Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2006   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For All the Bush Haters

Ok, let me ask y'all this. Will any of you change your mind if Reggie Bush goes out and puts up some great numbers against a good Texas defense in the Rose Bowl? My dream scenario would have Bush go for like 200, but Texas still win.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I don't think anybody classifies as a Bush "hater". They simply think the team would be better served by addressing other areas of need with high quality players that would be available.

But back to your question: No...I wouldn't change my mind.

1. It's only one game. Everybody seemed to change their mind about Bush being the best player in the country when he went nuts on Fresno State. Turned out Fresno State wasn't as good as what many thought they were.

2. Stephen McGee (Texas A&M QB) rushed for over 100 yards against Texas. They can be suspectible against the rush as any other team. Especially when the other team has a player that can get to the edge, where Texas is their weakest, as fast as Bush can. I almost expect 200 yards from him on Wednesday.

If Texas employs the same strategy against USC as they did OU last year where Adrian Peterson went off for 225 but no TDs but they held their passing game in check, then I think that gives Texas the best shot at winning. Let Bush get his yards. Just minimize the big (pass) plays.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is the one who is over-rated but to his credit he knows how to use & spread out his weapons he will make a fine offensive coordinator someday
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush averaged 8.9 yds a carry and 35 yds per scoring play while gaining 1600 yds . I'm not so much pro Bush as I am a football fan . I'm more of a football fan than I am a Texans fan . Point is as a football fan with no biases ... Reggie Bush is damn good player , he may be the best in college at three positions (RB , WR , KR ) . I've watched 5 or 6 USC games in the last 3 years .

If you can get a good deal trade him , if you can't pick him . This team needs an identity bad .
Old 01-02-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Leinart will succeed on a team that has a lot of weapons like the Lions for example.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Nobody's questioning that Bush is a great college RB, so no, the Rose Bowl won't affect my opinion of him. That's not the issue.

The Longhorns had better cream them, though.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I don't think anybody classifies as a Bush "hater". They simply think the team would be better served by addressing other areas of need with high quality players that would be available.

But back to your question: No...I wouldn't change my mind.

1. It's only one game. Everybody seemed to change their mind about Bush being the best player in the country when he went nuts on Fresno State. Turned out Fresno State wasn't as good as what many thought they were.

2. Stephen McGee (Texas A&M QB) rushed for over 100 yards against Texas. They can be suspectible against the rush as any other team. Especially when the other team has a player that can get to the edge, where Texas is their weakest, as fast as Bush can. I almost expect 200 yards from him on Wednesday.

If Texas employs the same strategy against USC as they did OU last year where Adrian Peterson went off for 225 but no TDs but they held their passing game in check, then I think that gives Texas the best shot at winning. Let Bush get his yards. Just minimize the big (pass) plays.
What he said, I agree 110%
Old 01-02-2006   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I think Leinart will succeed on a team that has a lot of weapons like the Lions for example.
We don't have weapons? We do, just didn't have the coach to utilize them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
CITY CAT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
We'll add one of the best "weapons" of the generation and hopefully a new coach.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
Dime
Hall of Fame

Bush Hater.... Just because I dont agree what position we should fill does not make me a hater. I like the guy .... alot.. I would love to have him on the team. The problem is that he is coming into a position that is already filled and there are so many other empty slots available that need to be filled first.
Old 01-02-2006   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not a bush hater but I think we might be better served to draft defense as I've stated a number of times.

If we drafted bush I wouldn't be upset. I think they hype could bring a lot of excitment back to the stands.
Old 01-02-2006   #12
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
IMO AJ is our only offensive weapon. Carr and Davis are far from "weapons". Throw in Mathis and we have 2 "weapons".
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
CITY CAT
Veteran

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Bush Hater.... Just because I dont agree what position we should fill does not make me a hater. I like the guy .... alot.. I would love to have him on the team. The problem is that he is coming into a position that is already filled and there are so many other empty slots available that need to be filled first.
You want a bunch of ripe rookies to be filling in one of those empty slots instead of the reincarnate of Gale Sayers?
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
IMO AJ is our only offensive weapon. Carr and Davis are far from "weapons". Throw in Mathis and we have 2 "weapons".

Mathis is a special teams star.

he has done absolutely nothing to warrant the term offensive weapon.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read