Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Fade to Black" Story and the Picture that Brings it Home

On the front page of the main board (houstontexans.com) there is a picture that flashes up when the story "Fade to Black" comes up as the "Main Story".

We tend to look at this sport as merely a game, and often times forget that the men under the headsets and the helmets are human beings. The picture of Capers on the front page shows a very vulnerable man, who even though stood on the sideline with his mouth wide-open showing no emotions, obviously lived and died with this team, and gave every ounce of himself to us.

I appreciate everything he did for this team, and he will forever be apart of Houston Texans history. I don't know if he coined the phrase, but "1, 2, 3, Texans Pride" will always be echoed in my mind by Dom Capers.

1, 2, 3, Texans Pride!

Last edited by Texans Pride; 01-02-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #2
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont you just want to hug the poor guy?

rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
touttail
All Pro

I do admire Dom for not giving up. He knew down inside that he was gone and never once got an attitude, "the hell with it"! He coached to the very end, even though he wasn't successful, he had class through out!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are saying he coached hard now, but just a few weeks ago people were clamoring that we were throwing games. This is a business, and Im sorry if people get hurt by it, but Capers has already made more $$$$ than I will ever see in my entire life, and has produced nothing but frustration and losses. He is a poor expansion team HC. He has failed multiple times now, and as a result, he will go back to his strengths and succeed. I don't feel sorry for him at all, in fact, this is a blessing in disguise to him.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #5
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
You are saying he coached hard now, but just a few weeks ago people were clamoring that we were throwing games. This is a business, and Im sorry if people get hurt by it, but Capers has already made more $$$$ than I will ever see in my entire life, and has produced nothing but frustration and losses. He is a poor expansion team HC. He has failed multiple times now, and as a result, he will go back to his strengths and succeed. I don't feel sorry for him at all, in fact, this is a blessing in disguise to him.
Wow, why don't you throw some sand in his eyes, kick him while he's on his knees, and spit on him before you walk away. . .

It's just football
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least his mouth is closed in that picture.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He finally learned how to keep his jaw up.

That always bothered me.

***El Tejano beat me to it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read