Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Two news items: Carr is staying. Bush grew up liking S.F.

Excerpt taken from the post-game article on ESPN.com:

"...The Texans are in for big offseason changes, with Capers expected to be fired Monday after four seasons. Bush has been on fans' minds in Houston and San Francisco since November -- but the 49ers, Bush's favorite team growing up, dropped out of the top five in the draft by doubling their win total from last season.

"I hope this is the last time we have the No. 1 pick," said Texans owner Bob McNair, who said he would address the team's coaching situation Monday. "At the same time, it is of great value to us. ... We're going to have four picks in the first 70 players. That means we're going to get some good players."

"It's a little premature right now to say who we're taking," said general manager Charley Casserly, who's expected to keep his job. "But I think everybody knows we aren't taking Matt Leinart."

Bush, who watched from Los Angeles while preparing for Wednesday's Rose Bowl against Texas, claims he still doesn't know whether he'll enter the draft.

"Whatever happens in this game, it won't have any effect on me," Bush said. "Obviously it will just [affect] who gets the first pick in the NFL draft. ... Like I said from Day 1, I won't be worried about it until after the season...

---------------------

Carr is staying.

Looks like we could trade spots with S.F. so they get Bush and Bush gets them, but I'm not sure we'd still get a premium player in S.F.'s draft position.

What if Bush DID NOT declare for the draft? Now THAT would be interesting.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
CanadianSaint
Rookie

Bush won the Lottery by winning the Heisman. He's gonna declare. Now, he might pull an ELi on y'all......
CanadianSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be interesting if Bush didn't declare, but I think it would be downright stupid on his part. He has 2 National Championships, possibly 3 in a couple days, a Heisman, and He's expected to be thew number 1 pick. What is left for him to prove? The only way he can go is down if he stays another year. Plus there's no guarantee that he will be drafted by the Texans when he declares, there's always the possibility of a trade somewhere.

Now look at Leinhert. He should have come out last year as I believe he would have been taken number 1 by SF, now it looks like he'll be going to the Saints at the number 2 spot.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSaint
Bush won the Lottery by winning the Heisman. He's gonna declare. Now, he might pull an ELi on y'all......
*cough* Thanks for the input.

If anyone pulls an "Eli," it's going to be Matt Leinart refusing to play for the Saints. Worry about your own draft first. Houston is a fine place to play.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

that didn't turn out too bad for the Chargers .... stay tuned
Old 01-02-2006   #6
CanadianSaint
Rookie

San Diego was a nice place to play too...and I AM concerned about Matt pulling an ELi...
Old 01-02-2006   #7
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
We're going to have four picks in the first 70 players. That means we're going to get some good players."
ha ha, he does realize that Casserly is still his GM right?
Old 01-02-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

Looks like we could trade spots with S.F. so they get Bush and Bush gets them, but I'm not sure we'd still get a premium player in S.F.'s draft position.

What if Bush DID NOT declare for the draft? Now THAT would be interesting.

SF isn't going to trade up to get Reggie Bush. They have even more holes than we do and if anything will trade down from their spot.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
If he pulled an Eli on anyone it would be the Saints. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play for the Saints, the only thing the Saints have going for them is they might move to Los Angeles.

Texans have some of the nicest facilities in the NFL, a great stadium, a great owner, a history of extending contracts early if you play well, and the Texans are in a pretty big football market.

Any smart agent wouldn't let their player pull that stuff.

Plus he is on record with ESPN saying he would play for the Texans if drafted.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
CanadianSaint
Rookie

The Saints have "the sympathy factor". They were hit by a hurricane, etc..after all..the "national media" calls them "Americas Team" now...The Superdome will be back soon, and The saints will have another playoff win!!!

#prays#

Also, Matt L is a class act, and can't see him pulling that crap either. But a superstar like Bush, well..he WOULD pull an ELi on the Saints, I'm sure of it and well, might on y'all as well. You never know whats in the heads of these millionaires....
Old 01-02-2006   #11
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush will not go Eli because this is actually a very stable and promising franchise (sans the fact that we are keeping Casserly). However, I could see Leinhart being a little hesitant to go to N.O. Your franchise is in deep, deep trouble...
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli Manning is a little crybaby. I lost ALL respect for him when he pulled that and I will never like the guy simply for that fact.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Either way it still benefits us. If he says he won't go to us, you do exactly what San Diego did and draft the dude then take all bids.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Reggie isn't going to pull an Eli. He is good friends of LaDainian Tomlinson's and LT has bashed Eli several times for forcing a trade to the Giants.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
CanadianSaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
Bush will not go Eli because this is actually a very stable and promising franchise (sans the fact that we are keeping Casserly). However, I could see Leinhart being a little hesitant to go to N.O. Your franchise is in deep, deep trouble...
We need a new owner, and a new GM and a new Coach....

Sound familar???

(Besides the owner..)

That said, we have work to do, but don't underestimate Cajuns!
Old 01-02-2006   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We need a new owner, and a new GM and a new Coach....

Sound familar???

(Besides the owner..)

That said, we have work to do, but don't underestimate Cajuns!
Dont forget QB, WR that can stay healthy, and stadium. Seriously who is on the Saints besides Deuce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
ha ha, he does realize that Casserly is still his GM right?

Everyone makes fun of Casserly and his draft picks, but if you have ever listened to him around the draft. The players and the deals that he has made is because Capers has really wanted those players. Capers wanted Babin!! Capers is the one who wanted Phillip Buchanon (yes I know this was a trade).

Capers wanted help on the D-Line and the guy he wanted they got. He wanted Travis Johnson, who was rated the top d lineman in last years draft. Not only did Casserly get T. Johnson he also picked up the 2nd overall pick in the 3rd for moving down 5 spots from last years draft.

What about the players Casserly have been successful with. Everyone wanted Cass to trade up a couple of years ago to get DeAngelo Hall, but Cass and Capers wanted D. Robinson more, I think that turned out well.

What about Dom. Davis (3rd Rd)? Jerome Mathis(4th rd) (our lone pro bowl player) CC Brown (6th Rd) ( I think CC is going to be a darn good SS for years to come), Demarcus Faggins (6th Rd)?? These players have already helped this team and will continue to help these team.

Casserly wasn't the problem. Capers was and thats why he lost his job. I'm happy they kept Casserly.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #18
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
where the hell did that come from? do you have some inside info or arfe you just an *****???
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
where the hell did that come from? do you have some inside info or arfe you just an *****???
I don't know what he is but I ban members for name calling....even if it's asterisk laden.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #20
CanadianSaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Dont forget QB, WR that can stay healthy, and stadium. Seriously who is on the Saints besides Deuce?
Joe Horn, Dante Stallworth....BOTH EXCELLENT WR's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read