Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2006   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let it begin

Well the season is over.. we have the #1 pick.. and people are gonna be screaming BUUUUUUUSSSHHHH!!!!!!! for the next few months.

Here is something to wrap your head around.. and start coming to terms with it now.

1. We arent THAT bad of a team.. we looked worse than we are.. a new (better) coaching staff will go a long way with the talent we already have. Bush is probably not NECESSARY to get this team to the playoffs.

2. Our zone blocking scheme is starting to make our running game resemble Denver's. We have 3 guys that we can put behind our line (DD, Wells, Morency) and can expect that we will get at LEAST a "good" showin from our running game. Using our 1st rounder on Bush may not be necessary to have a good running game.

3. San Francisco wants Bush....bad...real bad. They are going to end up with a top 10 pick.. possibly top 5. I would not be at all surprised if they offered us the farm for the #1 pick. If they offer their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.. that would give us 7 first day picks. That is 7 first day picks in a very deep OT draft. Those picks MAY do alot more towards fixing our team than Bush would.

All that being said.. I would not mind in the least if we took Bush.. I think he could be a superstar.. and I think he could do VERY well here in Houston.

But I would not regret it if we didnt take him.. even if he became the next Barry Sanders I wouldnt regret it.. so long as the extra picks that we received jump started us into contention.. and made us a REAL NFL team.

I just wanted to get all of this out now, before the flood of "I CANT WAIT FOR REGGIE!" posts started.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #2
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I was thinking SF was the perfect team to try and swindle for Bush. Look they need him and we really dont. We need Trenchcontrollers. 1st, next years 1st, 2nd and 4th. That is gonna be the asking price. With that we have a solid nucleus of picks and next years picks should be interesting, because SF is a ways away from being legitimate.
Old 01-01-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yah getting next years 1st would be good
Old 01-01-2006   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

The trade's not gonna come from SF if that happens, I think they're picking 3rd.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

why would them picking 3rd make the trade less likely to happen? heck..if they are picking third that would work out perfect.
Old 01-01-2006   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i think if san fran gives their 1 next year, no one would be complaining.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #7
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well the season is over.. we have the #1 pick.. and people are gonna be screaming BUUUUUUUSSSHHHH!!!!!!! for the next few months.

2. Our zone blocking scheme is starting to make our running game resemble Denver's. We have 3 guys that we can put behind our line (DD, Wells, Morency) and can expect that we will get at LEAST a "good" showin from our running game. Using our 1st rounder on Bush may not be necessary to have a good running game.

All that being said.. I would not mind in the least if we took Bush.. I think he could be a superstar.. and I think he could do VERY well here in Houston.

But I would not regret it if we didnt take him.. even if he became the next Barry Sanders I wouldnt regret it.. so long as the extra picks that we received jump started us into contention.. and made us a REAL NFL team.

I just wanted to get all of this out now, before the flood of "I CANT WAIT FOR REGGIE!" posts started.
BUUUUUUUSSSHHHH!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT FOR REGGIE! Our running game nor our passing has won games for us often. Our defense kept us going the first 3 yrs. in hopes that our offense would mature. It hasn't. The players we have are good , but have not produced enough to win. We need winners, not just decent guys. We need some Leadership.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Here is something to wrap your head around.. and start coming to terms with it now.

1. We arent THAT bad of a team.. we looked worse than we are.. a new (better) coaching staff will go a long way with the talent we already have. Bush is probably not NECESSARY to get this team to the playoffs.

3. San Francisco wants Bush....bad...real bad. They are going to end up with a top 10 pick.. possibly top 5. I would not be at all surprised if they offered us the farm for the #1 pick. If they offer their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.. that would give us 7 first day picks. That is 7 first day picks in a very deep OT draft. Those picks MAY do alot more towards fixing our team than Bush would.

I like this line of thought.

Bush unless there is a good package of picks/players that are able to improve the Texans is my personal vote.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #9
Yossarian
Rookie

SF has a pretty good running back in Gore, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to stick with him. I could see New Orleans, Arizona, and maybe the Jets being especially interested in Bush - among others.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #10
Gilly
Rookie

A top O-tackle, whoever we trade with's first pick (this year) and their 2nd and 3rd.This would get it done for me. Use the our new first round pick on another Olineman and go from there.
I love the idea of getting as many draft picks as possible, but if CC stays, that just gives him more picks to screw up.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

from a business perspective, no other pick or combination of picks will reinvigorate the public's interest in the Texans like taking Bush. He may or may not be the best pick to improve the team, but for sure he will improve the bottom line ($).

The day the Texans pick Bush, there will be about 100,000 Bush jersys sold...
And the stands will be full for every single game regardless of the teams record.

Last edited by michaelm; 01-02-2006 at 12:56 AM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read