Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pac Man Jones.. hmm

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../1106/SPORTS01

Quote:
Fisher has to eradicate that type of selfishness, where players put themselves ahead of the team. He has to start with Pacman Jones, the No. 6 draft pick who has become poison in the locker room. His lack of self-control reared its ugly head again in what has become an all too frequent occurrence.

Jones was slapped with a second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty as he was confronting an official during a timeout (Do you notice how nothing is ever Pacman's fault? It's always someone else, never Pacman).

Fisher had seen enough. He told Jones his day was over.

"I took him out. This is a team game, not an individual game,'' Fisher said. "The penalties back-to-back were selfish and I'm not going to stand for it.''

As Fisher told Jones to take a seat, the rookie seemed combative, running his mouth and pointing at the coach several times.

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth tried to talk to Jones on the bench, but it was apparent Jones wasn't buying anything Haynesworth was selling. A defiant Jones tried to walk away. Haynesworth grabbed him and continued the conversation
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

That picture of Haynesworth grabbing Pacman by the pads just screams for a caption contest!

disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

I smell bust written all over this dude.
Old 01-02-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-03-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Are we sure that Pac Man didn't go to University of Miami?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

99% of the time I see Pacman Jones on TV, it's on the wrong end of a highlight film, getting burned by a receiver. The only thing he's done halfway decently for the Titans is return kicks. I know he's just a rookie, but he's just shown absolutely no promise from what I can see. He can't tackle, can't outsmart a receiver, gets in trouble with the law, and is insubordinate with the team. The only thing he has going for him is his speed.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
I smell bust written all over this dude.
No .... he's not a bust .... maybe a selfish lil punk but the guy can play CB ... just hope he tears up the Titanics like TO did the Eagles .... ROLF

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2006   #8
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

When he finally scored his first TD (after 2 or 3 were called back on penalties) he gave the ball to Jeff Fisher.

Slanted writing isn't gonna convice me this kid is all bad. He's still gonna be a good corner in this league.
Old 01-03-2006   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
99% of the time I see Pacman Jones on TV, it's on the wrong end of a highlight film, getting burned by a receiver. The only thing he's done halfway decently for the Titans is return kicks. I know he's just a rookie, but he's just shown absolutely no promise from what I can see. He can't tackle, can't outsmart a receiver, gets in trouble with the law, and is insubordinate with the team. The only thing he has going for him is his speed.

Sounds like PBuch, but atleast PBuch isn't getting in trouble with the law.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #10
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

He's from Georgia so pretty dang close. He's spewing of arrogance that's for dang sure.

I mean didn't he get arrested shortly after the draft for a fight in a club?
Old 01-03-2006   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Pacman went to West Virginia.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #12
Holden135
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
He's from Georgia so pretty dang close. He's spewing of arrogance that's for dang sure.

I mean didn't he get arrested shortly after the draft for a fight in a club?
Wrong he went to West Virginia. I had an old friend from high school that played with him there. My buddy said he was nothing but a thug.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Now, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said yesterday, it's time for Jones to do something for himself and the organization.

"He has a lot to learn and it is his job now, to learn,'' Fisher said. "We have stuck our hand out. I have, his teammates have, and the organization has. We have extended him a hand, a helping hand, and now he has to take over and be a pro and do it himself.''
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...601030342/1027
Old 01-03-2006   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I thought Pacman went to West Virginia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
Wrong he went to West Virginia. I had an old friend from high school that played with him there. My buddy said he was nothing but a thug.
From NFL.com

Hometown: College Park, Ga.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Westlake (Atlanta, Ga.) High School, playing football for coach Dallas Allen Totaled 120 tackles, six interceptions and 1,850 yards rushing as a senior Selected conference Player of the Year and was a member of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Class 4A All-State Team Played in the Georgia-Florida All-Star Game Earned All-America honors in basketball.

PERSONAL
Athletic Coaching Education major Member of the Athletic Director's Academic Honor Roll Son of Debra Jones Born Sept. 30, 1983 Resides in College Park, Ga.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read