Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2006   #1
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA
Default Williams is out!!

Didn't see it posted but Washington locked him up for a crap load of moolah!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2279000

Last edited by DRAMA; 01-03-2006 at 01:23 PM.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
SESupergenius

I wasn't completely sold on him anyways. I thought that a chance at Wade Phillips would be a better fit.
Old 01-03-2006   #3
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Monte Kiffin!! Defensive Co. of the Tampa Bay Bucs!!
Old 01-03-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Kirk Ferentz!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #5
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA
Didn't see it posted but Washington locked him up for a crap load of moolah!!
Do you have a link, I have not heard this anywhere else.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he wasn't a good fit. Just not sure. He has a good deal there in Washington. He gets paid a ton and will be Gibbs replacement when he retires again. Plus the owner likes to spend money.

I like Cam from San Diego, Ferentz and Kubiak. If you go D coordinator, I think Jerry Gray would be good.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Do you have a link, I have not heard this anywhere else.
I saw it on the ESPN ticker, they signed him for another three years...
Old 01-03-2006   #8
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
I think he wasn't a good fit. Just not sure. He has a good deal there in Washington. He gets paid a ton and will be Gibbs replacement when he retires again. Plus the owner likes to spend money.

I like Cam from San Diego, Ferentz and Kubiak. If you go D coordinator, I think Jerry Gray would be good.
yeah, what he said.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #9
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Gregg Williams is off the market!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5216800

The hottest name on the coaching carousel is officially off the market.

FOXSports.com has learned that Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has signed a record-breaking contract for an assistant to prevent him from interviewing for a head coaching post elsewhere. Sources close to Williams said early Tuesday that Williams agreed to a new three-year deal worth nearly $8 million, well above the financial terms for any coordinator in the NFL.
Williams also agreed not to interview for any head coaching openings this off-season but, according to the source, it doesn't preclude him from taking a gig next year. The source also said that the biggest overriding factor was the fact that his family loves living in the Washington, D.C. area and were ecstatic with the new deal.

Williams was a top candidate in Minnesota, St. Louis and Kansas City, although the Chiefs are expected to hire Jets head coach Herm Edwards.

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #10
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

not Surprising. The Texans will hopefully one day be able to keep great coaches here without them wanting to run to another team.
Old 01-03-2006   #11
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

oops i think someone posted this already...my bad

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not so much that I wanted Greg Williams to come here and coach. It's more a case where now there's one less prospect on the market and so our guy (whoever he is) just got a wee bit harder to find.
Old 01-03-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

3 years and 8 mill. I look for our HC to be 4 years and 10-12 Mill.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Monte Kiffin!! Defensive Co. of the Tampa Bay Bucs!!
Um, the Tampa Bay defense has declined a bit.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #15
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

greg williams took the approach to be the next coach of the Washington Redskins. Gibbs has one maybe two years left and then Williams will take over. With guys he knows and has played with.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read