Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default One bad mama

Clinton Portis' mom punches out an Eagles fan!

Portis' mom reportedly punches out fan
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 41 minutes ago

Redskins running back Clinton Portis took a beating in a victory over the Eagles on Sunday. But his mother apparently dished one out, according to a report in The Washington Post.

The Post says that in the fourth quarter of the game in Philadelphia, Portis' mom, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis' stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan tossed a beer on the group.

Clinton Portis celebrates with his mother after a win earlier this season. (Jim McIsaac / Getty Images)

Hearn responded by punching the woman in the face.

And that's why Hearn watched part of the game on the Redskins' sideline.

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said.

"I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And (Sunday), whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

In the game, Portis rushed for 112 hard-earned yards to help the Redskins advance to the playoffs, but he reinjured an already sore shoulder and wrist after he was horse-collared in the fourth quarter by Eagles linebacker Trent Cole.

But he remains proud of his mother.

"My mom can protect herself," Portis said

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny. I'm sure there is some video footage of this out there somewhere.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Eagles fans are ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2006   #4
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Jerk fans in general are not bright at all as far as I am concerned. Just like fans that want 'their' team to lose. I'll never understand that one.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #5
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Well just to make you happy, now that we got our #1. I'm back to rooting for the #32 pick . (Not from trades either)
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read