Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2006   #1
thague
Rookie

Default Kris Brown can't make a pressure kick

Yeah he's a decent kicker, and i know its horrible weather in san fran.. but this isnt the first time he's missed in the fourth quarter this year... he's gotta make one of these... but if he doesnt.. i guess we get the first pick...
thague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

he is the Team MVP he missed 2 easy game winners in 2 separate games. wow.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #3
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Kris Brown SUCKS.

I'm happy he missed the kick and happy we'll be getting Reggie Bush, but I'm deeply concerned about having such an incompetent, overpaid kicker like Brown next year. His performance over the last half of the season has been horrendous.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #4
samomin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
Kris Brown SUCKS.

I'm happy he missed the kick and happy we'll be getting Reggie Bush, but I'm deeply concerned about having such an incompetent, overpaid kicker like Brown next year. His performance over the last half of the season has been horrendous.
I agree. Now that most people have got their wish we should be thinking about having serious competition for Kris Brown. I don't know if we have brought any other kickers other than undrafted rookies in past TC.
Old 01-01-2006   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Has he sustained any injuries during the season? I thought I remember him getting dinged up at some point. I would be very surprised if a veteran wasn't brought in to at least challenge him during camp and the preseason.
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If you guys don't think that he's been missing a few here and there on purpose, then you gotta' be crazy.

He makes the ones he needed to make, and he's blown the ones he needed to miss.

And for all you who say that an NFL player wouldn't do it, or should be banned if he did...tough titty.

The dude has strategically placed us at No. 1 in the draft.

Love it or hate it.

But I think he and McNair are in cahoots. He IS a good kicker.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Brown makes it when I want him too and MISSES WHEN I WANT HIM TO.

I love that guy!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2006   #8
Dime
Hall of Fame

Every kicker makes plays and every kicker misses them. Get off him. He aint our problems.
Old 01-01-2006   #9
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Every kicker makes plays and every kicker misses them. Get off him. He aint our problems.

He is part of them!! And the team should look for a new kicker!! These missed FG will get into his head next year and will hurt the Texans next year!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
He is part of them!! And the team should look for a new kicker!! These missed FG will get into his head next year and will hurt the Texans next year!!
Boloney. Kris Brown has been one of the best in his time with the Texans. For whatever reason (wink, wink), he has had problems at the end of games lately. I still says he's one of the bright spots on this dismal team.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Trust me when I say this, after a 2-14 season Kris Brown is the LEAST of our problems and 10 years from now he is going to be known as the 2005 texans mvp.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 467 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

My, how soon we forget.

So let's say (for argument's sake) he didn't intentionally tank the last two games we lost because of a failed kick.

In that case, he STILL has won more games for us in pressure situations than he's lost.

Kris Brown is a good kicker and if you'll ask any coach in the league (oh, Parcells, for instance), you'll find that they're a hot commodity. Replacing Brown is the least of our concerns at this point. ?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #13
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Trust me when I say this, after a 2-14 season Kris Brown is the LEAST of our problems and 10 years from now he is going to be known as the 2005 texans mvp.
Did any one of you watch Kris' reaction to that kick? I did, intently (as did the cameraman). He was crushed. If you didn't realize, the wind was a factor in the near-clear.
I think he is a fine kicker, everyone misses sometime for many different reasons.

Dallas is out of the hunt!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
If you guys don't think that he's been missing a few here and there on purpose, then you gotta' be crazy.

He makes the ones he needed to make, and he's blown the ones he needed to miss.

And for all you who say that an NFL player wouldn't do it, or should be banned if he did...tough titty.

The dude has strategically placed us at No. 1 in the draft.

Love it or hate it.

But I think he and McNair are in cahoots. He IS a good kicker.
He is like the kids in South Park, they are so good that they can look bad when they want.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #15
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1291 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

We NEED to sign Chris Brown to an extension He has been one of the most accurate kickers in the league! It like "One of things you want to say hmmmm"!?
Old 01-01-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign Morten Andersen, he's free and he's doing 40īs and 50īs (57 yard his best so far in training this year)

If you want a cool, proven kicker that never gets psyched.. he's the guy
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kris has always had problems kicking in a windy place. That's why they let him go in Pit. Not sure about the Titanics game, but today was a windy stadium.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

we at least gotta bring someone else in. Now's the time to do it before this dude screws us up next season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #19
BWPaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
Kris Brown SUCKS.

that was the same thing Pittsburg said......but he (uhhhh we) sure has a fat wallet.....and after Bush06 gets to town, I bet he gets a raise

...is the NFL great or what

....signed Chris Brown's wife
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

I'll say this AGAIN.

Last time.

His stats put him as a top 10 kicker EXCEPT 1 category:

PAT. And whose fault is that?

Sure, he muffed two big kicks at the end of this season.

Do we fire every WR who rops a big pass? Every QB who throws a vital pick? No. Short term memory people, Kris has gotten us out of some sticky spots, and before yesterday, scored 46% of our points on the season.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read