Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default McNair heading to Denver

Nfl Network said that Mike Shanahan told reporters that Bob McNair was on his way to Denver to interview Gary Kubiak. Adam Shefter said that he is the favorite for the head coaching job.

Don't know if this has been posted yet.
Old 01-02-2006   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I friggin PREDICTED it.

I said yesterday that Mcnair would fire Capers and then be on a plane to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
Nfl Network said that Mike Shanahan told reporters that Bob McNair was on his way to Denver to interview Gary Kubiak. Adam Shefter said that he is the favorite for the head coaching job.

Don's know if this has benn posted yet.
Only specualtion until now...
Old 01-02-2006   #4
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I thought I just heard that McNair was scheduled to speek after Capers... If he's heading to Denver then he's doing his press confrence via video phone.
Old 01-02-2006   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I thought I just heard that McNair was scheduled to speek after Capers... If he's heading to Denver then he's doing his press confrence via video phone.
Don't kill the messenger buddy!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair probably has a limo waiting for him outside to take him to the airport after the press conference.
Old 01-02-2006   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Can Kubiak be interviewed while the Broncos are in the playoffs?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 33 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Only during their bye week and with permission from the Broncos.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only durning the bye week or after their team has been elminiated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I read somewhere, I think on here, it can be done before before their first playoff game.
Old 01-02-2006   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

According to some other thread, NFL rules allow playoff teams with a bye week to be interviewed.
Old 01-02-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I friggin PREDICTED it.

I said yesterday that Mcnair would fire Capers and then be on a plane to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.
quick, what numbers did you pick for the lottery?
Old 01-02-2006   #13
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

only durring the bye-week so he has a very small window (this is assumeing denver grants permission).

it would make sense to contact kubiak now or within the day if he is infact the "favorite" for the job.

does he have an intrest in the job?

what are his monetary expectations?

what kind of vision does he have for the team?

who does he consider potential oc's and dc's etc...

and then measure it against the other candidates. i assume if mcnair will be heading to denver he'll be headed to chicago as well (ron rivera). who else has a bye?
Old 01-02-2006   #14
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Will all of the new HC openings, I think it makes perfect sense for McNair to interview as many candidates as possible this week. We need to get a head start...
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
Will all of the new HC openings, I think it makes perfect sense for McNair to interview as many candidates as possible this week. We need to get a head start...
Everyone else is doing the same doing, looking to get their guy before anyone else interviews him and possibly offers him a better deal. Its an arms race. Get your guy now, or have your 3rd or 4th choice coaching your team for the next 4+ years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do any of you guys ever READ these threads before posting? Geeeezzzz!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #17
BEERnBBQ
Veteran

Texans will interview Kubiak for opening

Associated Press
Posted: 10 minutes ago

DENVER (AP) - Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak will be interviewed by Texans owner Bob McNair later this week about replacing Dom Capers.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan said McNair contacted him Monday and planned a trip to Denver later this week. The Broncos have a bye week. NFL rules allow assistants of playoff teams in their bye week to be interviewed once by teams looking for coaches.
Shanahan also said he has received preliminary contact from another team he did not want to identify until they make an official request to talk to Kubiak.

Kubiak has been Shanahan's offensive coordinator since 1995 and has overseen one of the most productive offenses in the league. He was a prime head-coaching candidate when the Broncos won their two Super Bowls, in 1997 and '98, although his name hasn't come up as much recently.

He's hot again, though, thanks to Denver's 13-3 record and an offense ranked fifth in the NFL.

So far, there are openings in Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans, Green Bay and St. Louis.

"If they're smart, he'll get one of those jobs," Shanahan said. "I'm just hoping they're not smart enough to hire him."

Kubiak was not immediately available for comment.
BEERnBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #18
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out the first sentence of the Chron article regarding Kubiak:

"Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak will be interviewed by Texans owner Bob McNair later this week about replacing Dom Capers."

Doesn't the GM usually do the interviewing/hiring? Has Charley been emasculated? I think we're seeing a new Bob McNair. Perhaps a more humble version of Jerry Jones?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic
Check out the first sentence of the Chron article regarding Kubiak:

"Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak will be interviewed by Texans owner Bob McNair later this week about replacing Dom Capers."

Doesn't the GM usually do the interviewing/hiring? Has Charley been emasculated? I think we're seeing a new Bob McNair. Perhaps a more humble version of Jerry Jones?
No, I think his minority shareholders are holding him responsible. He said in the press conference he was going to make the decision with input from Reeves and Casserly. But, he would ultimately be the final decision maker.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Yeah, I think he's on GM probation.

It's nice to see the owner taking charge. That move has made me relax a lot, especially since I had posted earlier this season that I had my doubts McNair could get his hands on this team and wrestle it from despair.

I've liked what I've seen, that's for sure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read