Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2005   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I asked Broncos board about Kubiak as a HC

I went fishing at the Broncos message board, especially since they're all pretty happy about their team right now. I figured they'd be more willing to talk about something with a Texans fan now rather than when they get beat in the playoffs.

My question to them was about Kubiak and if he'd make a good head coach.

Most of them agreed that he should try and make the jump to HC right now, especially after this year's success. Most of them agreed that they don't want him to go away....yet they don't really agree on whether the success on offense is to Kubiak's or Shanahan's credit. Even more, some of them think that Kubiak is really conservative and that Jake's success is more-so Kubiak LIMITING the high-risk/high-reward playcalls in favor of keeping Jake from making mistakes. The last poster said he thinks Kubiak could easily turn Carr's career around.

Here's the link. Hope it works.

http://www.forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=49911&page=2&pp=15
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #2
SESupergenius

I agree with that, but most people can't see that our defense is as bad if not worse than our offense. With the talent level we have on defense and more than likely a switch the 4-3 defense, I can't see our defense getting any better, especially if we using the #1 pick on Bush.
Old 12-29-2005   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything is better than what we have now. I am serious when I say we should see what Jerry Glanvile is up to.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #4
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Anything is better than what we have now. I am serious when I say we should see what Jerry Glanvile is up to.
OH NO!!! :brickwall
SteelBlueToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way that's gonna happen. Glanville insulted Houston football fans after he left the Oilers. He would be a way to go from garbage football to contending, though, although he'll NEVER get anyone a trophy.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #6
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
BTW, he is the DC for June Jones at Hawai'i.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Defensive coordinator at the University of Hawaii...
Old 12-29-2005   #8
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Glanville?!

haha...uh. Yeah. Or how 'bout PARDEE. That worked out great.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Personally I would like to see Kubiak take the reigns here. Bring his O-line coach Dennison who is the protege of Alex Gibbs. Then keep Hoke or sign Mike Singletary as DC, I would even take a look at bringing in the guy from UT Chizik I think his name is. Marciano stays as ST coach. Kubiak is not overly conservative either unless he feels his QB cannot make the plays he likes to call without making a mistake. He will simply love Carr's athleticism and arm. It would be a nice thing to see.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read