Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Holy Schmokes!! Ricky Williams Retired

Just reported on ESPN. Unreal. I hope you havn't drafted in your FFL's yet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I just was coming here to post that! I wish he'd change his mind, he had a promising future...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't believe it until I see it coming from Ricky Williams' mouth. But it's still very strange that he would consider doing something like this.
Old 07-25-2004   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky Williams as in Miami Dolphins/Texas Longhorns Ricky Williams??
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Ricky Williams as in Miami Dolphins/Texas Longhorns Ricky Williams??
Yep!!!! And they could have gotten Steven Jackson, Chris Perry, Kevin Jones, etc. in the draft if he would have told them sooner!!!! The Dolphins are screwed...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

this makes absolutely no sense what so ever...why retire after only 5 years...he has no bad injuries that come to mind...he's in miami of all places...why retire...there must be more to this story
Old 07-25-2004   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Ricky couldn't stand Shaq getting all the attention there so he had go make a bigger splash! hehe..
Old 07-25-2004   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

espn's website says they wonder if it's like robert smith and drugs being the reason...it doesn't seem like ricky to be into drugs but who knows
Old 07-25-2004   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unbelieveable!!!

I thought this was a prank thread, and that it was Indianapolis Colts/Texas Tech Red Raiders Ricky Williams. I wonder what made him decide to retire?
Old 07-25-2004   #10
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

This article is the most i have found...
Old 07-25-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
I wonder what made him decide to retire?
He said he didnt want to play anymore, wasnt in his heart and he felt he would hurt the team if he went out there and didnt give it his all...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 07-25-2004   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

I think he's hurting the team more by retiring. LoL
Old 07-25-2004   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky has always been a different kinda of dude. Of the guys in the league that would wake one morning and not want to play anymore; he tops the list of person who would join the Barry sanders and Robert Smith fraternity of I am just quitting.

Williams carried the ball a ton at UT and in his years in the pros. I respect guys who quit early(even at the wrong time) more than those who hang collecting paychecks and destroying thier bodies when the player does not have the heart to compete.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #14
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

All the draft picks they wasted and all the money. Ricky, Ricky, Ricky. I thought he was going to be big. Dang, they could of grabbed some awesome rb in the draft. Such a bad time to retire. Phins are done for this season. Feel sorry for the fans. the season ended early for them today. Good luck in 06' and let the rebuilding begin

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions

Last edited by HowBoutThemCowboys!; 07-25-2004 at 12:41 AM. Reason: im stupid
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #15
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

just heard that he is gonna retire to "travel the world"
ccdude730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #16
scourge 
Digression King

this is a reply on the Miami Herald web page... made me laugh, i feel for the guy.

Quote:
need help, what the hell are we going to do, minor is good but not ricky. I am in serious shock and are season just took a turn toward another non playoff season. and i am sure glad that the one jersey i could afford to save up and get was ricky's. Have fun in asia or jamaca and leave us all hanging. you could have told us this months ago. we could have drafted a RUNNING BACK THANK YOU, SELFISH ASSH@LE.. ANYONE HAVE THOUGHTS.
Maybe since there was some previous talk that the Vikes were looking to trade M. Bennett for some defence, the Fins will look to grab him...

Last edited by scourge; 07-25-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2004   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
Maybe since there was some previous talk that the Vikes were looking to trade M. Bennett for some defence, the Fins will look grab him...
Adewale Ogunleye for Bennett??? Saying that is a longshot would be an understatement though...

Old 07-25-2004   #18
scourge 
Digression King

yeah, but it would benefit both parties involved...
Old 07-25-2004   #19
drdjsmm
waterboy

Thumbs down Butkiss and a wedding dress...

Ricky probably retiring so he can smoke pot 24-7. What a doosh bag! He should stay away from the miami clubs! Man, if i was a maimi fan.....
drdjsmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004   #20
tacoman_j
Veteran

Talking Stacy Mack to the RESCUE

Stacy MAck just got a JOB. He's the only free agent back remaining. Good Luck with the MACK
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read