Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb GET BUSH, or else................

YOU KNOW WHO HAS THE THIRD PICK (TENNESSEE) AND WE WILL BE FEELING HIS WRATH FOR THE NEXT DECADE!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Wow, never thought about it that way.... yeah, that would suck.

Good arguement. Oh, and welcome to the board, this most likely will move to the draft forum soon.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
HOOK'EM
Veteran

OK Thanks.
Old 01-02-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Get Bush, trade bush, and get more draft picks for the other 38 holes we need to fill (Running back not being one of them)

Tennesse is not the Oilers, turn the page!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #5
HOOK'EM
Veteran

OK get Reggie, trade DD!
Old 01-02-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
Get Bush, trade bush, and get more draft picks for the other 38 holes we need to fill (Running back not being one of them)

I would think that by now the Texans should have made it clear that they don't think they need all those draft picks that the rights to Reggie Bush would get us. Look at what's happening. Capers and his staff are out the door and Dan Reeves has endorsed the job that Charlie Casserly has done. They believe that the team has talent, the coaching stunk, and Pitts is the answer at LT.

Dan Reeves said it, Charlie Casserly promptly agreed with him, and Bob McNair believed it. Now they're going to go back to Bob and tell him that the "Next Gayle Sayers" isn't going to be playing for him because the team is full of holes and the 7 picks we have in this draft won't be enough to correct things? They're going to tell him that Charlie is going to have to "Do some wheelin-n-dealin with that pick that represents the greatest running back to ever live (or some such hype)? Casserly is going to do that with the memory of Phillip Buchanon fresh in Bob's memory?

I know you all read the interview in the Chronic where McNair basically hung Casserly out to dry over that. If you think that Bob is now thinking that was no big deal then you're mistaken. He thinks Casserly has done more right than wrong but he knows damned well that Casserly can waste some picks if given half a chance. You think he's going to give him this one?

Bush declares and he's a Texan. Not a doubt in my mind.

Whether they're right or wrong at this point makes no difference. The Texans don't think they're that hard up for talent and they're not going to pass on this (supposedly) once in a lifetime talent with the top pick in the draft. I personally want to see them select him but even if I didn't I'd still have to conceed that in all likelyhood the only thing that can keep the Texans from selecting him is injury in the Rose Bowl.
Old 01-02-2006   #7
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default I agree... DRAFT REGGIE!!!

I agree with you 100%!!! We need to draft Reggie Bush and KEEP HIM!

Anyone saying that we should trade the #1 pick, or draft Reggie and then trade him is an !d!0t

I would rather draft Reggie and trade Dominic Davis (although I would prefer to have Reggie and DD).

I think everyone would agree that if you have a chance to draft a special/rare player like Reggie Bush then you DO IT! Reggie Bush will end up being the premier running back in the NFL. If we don't draft him we will be kicking ourselves for a very long time.

To make a comparison to basketball... passing on Reggie Bush would be like passing on a Michael Jordan caliber player.

Reggie Bush is a DIFFERENCE MAKER!
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:

I could not agree with you more.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTexan
I agree with you 100%!!! We need to draft Reggie Bush and KEEP HIM!

Anyone saying that we should trade the #1 pick, or draft Reggie and then trade him is an !d!0t

I would rather draft Reggie and trade Dominic Davis (although I would prefer to have Reggie and DD).

I think everyone would agree that if you have a chance to draft a special/rare player like Reggie Bush then you DO IT! Reggie Bush will end up being the premier running back in the NFL. If we don't draft him we will be kicking ourselves for a very long time.

To make a comparison to basketball... passing on Reggie Bush would be like passing on a Michael Jordan caliber player.

Reggie Bush is a DIFFERENCE MAKER!

Was Barry Sanders Special?
Hell yes he was.
Did Detroit ever amount to anything?
No
One guy will not fix Houston's problem's no matter how godly people think he could be.
Reggie is a awesome College player. No one can know what the NFL has awaiting him. He could get hurt in training camp and thats all she wrote.
Gale sayers was great, then he got hurt and he lost his super human powers.
Chicago was pretty good when he played but I don't remember them winning the Superbowl.

I think that the Texans can get a very good group of players If they give up Mr. Bush. I think that they would have an imediate impact in many of the Texans weak areas.
zeplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No sence in spoon feeding them either. Oh wait Cass is still the GM. Maybe we trade Bush and our second and one third to the Tittans for Pacman Jones.
TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #11
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

The basketball comparison is stupid. In basketball you have 5 players playing defense and offense. In football you have 22 Starters. 5 vs. 22, do the math. But IF we can get colledge(LT) or someone similar in the 2nd I dont disagree with the bush pick.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeplin
Was Barry Sanders Special?
Hell yes he was.
Did Detroit ever amount to anything?
No
One guy will not fix Houston's problem's no matter how godly people think he could be.
Reggie is a awesome College player. No one can know what the NFL has awaiting him. He could get hurt in training camp and thats all she wrote.
Gale sayers was great then he got hurt and he lost his superhuman powers.
Chicago was pretty good when he played but I don't remember them winning the Superbowl.
If this was Slashdot I'd moderate this post "-1 Offtopic" because what Barry Sanders did or didn't do with the Detroit Lions (or Gayle Sayers with the Bears) has absolutely nothing to do with the decision the Texans have to make regarding what to do with the first pick of the draft.

The Lions fail to win a Super Bowl while Barry Sanders is playing for them and you blame Barry Sanders? Gayle Sayers was great but he got hurt and they didn't go to a Super Bowl so you say "Don't draft someone like Gayle Sayers"?

If Emmitt Smith had torn his knee up (hell, make it both knees) and finished his career with 2,000 yards in a little under two seasons you probably would be saying that he was a lousy pick too. They were really bad back then, they should have traded him for picks right? If the Cowboys had drafted him and then completely failed year after year to build a good team around him you would probably be saying it was his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeplin
I think that the Texans can get a very good group of players If they give up Mr. Bush. I think that they would have an imediate impact in many of the Texans weak areas.
Well, they don't appear to be thinking that. They appear to me to be thinking that Reggie Bush is going to look mighty sweet in a Texans uniform next season. Maybe it's all a ruse to try and bring on the big trade but I don't think so.

They don't appear to me to believe that they have a big talent problem so why give up Reggie Bush to address it if you don't think it's there to begin with?
Old 01-02-2006   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same owner, different name! THAT'S all! They are one and the same as long as Bud Adams owns that team. Live with it!! Quit trying to deny it!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think trading down to stockpile picks is really a big necessity. Even if we take Bush #1, we still have the 1st pick in rounds 2 and 3, and the Saints 3rd rounder (2nd pick in round 3 right?).
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oilers or not, the fact is that TEN is in our division, and I'd hate to have to play against Bush twice a year. Same goes for IND and JAX, it has nothing to do with the Oilers.
Old 01-02-2006   #16
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Oilers or not, the fact is that TEN is in our division, and I'd hate to have to play against Bush twice a year. Same goes for IND and JAX, it has nothing to do with the Oilers.
I don't get it, what does Tennessee have to do with our first pick and Reggie Bush?? The only way that Tennessee would have a chance of getting Bush is if they traded up with us to get him. Most likely, if there is a trade, it would be to another team wanting to jump ahead to make sure they get Bush. We don't need Bush, we need O-Linemen. McNair knows this, so I don't think he would have any problem at all with trading Bush away for more picks. However, if we can't do a trade, we almost have to draft Bush. We can't just let him go to another team for free. If we do get Bush and keep him, we are pretty much writing off Morrency and Wells. With DD's contract, he doesn't really have much trade value, so trading DD is out of the question. I also have a sinking feeling that if the Texans do take Bush and keep him, there will be a lot of resentment by the current Texans players.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #17
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

i agree here why would we want reggie when we know for a fact that dom davis can carry the load all season he never misses any games besides game breakers are over-rated.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a deep OL draft, though. (for those saying the Texans need OL). With 4 of the 1st 66 picks, the Texans can improve their line with guys like Mangold from Ohio State and Jean-Gilles from Georgia without giving up a player of Bush's caliber. The Texans don't need the best OL in the world. They need more talent and at least one of those guys would be available with pick #33 and would immediately upgrade the line. There is no guarantee on a high OL draft pick just as there is no guarantee on Bush being the best player to ever step on a football field. (at least that's what the hype makes us believe). If the Texans can grab 2 solid linemen in the 1st 3 rounds they will be in much better shape.
Old 01-03-2006   #19
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
I don't get it, what does Tennessee have to do with our first pick and Reggie Bush??
The original poster was saying that if we pass on Bush at #1 there's a good chance he would be drafted by Tennessee at #3.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there's no way we would pass on Bush and draft someone else #1. If the Texans didnt want Bush they would trade down with someone who would draft Bush at #1. So the only way it would be TEN would get Bush is if we trade with them. I see your point now vtech.
Old 01-03-2006   #20
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Wow, never thought about it that way.... yeah, that would suck.

Good arguement. Oh, and welcome to the board, this most likely will move to the draft forum soon.
It is now the offseason for us. Pretty much everything is going to be draft talk at this point.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read