Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2006   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sick....just Sick

Everyone on the board is gleefully celebrating our shiny new #1 pick....is anybody else as upset as me that my team, OUR TEAM, just lost to a squad quarterbacked by alex smith....one of the worst teams in the nfl. Is anybody else disgusted with another blown lead and close loss? Get the draft out of your heads for a moment and realize......the team that the other 31 teams are laughing at? hey, thats US! Disgracefull, thats all this is, disgracefull.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, were you under the impression that they weren't ALREADY laughing at this team?
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #3
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3
I'm sorry, were you under the impression that they weren't ALREADY laughing at this team?
LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Everyone on the board is gleefully celebrating our shiny new #1 pick....is anybody else as upset as me that my team, OUR TEAM, just lost to a squad quarterbacked by alex smith....one of the worst teams in the nfl. Is anybody else disgusted with another blown lead and close loss? Get the draft out of your heads for a moment and realize......the team that the other 31 teams are laughing at? hey, thats US! Disgracefull, thats all this is, disgracefull.
I think it's funny. Hehehehehehehe.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #5
Snapple
Veteran

To be fair, we weren't playing our starting RB or QB.

But yeah, we're pathetic.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

31 teams aren't laughing at us. It is more like 29. The Rams lost twice to the Niners and the Bucs lost once. But we will have the last laugh because we are the 2005 Gallery Furniture.com Reggie Bush Bowl winners.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
To be fair, we weren't playing our starting RB or QB.

But yeah, we're pathetic.

Or Andre Johnson
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2006   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I was disgusted earlier this season, now I'm just numb. It was either pick #1 or #2 that we were gonna get - hopefully all involved with the franchise take something from this season and use it to improve tenfold next season.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
The season is over. We lost that game. Do you have a time machine that you're not telling us about and a plan to go back in time, change the outcome of at least ten of our teams games, and then purchase playoff tickets? If you don't then I'd like to know why talk of what we're going to do with the #1 draft pick ticks you off. That along with the upcoming firings is about all we have to look forward to.
Old 01-01-2006   #10
CajunTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Or Andre Johnson
Did AJ not play?
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #11
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3
ROFLMAO

Owwww! My side hurts...
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
The season is over. We lost that game. Do you have a time machine that you're not telling us about and a plan to go back in time, change the outcome of at least ten of our teams games, and then purchase playoff tickets? If you don't then I'd like to know why talk of what we're going to do with the #1 draft pick ticks you off. That along with the upcoming firings is about all we have to look forward to.
Im not upset with all the number 1 draft pick talk, its expected, we are in the offseason now...i guess im just upset that we have grown so accustomed to losing that it didnt even slow anybody on this board down that we had just lost our 14th game, but it launched a flurry of offseason posts. I just dont like the attitude that a loss like this is acceptable, maybe im wrong on this one

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 01-01-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If there was EVER a time that a loss was acceptable, this was it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yah...im heartbroken..lemme tell you..

if we had beaten san francisco and finished 3-13.. I would have had hope for the future.. but now.. 2-12? unbeleivable.. 3-13 is respectable.. 2-12.. we might as well commit seppuku.

:P

sarcasm aside.. this game meant absolutely nothing.. it proved absolutely nothing.. we knew we were bad and needed alot of work BEFORE playing this game. Losing it did no in any way effect me.. we still have just as much work to do as we would have if we had won.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I myself was laughing because my only other choice was crying ....
Old 01-01-2006   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This loss was way more acceptable than the Buffalo one....
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
yah...im heartbroken..lemme tell you..

if we had beaten san francisco and finished 3-13.. I would have had hope for the future.. but now.. 2-12? unbeleivable.. 3-13 is respectable.. 2-12.. we might as well commit seppuku.

:P

sarcasm aside.. this game meant absolutely nothing.. it proved absolutely nothing.. we knew we were bad and needed alot of work BEFORE playing this game. Losing it did no in any way effect me.. we still have just as much work to do as we would have if we had won.
It meant a lot to me....im not in a huge rush to pin the title of "worst team in the nfl" onto our franchise, and thats what the #1 pick is.....give it to new orleans, cause i dont want that.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 01-01-2006   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
This loss was way more acceptable than the Buffalo one....
I thought about that earlier today Aj. I totally agree. This game just made me want to turn off my TV and say, OH WELL!! That loss to Buffalo made my stomach churn for years.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I dont beleive we are the worst team in the NFL.. we have plenty of talent.. we arent "stuck in a rut".. we will recover from this and be alot better in the next couple of seasons.

If this was our 3rd #1 pick.. i may be disturbed.. but really I think we are getting a steal. We are getting the #1 pick coming off a season where we really didnt play as well as we could have.. and things will be better next season.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well I dont beleive we are the worst team in the NFL.. we have plenty of talent.. we arent "stuck in a rut".. we will recover from this and be alot better in the next couple of seasons.

If this was our 3rd #1 pick.. i may be disturbed.. but really I think we are getting a steal. We are getting the #1 pick coming off a season where we really didnt play as well as we could have.. and things will be better next season.
Unfortunately the math doesnt lie.....we get to pick #1 cause we ARE the worst team. Unless i missed something and somebody else finished 1-15....you might not believe we are the worst team in the nfl from a long term perspective...but for this season, we win the booby prize.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read