Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2006   #1
HoustonTexans
Rookie

Default Mike Tice Anyone?

Would anyone want Mike Tice as the future head coach of our wonderful Houston Texans Franchise? Seeing is as he just got fired and after a nice comeback (almost) run in the final sprint of the season, I liked what he did as a coach to get the team back in playoff contention (almost). But I dont know... what do you guys think?
HoustonTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

i like that idea
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, I like every new coach I hear of.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since he loves Andre, we know he would get him the ball alot.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

not really interested
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

No thank you.. I just had Dom Capers and im gonna be on the pot all offseason.

If I was to have Mike Tice id probably have to go to the hospital.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #7
kenneth24
Veteran

um, NO!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2006   #8
Yossarian
Rookie

That guy went 32-33 with some very talented players under his command. You think he'll do better with worse talent?
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #9
HoustonTexans
Rookie

Hey don't yell at me haha i was just curious what yall thought i have no idea what he could bring to the table, but i suppose that record statistic says a lot.
HoustonTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. I'm not even remotely interested in this guy.
Old 01-01-2006   #11
kenneth24
Veteran

But he would know how to unload the extra tickets that nobody is using!
Old 01-01-2006   #12
Iceblink
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
No thanks. I'm not even remotely interested in this guy.
Right on. Considering the on-field struggles and off-field embarassments, Tice needs to go somewhere quiet and not be involved with a team I like for a year or twelve.
Iceblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #13
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

get stuffed...

This is not the guy to give our team credibility...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least he used to be an o-lineman
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
At least he used to be an o-lineman
hopefully, you can say that about some of the Texans olineman when the season starts next year!
Old 01-02-2006   #16
God of Wine

No Thanks.......
Old 01-02-2006   #17
berkman17
Rookie

mike tice's teams are terribly undisciplined, and that seems to be the exact opposite of what we need. having lived in chicago the past 4 years, i saw a lot of the vikings games, and they always underachieved. from the randy ratio to the loveboat scandal, tice was just bad in all facets of the game, on and off the field.

how about herm edwards, if he gets fired from the jets? he's a way better coach who just got killed by losing his qbs this season... just a thought.
berkman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Herm Edwards over Mike Tice anyday.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

no Tice for me, please... you had me at Randy Ratio

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt mind him so much as our Offensive Line Coach.

I doubt Tice gets a shot as a head coach next year. He is going to have to work his way back up.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read