Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2005   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default what compensation would be get for Carr..

if somebody matches the offer we give Carr and sign him what compensation do we get from the team?
Old 12-30-2005   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston
if somebody matches the offer we give Carr and sign him what compensation do we get from the team?
I though that only happened if you were a restricted FA. In that event it would be a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder in the upcoming draft or something else if worked out prior to the deal.
Old 12-30-2005   #3
kenneth24
Veteran

I don't believe anyone can match what the Texans offer Carr because he is not a restricted or unrestricted free agent. His contract stipulates that he gets a $8 million bonus for being on the roster as of a certain day. Basically if the Texans don't want to pay him that amount of money, they would then cut him and he would then be a free agent and at that point I'm not sure if we would get any compensation for him because I think he would be an unrestricted free agent.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This is still his rookie deal.....Carr is not a FA, and there is nothing to match.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they don't offer him a bonus can't he negotiate with other teams . Then the Texans can match the offer .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't some new contract. This is his rookie deal, so we either kick in the final years or we don't. If we don't he is a FA.....trust me, it won't come to that and we will not allow another team to dictate the terms and conditions of the contract language and future pay out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What if Mr. Reeves tells Bob Carrs he's no Elway ? What if Reeves suggest not to pay Carr ? I think theres a 30 % chance this happens .

Round Dan
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2005   #8
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I doubt that. Reeves express like for Carr when he was drafted. I doubt his opinion of him has fallen at all considering the team that we have assembled around him. I mean who in their right minds builds a franchise without addressing the trenches. It is the heart of a football team. Just boggles my mind. Damn Casserly.
Old 12-30-2005   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

:brickwall I'm not agaist Carr , if he's not the future QB we're set back farther.

What if CCs a little right and there is a little more OL talent than meets the eye ? I think the OL problems is mass confusion in the schemes . Its like defense can't play because their to busy reading their keys . I think the Texans have some talent on the OL but their trying to fit a round peg into a sqare hole . KISS ( keep it simple stupid ) would be much better for this group .

Round Dan
Old 12-30-2005   #10
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I agree we do have some talent, and some guys are out of posistion mainly because we have not addressed the needs. Riley should have never played for this team and it ashame that he did. Pitts is a Tackle and has always been, McKinney is a Guard, we really have no C, Weigert is solid. Wade is a 30M joke that is slow footed and has been that way since he was drafted. He was never very solid in the passing game. As I see it we are two or 3 OLs away from being a good group. We run block very well, and all we need are some guys that will take pride in what they do.
Old 12-30-2005   #11
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
If they don't offer him a bonus can't he negotiate with other teams . Then the Texans can match the offer .
If the Texans don't sign Carr, when he gets another offer he should tell the Texans to kiss his *** no matter what they offer. He deserves his 8 mil after the bull they've been putting him through..
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read