Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default After bumpy start, Babin finishes 2005 season on positive note !

Jason Babin has had a rough 2nd season in the NFL which might include some
unwarranted and even unfair criticism, and I'm one of those who is among the guilty perps. The thing is, Jason started out the regular season injured and apparently no one was aware of it but Jason himself, or no one was aware of the extent and seriousness of the injury and the impact it had on his performance on the field this year. And of course we all know that the selection of Babin and what was paid for him in Draft picks in
the 2004 Draft was a very controversial decison here in Houston. But he finished the last part of the season and the last game on a very positive and
optimistic note. According to stats I've seen on yesterday's game, besides having 2 sacks for I think the second time late this season, he also was a
leader in total tackles. Here's hoping 2006 is a good year for Jason, both on
and off the field.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I was a naysayer as well, and I was glad he was benched in favor of Shantee Orr, who is a favorite of mine.

Since his recovery, Babin has shown real promise. I can't wait to see how he performs under a new coaching staff.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Jason Babin has had a rough 2nd season in the NFL which might include some
unwarranted and even unfair criticism, and I'm one of those who is among the guilty perps. The thing is, Jason started out the regular season injured and apparently no one was aware of it but Jason himself, or no one was aware of the extent and seriousness of the injury and the impact it had on his performance on the field this year. And of course we all know that the selection of Babin and what was paid for him in Draft picks in
the 2004 Draft was a very controversial decison here in Houston. But he finished the last part of the season and the last game on a very positive and
optimistic note. According to stats I've seen on yesterday's game, besides having 2 sacks for I think the second time late this season, he also was a
leader in total tackles. Here's hoping 2006 is a good year for Jason, both on
and off the field.
Great post, my thoughts exactly, I think his performace is being overlooked right now with all of the Capers/Casserly stuff going on. I hope we see Orr/Babin at the OLB spots next season...
Old 01-02-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

i think we should rotate, depending on the situation. It seems all three of the OLB are decent at pass rushing, but I think Peek and or are the best combo. Thus, in passing situations Peek should be playing, I also think Babin is better then Peek against the run, we should rotate them accordingly, if we remain in a 3-4
Old 01-02-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
i think we should rotate, depending on the situation. It seems all three of the OLB are decent at pass rushing, but I think Peek and or are the best combo. Thus, in passing situations Peek should be playing, I also think Babin is better then Peek against the run, we should rotate them accordingly, if we remain in a 3-4
Or if we switch to a 4-3 we could try Babin at DE, to me he looks much better coming off the corner out of a 3 point stance...
Old 01-02-2006   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I will admit, I was down on Babin most of the year. He did look terrible the first half of the year but looked better the second half. Hopefully he can continue it next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Earlier in the season, the NFL network reported that Babin's injury could have him out for the season, but that never happened.

He lined up as a DE once yesterday and ran the RT right into Alex Smith. Babin for DE?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
Snapple
Veteran

I definitely haven't given up on Babin. It's too early to give up on a first round pick, and I think he has potential. Obviously he's underperformed a lot, but I look forward to a healthier and more productive year from Babin next year.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he looked physically stronger the past couple of games, which was good to see - just my perception from seeing it on TV.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I think the announcers said it best yesturday when they said that maybe all Babin needed was a little time on the sidelines, injury or not, to spark some fire into him. He has showed that fire in the past couple of games. Has anybody noticed though how much pressure has been coming off the ends in the past games? Babin, Orr, and Peek have played up to their potential and really created a pass rush that has been missing from this defense from the get-go. I wonder what happened.........

Babin would have to bulk up a little bit to play DE. He is at 259 right now, and probably needs 20 pounds added to his frame, something he lost when he came to play OLB. That is his natural postion and on 3rd downs he is down in his stance coming off the edge so the move back would be a great benefit to him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read