Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-03-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Norv Turner next?

ESPN has been saying all morning that supposedly Norv Turner is going to be canned, that he already has his desk cleaned out, and he is just waiting on the word from Al Davis...
Old 01-03-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I hope we don't even consider that guy.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Norv Turner is a proven OC, and that would be the only job I would hire him for. I think Cam Cameron or a hot defensive coaching prospect would be tops on Al Davis's list.
Old 01-03-2006   #4
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Norv Turner is NOT on our HC radar. He may be on our radar for OC.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Norv Turner to get anywhere near our team. I know he was a very good OC back in the "long ago time" but he's been in a couple of HC jobs since then and he has the wretched stink of a loser all over him now.

Norv Turner? What? Chuck Studley wasn't available?
Old 01-10-2006   #6
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I don't want Norv Turner to get anywhere near our team. I know he was a very good OC back in the "long ago time" but he's been in a couple of HC jobs since then and he has the wretched stink of a loser all over him now.

Hervoyel has the bestest avatar. Are you kidding me? Classic!!!
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Norv Turner? What? Chuck Studley wasn't
available?
You are on a roll today Herv!
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've got to agree with this sentiment. I don't want a retread for our HC. I'm sure the dude is a nice guy and all, but I want to see a coordinator with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I've got to agree with this sentiment. I don't want a retread for our HC. I'm sure the dude is a nice guy and all, but I want to see a coordinator with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.
If we do get a retread at least find one that's won something, sometime. Hell even Dom Capers won for one season in Carolina. I'd hate to think that we sent Dom packing and then took a step down and hired Norv Turner.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not see a problem having an accomplished OC, who has plenty of bad HC experience, come in and OC for a first time HC. Chemistry between our new HC and Norv would be another story.
Old 01-11-2006   #11
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I do not see a problem having an accomplished OC, who has plenty of bad HC experience, come in and OC for a first time HC. Chemistry between our new HC and Norv would be another story.
Bill Billichek had a few failures in his first couple of trying as a HC didn't he?

I love Norm. He was the OC for arguably the most dominating offensive team ever - The Cowboys of the 90's. I don't know that he will ever have success as a HC though.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we do get a retread at least find one that's won something, sometime. Hell even Dom Capers won for one season in Carolina. I'd hate to think that we sent Dom packing and then took a step down and hired Norv Turner.

If I remember right Norv's Redskins teams did go to the playoffs and maybe even won a playoff game or two....He had a few winning seasons there.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
If I remember right Norv's Redskins teams did go to the playoffs and maybe even won a playoff game or two....He had a few winning seasons there.
Redskins?.....Casserly!!
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read