Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Devin Hester to turn Pro

big homey

Waterboy
Since the we do need to shore up the secondary with a legit #2 corner, what do you think of this guy? His stock isn't all that high, so we could get lucky and find him late. He seems like the type of player you could in all kinds of ways, granted the new HC's creativeness.

Second day if he is still there. Great returner (we all ready have one), but not impressed with his corner skills. Would rather have Minter from Georgia. :twocents:

big homey said:
Well if we do toss P-Buck, he could return punts then.

But if we draft Bush, then DD can return punts since that was what he was orginally drafted for (punts and 3rd down back).

V Man said:
But if we draft Bush, then DD can return punts since that was what he was orginally drafted for (punts and 3rd down back).

A $21 million dollar punt returner?

The Titans have Pac Man Jones returning punts and the Falcons have DeAngelo Hall returning punts. Both are very high draft picks. You don't have to use 5th and 6th round draft picks to return punts. You use the guy who is the most effective punt returner.

V Man said:
If the Texans draft Bush, he needs to earn his money some how. :confused:

Which is why we should trade down. With the $21 million we are now paying Davis, paying Bush the money he will command would be insane and more than likely keep us from making any other big name acquisitions and could put us in cap trouble in the future...

texan279 said:
Which is why we should trade down. With the $21 million we are now paying Davis, paying Bush the money he will command would be insane and more than likely keep us from making any other big name acquisitions and could put us in cap trouble in the future...

I hear you, but I don't think McNair wants to take the media hit or the uprising from all the pro-Bush fans if we don't take him. So I foresee the Texans drafting Bush and try to move Davis this year or next.

V Man said:
Second day if he is still there. Great returner (we all ready have one), but not impressed with his corner skills. Would rather have Minter from Georgia. :twocents:

I agree, he is a great athlete like Ted Ginn from Ohio St. but neither one really have really refined skills and neither translate to being a great NFL CB or WR, maybe take either of them in the 4th round or lower if they are around, but definitely not before then. I don't see either coming on and being able to beat out Philip Buchanon as a starter next year.

Back