Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2006   #1
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where we should be next year this time??

So we went from 7-9 to 2-14.. Where do you think we should be at next year. If done correctly I think we could have a fast rebound to 8-8.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This time next year? 16-0 and heading into our first round bye of course!

The 49ers game is over. Our long collective nightmare has ended. In fact as it was ending I was counting down...

"Hope returns in 4...3...2...1"
Old 01-03-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

12-4 ofcourse!! :=)
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

"Hope returns in 4...3...2...1"
And then Overtime!!.. fooled
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #5
Reggie_2006
Rookie

I think we will finish 10-6 and get the wild card spot.I think it might take a year or two to get to the confrence championship or maybe the SB.I think we will upset NE and colts(one of the games) I feel like we will be a refreshed team and we will see a todallly diffrent team out there next season.( not meaning players but the way there gonna play)
Reggie_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm assuming we'll get good coaching; this includes not only the HC and coordinators but also good position coaches especially at QB and the line for offense. Using a former OC as the o-line coach won't cut it this time around; we need a real line coach who can develop good schemes, refine the talent we have, and teach the line to play together. At QB Carr has a few problems that I think (and hope) can be solved by having a good coach that can address the problems directly rather than by crippling the offense to get around them.

Given that on both sides of the ball? 8-8.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
And then Overtime!!.. fooled
Oh yeah, don't think that didn't tick me off too! It's like they're trying to kill my soul or something.
Old 01-03-2006   #8
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Anything is possible in the NFL, I'm working on a list of teams that have made a big (good or bad) turnaround in a single season and trying to figure out what key events (if any) led to those turnarounds, I'll be posting it later today once I get home from work and have more time to put it together.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #9
Snapple
Veteran

Every fan of every team is probably thinking that next year, they're going to have a much better season, which is impossible, but there's always hope. I'll go with 16-0, great. If we go 12-4, great. Actually, if we get at least 5 wins, I'll probably be happy.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #10
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I will wait till Morks Turnaround post comes out then make my decision tomorrow after some research.
Old 01-03-2006   #11
djkennedy101
Rookie

If they Hire Kubiak as HC....Draft Reggie and get a few decent O-lineman....8-8...maybe...9-7...the year after... 10-6 or 11-5 Definatly playoff bound...
Old 01-03-2006   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

We should all be on the message boards this time next year discussing the improved Texans.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #13
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If they get a good head coach, position coaches, and coordinators. Then I say 7-9 or 8-8. If we get Reggie Bush along with those coaches then 8-8 or 9-7. If we get good picks after Bush and with those coaches I'd say 10-6 or dare I say it 11-5 and our the Texans names mentioned in playoff contention. Don't really matter to me what happens next season though, because the nightmare is over.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say, no matter what happens this offseason, expecting any more than 5 wins . . . falls under the category of 'unrealistic expectations'.

But, by all means . . don't let that stop you.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #15
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

I think that at this time next year a .500 season would be a great way to end up. More than 8 wins would be a bonus in my opinion.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #16
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Wait and See

I think we can expect to move towards mediocrity next year. I project somwhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

A lot depends on who is hired as HC. If we hire Kubiak, draft Bush, improve the O-line, or offense could be drastically better - possibly around the top 10 in the league.

If we switch defensive schemes it could get a little dicey. I am not sure there is enough draft picks and $$$ to go around to improve our offense and defense if completely chaning schemes.

Thus, my ultimate answer right now is undetermined. I will re-evaluate following the draft, by this time we should have our new coach, scheme, and free agent acquisitions.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #17
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Hopefully, we'll be talking how many of us are going to the Texans' first home playoff game in the upcoming week or next.

More realistically, do see the Texans recording their first winning season.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #18
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

At this time last year I said we should be sitting at around 9-7 next season. So now I'll say we'll be at 3-13 at the end of the year in hopes of getting the best of superstition.
Old 01-03-2006   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
Every fan of every team is probably thinking that next year, they're going to have a much better season, which is impossible, but there's always hope. I'll go with 16-0, great. If we go 12-4, great. Actually, if we get at least 5 wins, I'll probably be happy.
Wait a second, how is a much better season "impossible"?

I find it hard to believe that next year can't get "much better". If we win 4 games we've doubled our win total from this year! If we match our 2004 record then we will have won 5 more games than this year!

I think we're around .500 next season if we can hire a decent coach and he can attract a good staff. I believe that's possible no matter which way we go in the offseason. The guys who just got run out of here almost went .500 with this same basic group in 2004. Think of what a real coaching staff could have done with these guys.
Old 01-03-2006   #20
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple

there ya go.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read