Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2005   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fortune shines on Morency?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/3553435.html

"Meanwhile, backup Jonathan Wells, an unrestricted free agent in the offseason, is trying to put together an impressive finish despite a thigh bruise that's roughly the size of a football.

Wells will be evaluated daily this week, leaving open the possibility that rookie Vernand Morency will make his first start. Morency is trying to prove he is ready for a larger role next year or enhance his chances of being traded"

Oh dear oh dear, I'm getting real excited!! 4 quarters of Morency, at last we get to try our rookie turbo-engine in a game!!
Morency reminds me of a puppie, waaaay too much energy and a will to please and play
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #2
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, He may single handedly win this game for us..
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #3
monty0252006
Rookie

Thumbs up it is time

been looking for this guy to step up to the plate, he has outstanding speed, agility, and power, brings a tear to my eye when i see him run the ball, reminded me of a young Earl Campbell
monty0252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

About friggin time. Just in time for evaluation by the consultant and future HC. Light 'em up Morency.

Interestingly, from the same article...

Quote:
Houston connection
San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary grew up in Houston and starred at Baylor before being drafted by Chicago in 1981. Asked Wednesday about his childhood memories of Houston, Singletary said, "Family. Family's one thing that was always important.

"I had a lot of wonderful experiences in Houston. And Houston is a football town. A lot of great talent has come through there, whether it's on the pee wee or professional level, whatever."
Hmm... future DC? Sorry, didn't want to hijack the thread.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So do you guys believe Wells will catch on somewhere else or we will trade Morency if we end up with the #1 pick?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #6
monty0252006
Rookie

Lightbulb Dam if you do, Dam if you don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
So do you guys believe Wells will catch on somewhere else or we will trade Morency if we end up with the #1 pick?
trading morency would be a mistake, trying wells at FB would be good, allowing him to backup any RB positon holder. I believe nobody what's to feel as if they are no essential to a program so it will all fall on who is coaching next year, not capers

Last edited by monty0252006; 12-29-2005 at 10:30 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
monty0252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Morency will be a good, cheap backup to DD and/or Bush. I see Wells possibly staying for one more season IF Bush does not land in H-town.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2005   #8
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think it all depends on if we draft Bush or not. If we do though I would like to keep Wells maybe use him as TE and fullback and reserve rb. I know it might sound crazy but I think Wells would be a great tight end. He can run, he can catch, and he can block. Given reps I know he would excel in that position. Morency I understand this is a business and he hasn't been utilized this season at all, I can sympathise with his decision. If Bush came here he would have Bush and Davis in front of him. Playing time would be scarce, I think the trade would be dissappointing if it were to happen, but on the other hand the team would get something in return. Like I've said this looks to be an interesting offseason.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

I'm a big fan of Wells, but I am not sure he is big enough?
Old 12-29-2005   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's wrong with Moran Norris?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I also saw more success with our passing offense when Wells comes out of the backfield as receiver from the FB position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Wells, I hope he stays, but I am glad Morency is getting a shot to prove what he can do.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I need him to justify what I considered to be a WASTE of a pick on him considering we need major o-line help and spent a 3rd on him instead of drafting any o-line till the 5th round and he hasn't played any significant role at all this year.

Just another stone to what was one of the worst drafts i've seen
Old 12-29-2005   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think all three of our RBs will stay. Moran Norris is a good blocking FB so I don't see Wells taking over as our main guy there, although he is a big back and more of a runner than Norris so we could put him back there in certain formations and situations to be a blocker and more of a running/receiving threat than Norris is out of the backfield. Morency is in the same mold as Davis, although I think he is a little faster straight line speed, and I think he can be just as effective as Davis once he learns to just run rather than dancing around so much, although he was getting better at that the last game or two. Either way we just used a 3rd round pick on him so I bet he stays, and hopefully the coaches next year will sub him in for Davis for 4-6 runs a game and give him some rest so he doesn't wear out his knees again. Tony Hollings on the other hand is likely on his way out, unless he shows us something really special this weekend in the event that Wells can't play and the RB duties are left to Morency and Hollings.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

What good is a blocking FB if we rarely use him? I like Moran Norris and all, but he's not used in this scheme. Maybe in next years he can get on the field.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on the radio tonight as I went home that Morency was sent home with "Flu like symptoms" today and the guy on the radio (Mark Vandameer?) was saying that Hollings might get the start. It was idle speculation but I'm not planning on seeing Morency all day Sunday (though I'd like to).
Old 12-29-2005   #17
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Neither will happen...it will be the first signs of Hollings getting the boot on the way out of the door to the stadium. So we would have Bush, Davis, Wells and Morency vs our current back situation of Davis, wells, morency and hollings.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I could see us getting rid of Hollings, moving Wells to FB, and then having the depth chart as Bush/Davis, Morency
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I could see us getting rid of Hollings, moving Wells to FB, and then having the depth chart as Bush/Davis, Morency
Wells isn't a full-time FB, and people have complained on these boards earlier in the year about his blocking skills, or lack thereof, so I doubt he becomes a FB as Moran Norris is pretty solid at the position when they use him. I can't imagine Hollings remaining here next year but who knows, the Texans have done more surprising things than that in the past. I won't comment on Bush being in our depth chart next year.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I heard on the radio tonight as I went home that Morency was sent home with "Flu like symptoms" today and the guy on the radio (Mark Vandameer?) was saying that Hollings might get the start. It was idle speculation but I'm not planning on seeing Morency all day Sunday (though I'd like to).
No, that's horrible news. I too would like to see Hollings but man... I REALLY want to see Morency for 4 quarters!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read