, where he is guaranteed to be paid an average salary of the top 3 WR's. Maybe this shuts him up and allows him to concentrate on football.

6. Pick up a vetern OL via free agency. Same goes for DB's.

That's my thoughts. As a true Texan fan we will have to be patient and hope the team has learned from its past errors.

I appreciate your thoughts but I disagree with some of your ideas.

I do like the idea of trading down and getting AJ Hawk, I just dont like the idea of the Titans getting Bush.

DeAngelo Williams will likely not last to the second round. On the idea of trading one of our backs for picks, while a good idea is not really feasable. Shaun Alexander one of the best backs in the league was not worth a second round pick. As much as I like DD, i gurantee you we will not get a 1st or second for him. We likley would not get a 4th for him to be frank.

Hervoyel said:
I certainly wouldn't be making any effort to go see this stool sample play and I don't know one single person who believes that Terrell Owens is anything but a distraction and a cancer. I know there are people who would welcome him no matter what he did or said just to see the freak play and maybe blow up on somebody.

I'm not going to say I'd go become a Cowboys fan or something like that but I could tune the NFL out again. I did it for 6 years and I could do it again. T.O. is a line I hope the Texans don't cross.
ok you win, I was just getting desperate. And I forgot about Roseh-by-the-house.

awtysst said:
I appreciate your thoughts but I disagree with some of your ideas.

I do like the idea of trading down and getting AJ Hawk, I just dont like the idea of the Titans getting Bush.

DeAngelo Williams will likely not last to the second round. On the idea of trading one of our backs for picks, while a good idea is not really feasable. Shaun Alexander one of the best backs in the league was not worth a second round pick. As much as I like DD, i gurantee you we will not get a 1st or second for him. We likley would not get a 4th for him to be frank.

Alexander was 27 and on the last year of his contract. Any team trading for him would have to resign him or risk losing him to FA. no team thought it would be worth it to risk a 2nd rounder or more for a guy you might only have for one year.

Davis is signed logn term and is 25. he is a much more attractive trade option and could fetch between a late 2nd to early mid 3rd rounder.

Back