Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: I'll be satisfied with the Texans (pick answer that is most complete)
if they replace Capers, Casserly, and Carr. 1 1.00%
if they replace Capers and Casserly. 48 48.00%
if they replace Capers. 13 13.00%
if they replace Casserly. 8 8.00%
if they replace Carr. 1 1.00%
if they replace at least some coordinators and position coaches. 6 6.00%
no matter what they do (the blind faith approach). 23 23.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2005   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Will you support Texans if they keep Capers, Casserly, Carr?

I'd like to find out under what conditions board members will happily continue to support the Texans next year. Most of us will at least follow the team and keep our fingers crossed no matter what McNair does, but this is a question of what action within management's grasp would satisfy you that McNair is moving hard enough and fast enough toward righting this badly listing ship.

So: under which conditions will you happily continue to support the Texans, which means buying tickets and other Texans products, attending games, watching on TV, rooting for them, etc.

[My first poll--hope it works.]
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

i think that if your posting on this board, youll still follow. only difference would be youd be %$@% about stuff a lot more.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

You gave a lot of options and I still can't answer. I might be OK with Capers AND Casserly staying, but it would take sure-fire, no doubt coordinators and Capers keeping his mind on the D and his stupidity off of the O. It would also take McNair being less trusting of both of them in the future, which I do believe is going to be the case. I'd much rather we at least get rid of Capers.

I will definitely not give up on this team for keeping Casserly FOR NOW.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. I'd still be a fan.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will continue to support the Texans no matter what - but I won't be happy about it. In fact, I would probably take it as a personal affront should coaches and gm keep their jobs. I will happily eat those words if, next year, those kept in the Texan organization prove me wrong and have a half-way decent season.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #6
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I voters for at capers and cass to be gone. Now I'll give Cass one more year but I didn't want capers here in the first place and he's done nothing to change my dislike of him other than beating the cowboys (which i still love.)

That being said he's GOT to go. I can stomach cass and carr one more year but after next year their on the block as well.
Old 12-29-2005   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, but I would be a bitter and pessimistic little fellow.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2005   #8
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Other:

Capers is a must go or I wont be on these boards next season.
We definantly need a proven OL/DL coach.
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #9
monty0252006
Rookie

Lightbulb any oppose

for a scouting staff as tiring as casserly and assoc., i am pretty sure that we can only do better, can somebody please explain to me what that position requires, apparently with the scouting of buchannon, just for name sake, we could have found the bone-head of the season scouting coach award winning with casserly, and coach capers, might need to take some of his own meds, like a few vitamin D-motions. put me in coach
monty0252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Yes, but I would be a bitter and pessimistic little fellow.
Ditto - Also, if I pay my money, I get to grip about a loosing team!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

No matter what I will always be a Texans fan. I've signed up for the waiting list for season tickets next year. However, I won't make that purchase if Capers is retained as head coach. I just won't pay all that money to watch a Capers coached team. If he does stay, I will still support them 100%. I'll just watch all the games on TV.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #12
Doug
All Pro

I'll support this team no matter what...I'l just be in a bad mood all the time. :brickwall
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ah - you rigged the poll a little... the title notes "will you support..." then the actual poll notes, "I'll be satisfied with...." Personally, that would've gave me two different answers...

First, I'll support regardless - as you noted, the blind homer aspect. As for what I'd be satisfied with, it'd be Cass and Capers out... but then I went with what would be the minimal selection for me to be satisfied, and went with Capers.

Casserly and his extensive scouting group given one more offseason to show they're better than a "4 game film review" and then Carr to show in his 2 or 3 year extension that he's better with correct play calling and improved coaching and pass blocking.... if that happens. If not, bringing in his backup to challenge for the starter's role.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #14
monty0252006
Rookie

Lightbulb we all agree

I have been a Texans fan, the only fan at NAS OCEANA last year, and will continue to be one. I love this city, the fan base, the attitude, atmosphere, and oh yea the team. New Year's Resolution, WE NEED A MORE DEPENDABLE COACHING STAFF to represent the true Heart of the TEXANS
monty0252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I said replacing Capers, BUT

even if we kept him, I can't imagine us giving up our season tickets. I think the only way we'd easily give up our tickets is if we moved to another state (which is possible this summer).
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #16
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I'll support this team no matter what...I'l just be in a bad mood all the time. :brickwall
Same here. But it probably won't keep me in the stands till the end of the game if nothing is done. Certainly waiting to see what happens this year after the game against SF then the draft...
Old 12-29-2005   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd stay as a fan no matter what.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Oh yea and we all know the YOU KNOW ITS BAD thread won't be put to bed if capers isn't AT LEAST gone.
Old 12-29-2005   #19
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Now I dont think Casserly is going anywhere, but Capers is on his way out. I would like to see more of a shake up, but the coach gets canned first then the GM that is how it works in the NFL. So if we suck next year which I doubt Casserly is likely gone. We will see though.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #20
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

I will support my Texans no matter who is still here. But I think we are in store for at least a coaching change and hope Casserly is part of the house cleaning too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read