Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2006   #1
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default Carr is not the answer

In my opinion, not for an 8 million dollar bonus and locking up for 3 yrs at 5.5 mill a yr. Id let him hit the open market and get him for the dollar amount he's worth. If he leaves, id go after brad johnson and groom a young qb or go after david garrard from j-ville. Its plenty of qbs out there we can get for less than the price of david carr. We have too many other needs to fill than to sink 8 mill to a qb who hasnt shown anything!!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #2
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

This is my first post! It's hard to get all the news being a Texan Fan up here in Seattle so I'm glad I found your boards. Not sure why I didn't think of looking for them before....duh...

About Carr...I have days where I'm wondering about his ability and if he is the real deal or not. I think - as others have pointed out more eloquently that myself - it has been very difficult for him to develop to his full potential with the problems the team has with the OL. My biggest fear is he could've been the next Elway, Favre, etc but will be "spoiled" and screwed up playing in Houston and behind this offensive line!

I still have my Carr jersey and I'll still believe. I say keep him.
NWTexan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Default BAD O-line

I won't be ready to call him a bust until we give him the right kind of protection behind a good O-line and he still doesn't produce.

I would like the Texans to address the back-up QB position more aggressively with a player who could potentially take over for the remainder of the season if Carr can't produce with a good line. Maybe invest a 3rd round pick and draft one or pick up an a veteran like Flutie, Brooks, or Kitna.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #4
bigtex77
Veteran

Hey NW, just curious, how long have you been in Seattle, and where in Texas are you from?
Old 01-02-2006   #5
NWTexan Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
Hey NW, just curious, how long have you been in Seattle, and where in Texas are you from?
Hey bigtex...lived in Seattle and surrounding areas most of my life (44 yrs and counting) and actually never did live in Tx. In my formative years of discovering sports and who I liked, I gravitated with no explanation to the Oilers. Perhaps, Billy White Shoes, Pastorini, Kenny B. later Earl C had something to do with it! LOL! I was in love with "Luv Ya Blue!" My loyalties followed them to Tenessee but now back to Houston.
NWTexan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well im glad ya found the forum.. always good to see a informed fan on here.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
well im glad ya found the forum.. always good to see a informed fan on here.
David Carr's head is full of rocks. Nothing against JUCO but Carr had to start out at JUCO before Fresno because of school, etc. This translates onto the field in my book, where he doesn't make smart plays. The guy has some talent and it isn't his fault that the line is no good. My problem, after 4 years, is that he still makes the same dumb mistakes...looks RIGHT AT his first option, doesn't throw the ball away, etc.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe a halfway decent coach can stop this. He should be allowed a chance with someone who knows what they are doing.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

cant judge carr yet. needs more time.
Old 01-02-2006   #10
CanadianSaint
Rookie

Quote:
That sounds like the Saints organization and Aaron Brooks....Lets face it. Winning is the measure of sucess, and neither your starting QB did it, nor mine. They BOTH need to go.
CanadianSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fans and and media here are way too forgiving. 4 years of this stuff is too much. He hasn't even learned basic Quarterbacking in that time.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
CanadianSaint
Rookie

Can anyone say.... RYAN LEAF?
CanadianSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen improvement. Especially when given the permission to handle the offense. I believe coaching has everything to do with it. I think if you are going to put it in Carrs hands, you gotta get him Kubiak so that he can get this kid the plays for Carr to make plays.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll be saying the same thing after 6 years .
Old 01-02-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

yah.. how dare he spend 4 years just LAYING on his back behind hte line of scrimmage.. slacking off.. and expect us to be patient.

This is a stupid arguement. get over it. its tiring. Carr is staying.. Carr is getting more time.. Carr has not had a fair chance.. Carr still has room for improvement.

deal with it.
Old 01-02-2006   #16
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajaxonbrown
I won't be ready to call him a bust until we give him the right kind of protection behind a good O-line and he still doesn't produce.

I would like the Texans to address the back-up QB position more aggressively with a player who could potentially take over for the remainder of the season if Carr can't produce with a good line. Maybe invest a 3rd round pick and draft one or pick up an a veteran like Flutie, Brooks, or Kitna.
They did invest a 3rd pick into a QB. Did you forget Dave Ragone? Also you don't waste the 1st or 2nd picks in the 3rd round on another QB. The Texans will have the top 2 picks in 3rd round due to trade they made with the Saints last year.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well , I will not hang my hat on Carr . He brings on alot of problems on himself . How did Banks get the ball downfield and not get sacked .

Carr and the rest of this team have been babied cause of their new status . Its time for everyone to be accountable ... even David he 's the QB for a 2-14 team and started every game .( hopefully Bush will keep his pa away from practice )
Old 01-02-2006   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this is the eternal question, how long is long enough? 4 years? 6 years? 10 years? If you couldnt do your job in 4 years, wouldnt you replaced? Much less if they were paying you what he's getting paid? Players are paid to make plays, not excuses. The guy gets hit all year long and then in the last game of the year when 0 sacks are given up, he gets hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

The OL is bad but its not as bad as it looks . Teams have nothig to lose going after Carr because he wont burn them ... he'll dump it or eat it . This started three years ago and it won't get better .
Old 01-02-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Davie Franchise will be a nice backup somewhere 3 years from now. He won't kill you with mistakes, but he won't make any plays for you either. Look at what Tony friggin' Banks did (yardage-wise) in one half with the same offensive line and receivers.

No, Carr is not the answer... that's very obvious to many after 4 years of futility.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read