Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-29-2005   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default TV Coverage Map: End of Season Week 17

CBS Singleheader (Welcome Utah! Sorry again Austin/SA, Corpus looks good!)

FOX Doubleheader, Game 1:

FOX Doubleheader, Game 2:

Quote:
When are the maps updated?
Usually Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon for that weekend's games. Updates and corrections on Friday if needed.

What do the white areas mean?
Welcome to the world of blackout rules. The short answer is: no game at all. This can be due to one of two rules: a) no games can air at the same time as a local team's home game on another network, or b) if a game is blacked out because it doesn't sell out, the network with the doubleheader can only show one game. I don't agree with them either.
http://www.gribblenation.net/personal/jp/2005maps.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on in Utah, Washington, and Nevada...but not the rest of Texas
Old 12-29-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
I'm guessing Utah because of Alex Smith, Washington because of the NFC West, and Arizona because the Bush Bowl will be great to gamble on.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #4
profan
Veteran

Looks like Victoria gets screwed again. I will not be watching any more cbs games this season. I'll retreat to by backyard with a few beers and listen to the radio. CBS SUCKS!
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Old 12-30-2005   #6
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

finally!!!! i love corpus and CBS now!!! well thats a lie, but im EXCITED
Old 12-30-2005   #7
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Well it looks like sports bar here I come.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2005   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
This may or may not be the reason - it's more likely due to a player as mentioned above - but there are parts of Texas that are closer to Utah and Nevada than to other parts of Texas.

I have relatives up north and every once in a while I get this "I hear it's snowing in Texas" message (someplace like Amarillo) and while I'm out sweating my *** off mowing the lawn I have to tell them the story about Amarillo being closer to parts of South Dakota, Wyoming and Utah than it is to Houston; or El Paso being closer to San Diego than Houston; or Lubbock being closer to Denver than Houston.

Last edited by aj.; 12-30-2005 at 07:57 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I'm guessing Utah because of Alex Smith, Washington because of the NFC West, and Arizona because the Bush Bowl will be great to gamble on.
Perhaps you're confusing Arizona with Nevada, because according to the map the game is not gonna be telecast in any part of Arizona. That's NE Nevada
where the Utah factor for the SF rookie QB is spilling over.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious about the Miami-New England nugget in the Midland-Odesolate, Ft Stockton, Alpine markets...

Zach Thomas was from Pampa and went to Tech but that's further north in the red. There must be someone from Sul Ross on a roster somewhere.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read