Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fisher's fate is drawing speculation

This is one coach I would like to see here but I doubt Bud is letting him go and won't say

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....511130407/1027

Quote:
I don't pay any attention to that. I've never worried about next year or about job security or anything like that,'' Fisher said. "I'm just concentrating on the task at hand, doing whatever it takes week to week to help us win more football games.''

Titans owner Bud Adams declined a request to be interviewed for this story and others about the state of the franchise, but there is no indication he has any plans to make a coaching change.

As part of a statement released by the Titans, Adams said, "I don't feel like it is really fair to comment on this season until it plays out in its entirety.''

Fisher's contract runs through the 2006 season and is believed to include a team option for 2007. He makes approximately $5 million per year.

Although details of his last contract extension in 2003 were not revealed, it is believed the team would be obligated to pay him $5 million if he is fired after this season and is unable to land another job.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

$5 million a year? Not that he's not worth it but I'm really surprised Bud pays him that much.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Maybe he can coach here, bring Norm Chow with him, and we can reunite Norm and Reggie.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #4
Jack Bauer
All Pro

If he is fired, Fisher would instantly go to the top of my coaching wish list.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
I think he would go to the top of everyone's list.
Old 01-03-2006   #6
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I think he would go to the top of everyone's list.
Agreed. He is the type of coach that I like for my team!
Old 01-03-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Please let him be fired. Things changed in Houston when this guy started coaching us. We started beating Pittsburgh.

Oh and by the way, if Fisher goes Bud is going to make Norm Chow the man.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
No doubt about it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Fisher is truly a class act, and he's very popular among Titans fans. I doubt Bud makes the decision to let him go at this point, although I'd love to see him as Texans HC.
Old 01-04-2006   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes I agree. Bud probably realizes what a good coach he has in Coach Fisher.

I believe the Titans pick third this year too. So if they draft well and I presume they will get a very good player they'll be plugging in some holes they had this year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Fisher is truly a class act, and he's very popular among Titans fans. I doubt Bud makes the decision to let him go at this point, although I'd love to see him as Texans HC.
Unfortunately for us, Bud is a little smarter nowadays. He fired Bum even though most Oiler fans thought he was a football god.
Old 01-07-2006   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

So is all this stuff about Fisher just rumor at this point? I heard on the NFL Network earlier in the week that Fisher was not happy in Tenn. because of the cap problems and lack of talent. Now I am reading a thread over at the tacks board where someone posted that Mortensen reported on ESPN that rumor is now that us and the Rams are after Fisher.
Old 01-07-2006   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=16795

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read