Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who will be the Starting fullback???

Spider_20

Practice Squad
Who will be the texans startin fullback they have 3 good choices

Moran-the best blockin fullback on the team without a doubt has recieving problems.

Baxter-Good reciever not a great blocker fast was a running back at New Mexico

and if they decide to put wells at fullback he may have a chance to start eventually if he shows if he can block cause he is big for a halfback 6'1 252lbs.
and he would be good for short yardage situations.

Norris will probably start but I still see Baxter on the roster. Wells just isnt physical enough to be a FB. And for short yardage situations, I see Baxter being the goal line back, he was a very good RB in college.

I see Hollings, Davis, Norris and Baxter after the final cut but Anderson could bump Baxter out....

Wells will make the final squad. Capers is very pleased with his approach this summer and he's a very good special teamer.

hook'em07carter said:
The texans liked to run ace back wit 2 TE's so we myte not need to use the fullback alot
They do run the ace formation a lot, but I think they run 3 WR sets a little more. But even if you dont use FBs a lot you still need a good lead blocking FB on the roster...

No doubt Moran norris will start @ FB. Chris Palmer doesn't like involving FBs in his passing game. So Baxter or any other HB cant take away his job b/c simply hes the best by a significant margin in blocking.

I also see Wells making the team on Special Teams. So it will be Davis, Hollings, Norris, Wells, Baxter. Baxter could lose his job to jason Anderson. But i'm not sure if the Texans would keep 2 FBs and since baxter could lose the job of short-yardage rushing to Wells he might as well may not make the team.

I think Moran Norris earned the starting job with his excellent play last season. However, I still think we'll find a job for Baxter to do at some point this year.

Baxter will definitely make the team because the Texans won't go into the season with only one fullback. He is also a special teams contributor and ultimately I think he will be the teams best short yardage back.

I like the idea of Baxter as RB in short yardage situations with Norris at FB. DD and Hollings are both smaller speedy guys, and although they should become great RBs, I don't know that they would hold up well running between the tackles. Even though DD has shown a remarkable ability to break tackles for his size, he's not what I think of in terms of a guy who can "move the pile".

norris will be the starter because he is a batering ram like lorenzo neil, baxter will most likely be a short yardage back or as the running fb on traps and what not

Norris without question.

Apparently Baxter's foot isn't fully healed which is worrisome since it's been a full year.

Wells looks like a new back in camp. I think he understands what it means to be in the last year of a contract.

Jason Anderson has done very well in camp and he can return kicks. The battle between Wells and Anderson is close. Wells is our only big back. Anderson can return kickoffs. If they keep 4 RBs it's a moot point as they will both make it.

He's not squeaking this year. This is the best I've seen him look (at least in practice) in a long time. I think someone told him he's in the last year of his contract.

DD is doubtful for Saturday btw. First it was a puffy knee, now ankle and quad. Get ready.

aj. said:
He's not squeaking this year. This is the best I've seen him look (at least in practice) in a long time. I think someone told him he's in the last year of his contract.

I hope he has started taking his career seriously. If for no other reason, he might be attractive to another team for trade purposes. I just don't see a fit here anymore.

Well just reading what AJ said, he better be ready. I don't want to have another injury plagued season on offense.

Back