Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: What are we gonna do with 1st pick!!!
Draft Reggie 38 50.00%
Draft another player 2 2.63%
trade down 36 47.37%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2006   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default What are we gonna do with the first pick?

What are we gonna do with the first pick in the draft?
Old 01-01-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are going to draft Bush. I want to trade down.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #3
Snapple
Veteran

I *optimistically* chose Trade Down, because that's what I want to have happen. However, I have a feeling that we will draft Bush.

Gonna be an interesting draft day, because I don't know what's gonna happen.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #4
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan
We have three solid backs in Davis,Wells, and Morency; we dont need Bush we linemen and defensive players.
Hear, hear! If he ain't an offensive line personnel, we don't need him.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the first pick we have the power in this draft. With RB and QB not being a need for us, I hope we trade down and load up on picks...If we stay at #1 and draft Bush I will probably literally have a heart attack.
Old 01-01-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
With the first pick we have the power in this draft. With RB and QB not being a need for us, I hope we trade down and load up on picks...If we stay at #1 and draft Bush I will probably literally have a heart attack.

Totally agree. We have way to many needs. We just lost to the Freaking 49ers for heavens sake!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #7
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan
We have three solid backs in Davis,Wells, and Morency; we dont need Bush we linemen and defensive players.
You speak the truth!!! Best statement I've heard on here in awhile!!!
Old 01-01-2006   #8
TexanFanInDenver
Rookie

Trade out of first and pass on Bush ONLY if:

1) Stay in the top 10
2) Get another third round pick
3) An extra first round pick next year
4) Pick up at least one SOLID OL F.A.
TexanFanInDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #9
Mathis13
Veteran

Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Re ggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Regg ie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie !!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!! Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Re ggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!Reggie!!
Mathis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The question asked is "What WILL we do(gonna)" and I think that will be to take Bush. If it were what "SHOULD we do" then I think it is a trade down, UNLESS we can address the O-line pretty well in FA. If we do well in FA, then take Bush, then the best tackle with the 2nd then a TE and then a OG. After that go Defense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #11
texplayer2
Veteran

1st pick: Reggie Bush
1st pick 2nd rnd,1st and 2nd pick third rnd,1st pick fourth rnd: Address some needs.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the problem.

Dom Davis: 5'9 216
V. Morency: 5'9 215
T Hollings: 5'10 216
Bush is 6'0 200 but likely can bulk up to about 215 or so

Notice a pattern here? We have Dom, Hollings, and Morency already who are essentially Reggie's size. Are we going to trade Dom? Are we giving up on Morency this early? If we take Bush we will have 4 backs around the same size. We might get rid of Hollings, but then we have 3 backs around the same size. Is this a good idea?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #13
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Here is the problem.

Notice a pattern here? We have Dom, Hollings, and Morency already who are essentially Reggie's size. Are we going to trade Dom? Are we giving up on Morency this early? If we take Bush we will have 4 backs around the same size. We might get rid of Hollings, but then we have 3 backs around the same size. Is this a good idea?
Yes. Versatility. Options. Depth.

Last edited by texplayer2; 01-01-2006 at 10:10 PM.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #14
CITY CAT
Veteran

According to the chronicle, team sources have indicated that they will pick Bush. I hope we can keep DD and use him as a Lendale White type player. Pick up O-line in later rounds.
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texplayer2
Yes. Versatility. Options. Depth.
Vesatility? How is there versatility with 4 people the same size? I can see having versatility if we had 2 around 215 and 2 around 240. but 4 at 215?

Options? Again. Same idea. Depth? ok i will concede this one, but i disagree with you on the other two.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is the problem.

you left out wells, that is one crowded backfield.
Old 01-01-2006   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
you left out wells, that is one crowded backfield.
Wells is a free agent. you gonna pay him a fat contract too
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #18
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Vesatility? How is there versatility with 4 people the same size? I can see having versatility if we had 2 around 215 and 2 around 240. but 4 at 215?

Options? Again. Same idea. Depth? ok i will concede this one, but i disagree with you on the other two.
size doesnt mean nearly as much as running style.

Davis and Bush are totally different runners. Morency is sort of a hybrid of both.
Old 01-02-2006   #19
PrivateG
Rookie

Talking

They all might be the same size but the biggest difference in the playmaker ability of one back. And that is Reggie Bush. Morency runs a 4.65 in the 40 and Davis runs 4.62 both times from the combines. Reggie Bush only runs 4.28 in the 40. The Texans can fix their needs through free agency and some in the draft. But tell me this. How good were the lineman Barry Sanders had in Detroit? Not good at all. Barry did almost everything with his ability. Just like Barry All Reggie Bush needs is everyone get a helmet on their man and he will take it to the house. The only way I can see tradeing down is if we get a better trade than Dallas got for Hershel Walker. Point Blank. But why should Texans fan for years to come say "Why did we trade away Reggie Bush." If you do want a lineman in the first round why not package up a deal with the first pick of the second round and the third rounder from Oakland for a late first rounder and take a tackle. But I do have to say the line did a better job the final 6 games of the year.

Bush in 06
PrivateG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #20
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Here is the problem.

A couple things:
1) I doubt Bush will get to 215, at least without losing a little mobility.
2) I don't see Tony Hollings being here next year, especially if Bush gets drafted, but even without Bush I'd say it's about a 90% chance he's gone.
3) Wells should stay even if we do get Bush, he is the only big RB we'd have even though he tries to run like an agile back rather than a power back, and he's a decent blocker and good on special teams.
4) We will not trade Domanick Davis, there is no reason to trade him, especially with the cap hit we'd take, and I don't see us giving up on Morency either. Out of Davis, Wells, Morency, and Bush, I'd say Bush is the least likely to be a Texan next year.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read