Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2004   #1
Spider_20
Rookie

Thumbs up Who will be the Starting fullback???

Who will be the texans startin fullback they have 3 good choices

Moran-the best blockin fullback on the team without a doubt has recieving problems.

Baxter-Good reciever not a great blocker fast was a running back at New Mexico

and if they decide to put wells at fullback he may have a chance to start eventually if he shows if he can block cause he is big for a halfback 6'1 252lbs.
and he would be good for short yardage situations.
Spider_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Norris will probably start but I still see Baxter on the roster. Wells just isnt physical enough to be a FB. And for short yardage situations, I see Baxter being the goal line back, he was a very good RB in college.

I see Hollings, Davis, Norris and Baxter after the final cut but Anderson could bump Baxter out....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #3
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Wells will make the final squad. Capers is very pleased with his approach this summer and he's a very good special teamer.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #4
hook'em07carter
Rookie

The texans liked to run ace back wit 2 TE's so we myte not need to use the fullback alot
hook'em07carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook'em07carter
The texans liked to run ace back wit 2 TE's so we myte not need to use the fullback alot
They do run the ace formation a lot, but I think they run 3 WR sets a little more. But even if you dont use FBs a lot you still need a good lead blocking FB on the roster...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 08-04-2004   #6
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

No doubt Moran norris will start @ FB. Chris Palmer doesn't like involving FBs in his passing game. So Baxter or any other HB cant take away his job b/c simply hes the best by a significant margin in blocking.

I also see Wells making the team on Special Teams. So it will be Davis, Hollings, Norris, Wells, Baxter. Baxter could lose his job to jason Anderson. But i'm not sure if the Texans would keep 2 FBs and since baxter could lose the job of short-yardage rushing to Wells he might as well may not make the team.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #7
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think Moran Norris earned the starting job with his excellent play last season. However, I still think we'll find a job for Baxter to do at some point this year.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2004   #8
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Baxter will definitely make the team because the Texans won't go into the season with only one fullback. He is also a special teams contributor and ultimately I think he will be the teams best short yardage back.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #9
Stampeder
Rookie

Red face

I like the idea of Baxter as RB in short yardage situations with Norris at FB. DD and Hollings are both smaller speedy guys, and although they should become great RBs, I don't know that they would hold up well running between the tackles. Even though DD has shown a remarkable ability to break tackles for his size, he's not what I think of in terms of a guy who can "move the pile".
Stampeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would hope they cut Wells early enough that he gets a chance to catch on with another team.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

norris will be the starter because he is a batering ram like lorenzo neil, baxter will most likely be a short yardage back or as the running fb on traps and what not
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #12
Juan
Rookie

Baxter should be the fulback,but the Texans should think on getting a better fullback.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #13
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis
Default Re: Who will be the Starting fullback???

norris really impressed me last year, one hell of a run blocker, cant do much else but he doesnt need to
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Norris without question.

Apparently Baxter's foot isn't fully healed which is worrisome since it's been a full year.

Wells looks like a new back in camp. I think he understands what it means to be in the last year of a contract.

Jason Anderson has done very well in camp and he can return kicks. The battle between Wells and Anderson is close. Wells is our only big back. Anderson can return kickoffs. If they keep 4 RBs it's a moot point as they will both make it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #15
Doom Capers
Veteran

Didn't we also pick up some guy named Stackhouse from the Vikings?
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Didn't we also pick up some guy named Stackhouse from the Vikings?
I think we released him

Old 08-11-2004   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, July 21st.
Old 08-12-2004   #18
Keldar
Veteran

Will Jonathan Wells ever stop finding a way to squeak himself onto the roster?
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not squeaking this year. This is the best I've seen him look (at least in practice) in a long time. I think someone told him he's in the last year of his contract.

DD is doubtful for Saturday btw. First it was a puffy knee, now ankle and quad. Get ready.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004   #20
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
He's not squeaking this year. This is the best I've seen him look (at least in practice) in a long time. I think someone told him he's in the last year of his contract.
I hope he has started taking his career seriously. If for no other reason, he might be attractive to another team for trade purposes. I just don't see a fit here anymore.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read