Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default If Gary Kubiak is new coach then...?

then does that mean no Bush? Cause I don't recall him using a 1st round RB for any of those 1000 yard seasons.
Old 01-02-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

That is Shanahan not Kubiak. Shanahan is known for his arrogance of being able to plug people into his system. Remember him picking Maurice Clarrett in the third round? Nobody will pass on Bush
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

except a team that doesnt need him like houston
Old 01-02-2006   #4
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I hope your right, but still if we get Kubiak won't he have a similar system to Shanahan since he was his HC?
Old 01-02-2006   #5
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
except a team that doesnt need him like houston
Getting compensated for him and passing on him are not the same things.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

if kubiak wants a system simillar to denver's, we will ever see Bush and DD or DD and Wells getting alot of carries. WE might see Bush get a role simmillar to Tatum Bell in the running game, plus Punt return and action as a wide receiver. If we dont go with Bush, then DD will be the primary back and wells will get a lot more carries then he gets as a #2 back this season, not a bad thing...
Old 01-02-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I hope your right, but still if we get Kubiak won't he have a similar system to Shanahan since he was his HC?
We would likely have a similar offensive system as Denver, which I could not complain about. It sure will be a lot better than the high school system he had been running. BTW your logo is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog
Getting compensated for him and passing on him are not the same things.
Very good point, as some of us have been saying in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
if kubiak wants a system simillar to denver's, we will ever see Bush and DD or DD and Wells getting alot of carries. WE might see Bush get a role simmillar to Tatum Bell in the running game, plus Punt return and action as a wide receiver. If we dont go with Bush, then DD will be the primary back and wells will get a lot more carries then he gets as a #2 back this season, not a bad thing...
Agreed
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

well i agree with that, playing hardball with a few teams to get a better deal done.

im just against keeping him to play for us and replace our own back who just got a new deal
Old 01-02-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa

He may have a similar system, but does not mean they are the same. Kubiak may believe that having both Davis and Bush in his system will give them the best running attack in the league. He also might not have a say in it. I really have a hard time believing that McNair will let someone else take Bush when he has him right now.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
trutexan67
Rookie

I think Vernand M, is a real good back, if he was in a denver offense he would be a pro bowl back....
trutexan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

if my mama was in denver she'd be a pro bowl back. You're going to make VM a pro bowler based off of what?
Old 01-02-2006   #12
trutexan67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
if my mama was in denver she'd be a pro bowl back. You're going to make VM a pro bowler based off of what?
If he had the opportunity to play he would be a good back is all i'm saying.
trutexan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If you were Kubiak, and McNair offers you the job with the idea of having DD, Bush, Wells, and Morency in the backfield....how do you turn down the job? No other team with HC vacancies has the kind of backfield we have.

Minnesota? No backfield to speak of. Just a bunch of No. 2's pretending to be No. 1.

Same in Green Bay.

Same in N.O., and I don't care what you say about McCallister. Who is it after that? Antowaine Smith? Pffttt...

K.C. is the MOST attractive HC locale outside of Reliant Stadium. They have a pretty good football team, IMO.

I like our chances of getting Kubiak. And I don't necessarily think that Kubiak would want more than DD, Wells, and Morency. I think Kubiak might surprise us all and go conventional wisdom with a stud OL.

I think this will go down as one of the most intriguing offseasons in NFL history. There's going to be a LOT of player movement even before the draft, IMO.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
AUSTexan
Rookie

FYI...

I was just curious from this thread about the composition of Denver's o-line to indicate what Kubiak might do...

Denver's current o-line has one mid-late 1st round draft pick playing... the rest are from 3rd, 4th, 5th, FA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
59 Whitley, Taylor G 6' 4" 290 02/21/80 Texas A&M FA-'05
50 Hamilton, Ben G/C 6' 4" 283 08/18/77 Minnesota D4a-'01
62 Myers, Chris G/C 6' 5" 300 09/15/81 Miami D6-'05
65 Carlisle, Cooper G/T 6' 5" 295 08/11/77 Florida D4b-'00
74 Green, Cornell T 6' 6" 315 08/25/76 Central Florida UFA(TB)-'04
72 Foster, George T 6' 5" 338 06/09/80 Georgia D1-'03
78 Lepsis, Matt T 6' 4" 290 01/13/74 Colorado CFA-'97
66 Nalen, Tom C 6' 3" 286 05/13/71 Boston College D7c-94
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying this says anything about our first/second round picks this year, but I thought it was interesting and that you guys might like a look (though I admit to being in the Bush camp unless a mighty offer is placed on the table).

source: www.denverbroncos.com

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&sort=Position
AUSTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

come on.. we have the best backfield out of the coaching vacancies? When healthy, Vikings..... Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams, Mewelde Moore, Michael Bennet... morency or wells will be gone, with Bush in the mix.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

On ESPN, said that Texans want permission to talk to Kubiak!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #17
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Morency backing up Bush in the future, DD is too injury prone and will either be shopped around or cut because of his salary....Morency is cheaper.

And McNair will make the final call on Bush, no way he lets the new coach pass up on a player that will affect attendance in the immediate future.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
If you were Kubiak, and McNair offers you the job with the idea of having DD, Bush, Wells, and Morency in the backfield....how do you turn down the job? No other team with HC vacancies has the kind of backfield we have.

Minnesota? No backfield to speak of. Just a bunch of No. 2's pretending to be No. 1.

Same in Green Bay.

Same in N.O., and I don't care what you say about McCallister. Who is it after that? Antowaine Smith? Pffttt...

K.C. is the MOST attractive HC locale outside of Reliant Stadium. They have a pretty good football team, IMO.

I like our chances of getting Kubiak. And I don't necessarily think that Kubiak would want more than DD, Wells, and Morency. I think Kubiak might surprise us all and go conventional wisdom with a stud OL.

I think this will go down as one of the most intriguing offseasons in NFL history. There's going to be a LOT of player movement even before the draft, IMO.
I think KC already has their new head coach. I believe they will promote Al Saunders to replace Vermeil.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Exclamation Just Do It

Iam ready to order my authentic #25 Reggie Bush jersey right now!.............................I can hear it now..............Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan67
I think Vernand M, is a real good back, if he was in a denver offense he would be a pro bowl back....

They make ron dayne look like the second coming of OJ Morency would look like gayle sayers.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read