Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2005   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Mike Singletary for D-Coordinator..

I decided that this thread would be a pretty good one.. i seen a poster put an article, that gave background on Singletary and his Texas bloodline and his love for Houston Football..

What do you think of Mike Singletary..

I WOULD LOOOOVE TO HAVE HIM.. D-Coordinator...
Old 12-29-2005   #2
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Loved him as a player, not too sure about his coaching abilities though.
Old 12-29-2005   #3
HeartofHouston
Veteran

wasnt he LB coach with the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl..

I believe that's right...
Old 12-29-2005   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

Yes he was and he is now the LB coach with the 49ers if I am not mistaken. The guy is a class act, but not yet sure if he is ready to step up to Coordinator we will see. I like him and would love to have him or Hoke in the spot.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Nope, your not mistaken, he's the Assistant Head Coach and Linebackers Coach 49ers. I'd give him an interview at DC.

Last edited by Wharton; 12-29-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we will get a good look at him this Sunday.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, we could really use him on the field.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2005   #8
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Interesting!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #9
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

He was an awesome player in college, Baylor I believe, and no one can deny his carreer in Chicago. I do believe he would make one heck of Defensive Coordinator.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton
Nope, your not mistaken, he's the Assistant Head Coach and Linebackers Coach 49ers. I'd give him an interview at DC.
Strange combination...like he is being trained to be a head caoch while still a position coach. I wonder will someone fast track him given this sort of position and his pedigree as a player.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Strange combination...like he is being trained to be a head caoch while still a position coach. I wonder will someone fast track him given this sort of position and his pedigree as a player.
He would certainly command all the respect he deserves.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I will BUY him as our DC next year. Who better to teach and show someone how to do something? This guy has done it as a player and a coach, and has the ring to prove it.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

The best part of it is that he will likely keep us in the 3-4. I love the defense played it in HS and in College. It is one hell of a defense when played correctly. Damn Fangio making this board think that his defense is anything close to a 3-4.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #14
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Thinking more about Singletary, He's just the personality it would take to snap our current players out of their funk and possibly see an immediate impact. I certainly don't think the defense is as bad as it would appear, with a little healthy Killer LB mentality.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read