Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2005   #1
bulldawgtexan
Rookie

Default Really irritating

I can't stand the fact that some "fans" actually would want the Texans to lose Sunday. It makes me sick. If you are a true fan, you want to win. Always. Who cares about the number one pick next year? Why not just lose every game next year so we can get the first pick again in 2007? No single college player can help a team that can't beat the 49ers. I would much rather finish the season with a victory.
bulldawgtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. People forget that it takes more than 1 player to win. Also, #1 pick or not, theres no guarantee on any college player.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't you read the 80 other posts relating to this topic? Yes, you are a true fan and I am a pathetic bottom dwelling PSL/Season ticket holder because I want the number one pick. I don't deserve to live and/or support this stellar team. You are the all-knowing, super fan, blah, blah, blah...
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I can understand people wanting the Texans to lose for the benefit in the draft. I dont think those people are bad fans by any means, because they have the Texans' best interests in mind. I just know that at 3:00 Sunday when the game kicks off, theres no possible way I'll be able to root against the Texans.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

RTP - I love this team more than anybody. Honestly, I don't even want to watch the game because I cannot actively recruit against them. That being said, I would rather lose this absolutely meaningless game because we can either: 1) draft a super stud rb; or 2) trade the pick for the super stud rb for a few more valuable draft picks. In a year from now, a win against SF will mean nothing. However, either of those options will go a long way in curing our ills.
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

After 15 games and 2 wins, it's hard to cheer about much other than a possible first pick. I was at the Jags game and I wanted us to win, but after that I really don't care if we win. I mean will I feel good on Monday if we're 3-13 rather than 2-14? No, but I still love the Texans and will be waiting for next season to start.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #7
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
RTP - I love this team more than anybody. Honestly, I don't even want to watch the game because I cannot actively recruit against them. That being said, I would rather lose this absolutely meaningless game because we can either: 1) draft a super stud rb; or 2) trade the pick for the super stud rb for a few more valuable draft picks. In a year from now, a win against SF will mean nothing. However, either of those options will go a long way in curing our ills.

Good point! Meaningless win or being rewarded for a loss!
That's a no brainer, which would be better off for our team in the long run!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2005   #8
Harrisment
Rookie

What's even more annoying is when someone creates a new thread for a topic that already has 25 other open threads and has beaten over the head countless times the last week. Some people want the team to lose Sunday to set us up for a better future, some want us to win and think those aren't true fans. We get it.
Harrisment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just gonna lay low, watch the game and take whatever is coming, being a win or a first pick.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

WAY to much sarcasm TEXAN friends!! Be proud, be loud, be whatever you choose to be tomorrow! Whether you're pulling for us to win or lose is your own business. I just want to see an HONEST hard fought game! If we win, we win, lose we lose, life will go on and the Texans will not be destined to football hell for the next 20 years if we don't get R. Bush!! All of you better be hoping we get the right coach/GM rather than worrying so much about RB. JMO!! Without those two KEY factors, the draft is a bust for us anyway.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgtexan
No single college player can help a team that can't beat the 49ers.
What makes you wrong about this is "Any Given Sunday." If the Pats could lose to Miami last year and then win the SB, then we can lose to San Fran. and not worry about it being as bad as that pick value is good. DD is out, Wells is out, and I think I heard that Morency is out. Our coaching staff is probably too dumb or hard-headed or whatever to do things like play Mathis and let Carr call the plays, so we could easily get lucky here and lose a game that we should win. Plus, it's on the road.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgtexan
I can't stand the fact that some "fans" actually would want the Texans to lose Sunday. It makes me sick. If you are a true fan, you want to win. Always. Who cares about the number one pick next year? Why not just lose every game next year so we can get the first pick again in 2007? No single college player can help a team that can't beat the 49ers. I would much rather finish the season with a victory.
You think it's bad now, watch what happens if we come out of the gate 0-2 next year. I'm not going to tell somebody whether they're a fan or not, because everybody's different, but wanting your team to lose for a freaking draft pick is just pathetic in my book. And maybe this last game is a little different. I'm mean I'm in a if they win that's great, if they lose thank God the season's over mode. But some of these people have been eyeing the #1 since week 8 or earlier. I've got it, let's tank next year as well and then we can have Bush AND Vince. Wait, if we tank in '07 as well, we can have Vince, Reggie and whoever..........

Sorry, that's a loser mentallity as far as I'm concerned. I don't care for losing.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Betcha liked having Olajuwon, though, didn't ya?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Betcha liked having Olajuwon, though, didn't ya?
Wherever you fall in the draft is where you fall. I don't root for my team to lose to get a freaking draft POSITION. I like having AJ and Dunta too. Guess what, I don't remember anyone wanting to lose to get those guys. But you go ahead and keep rooting for losing. Like I said, I don't subscribe to that mentallity.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think that this season has special circumstances.

1) If this was last year or the year before, then I would say that winning every game that is possible would be the best scenario. After all, we were still in "expansion team mode" and every win was valuable because they were confidence boosters and helped the team gain credibility. But we are no longer just an expansion team. This is our 4th season and now we are a regular team like everyone else in the league. Improving our record each year was the goal of our first 3 years as an expansion team, but now our goal is to make the playoffs and we failed miserably. Getting 3 wins rather than 2 might have been something of importance to us 2 and 3 years ago, but now it is just a terrible season and makes no difference.

2) The whole going out on a win and getting momentum idea is not applicable for us because we are going through a regime change starting Monday. As of Tuesday, our team will be a clean slate. We will be searching for a new coach, new coordinators, and possibly a new GM. We will have a lot of roster changes and will be getting rid of a bunch of the players who are holding us back.

3) This is a special draft. If you like Basketball, this is a LeBron James or Michael Jordan draft. If you like Hockey, this is a Mario Lemieux or Sidney Crosby draft. If you like Baseball, this is an Alex Rodriguez draft. Drafts are all based on potential, and Reggie Bush has the potential to be one of the better backs in NFL history. I'm not saying that he is going to be one of the greatest, but he has the potential to be, you draft on potential since nothing is guaranteed, and no one else at their respective position is being touted at the same level.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 21772 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i agree
Old 12-31-2005   #17
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
This is NOT a meaningless game. This is a very important one. Last year the Texans seemed to have a lot of momentum going into the last game of the season, then were blasted by lowly Cleveland and of course had no opportunity to redeem themselves the next week. The result was the slide you see them in now. The Texans need to go out and win this game if possible to help their self esteem as a team going into the off season. Also ask yourselves how much the 1st pick helped the 49ers this year.

Last edited by A Texan; 12-31-2005 at 03:10 PM.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How about we ask how much the first pick helped the Colts when they had it 8 or 9 years ago?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

This argument is ridiculous. I'm just going to come out and say it:
If you are a Texans fan and you are not rooting for them to get the # 1 pick in the draft, then you are a moron. Case closed.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #20
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic
This argument is ridiculous. I'm just going to come out and say it:
If you are a Texans fan and you are not rooting for them to get the # 1 pick in the draft, then you are a moron. Case closed.
Case not closed. You're not really a Texans fan.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read