Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2005   #1
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Default Please no more tank talk

Yes, if the Texans lose Sunday, they'll obviously be in line to draft Reggie Bush. But though the fans might care about that, the players don't. So please, no talk about Houston tanking the game.
Old 12-28-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

You just did.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
It's too bad more people can't be as supportive as you are. I for one am tired of the, "Let's lose to get Bush." bull*****. REAL FANS would never root for something like that.
Apparently, you don't work well with others.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I guess being supportive is a negative issue on this message board.
Au contraire; being supportive of the team, other fans, and the city in general is always in vogue. Insinuating that someone else is not a REAL fan simply because they don't share the same opinion as you is not being supportive, however. We all want the team to do well - some people just have different ideas on how to get from point A to point B.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #5
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
You just did.
I guess I am tired people and their conspiracy theories.

Old 12-28-2005   #6
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
I guess being supportive is a negative issue on this message board.
No, it's just that some people see getting a crap load of picks OR Bush as being a better situation for the franchise rather than beating a SF team and losing all those picks OR Bush.

Ask yourself one question honestly - for this week and this week ONLY - do you think Bob McNair wants to win THIS particular game? Don't read anything into this other than the question itself. Does McNair want to win THIS game?
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Au contraire my ***. I admit, the differences in opinions is rampant throughout this message board, which is what makes this place so cool. But hoping for a loss because people have a man-crush on Bush is not being supportive for the team. Being passionate about losing or winning is one thing, wanting to lose is another. That's my problem.
I understand your issue completely. I share your frustration, actually. I do not want the #1 overall pick either. The point I was making is too many people also decide, as if they are the Only True Fan (tm) that their views are correct and everyone that does not share that view is being a bad fan/not supportive/whatever. That behavior, exhibited just as frequently on these boards, is just as frustrating and annoying to many.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2005   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Mr McNair is a business man first and a fan second. He's gonna do what's financially the wisest and what his fellow co-owners suggest. It's not weather we agree on this that it's right or wrong, it's just the sad facts of financial investment. With all do respect to all feelings involved.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #9
dsdamaged
Rookie

i really dont think it matters how many fans of either team would like to tank a game. trust me there are plenty on my side of the country who are still upset we beat the rams. the fact is i seriously doubt there is one single player or coach from either team who gives a rats patooty about the upcoming draft at this point. too many players are still playing for a job next year, incentive clauses, and personal stats to improve their bargaining power for free agency. as well as coaches whose livelyhood depends on W,s and L,s...i understand that your coach might be a lame duck at this point but a win sunday could only help his future employment oppertunities, losing yet again could only hurt. i dont get to excited about what the fans want from either of our teams concerning the effort they will bring sunday. the fact is the players and coaches have their own agenda, and trying to lose wont enter into it for either team. good luck next week, hope you get the outcome you want, for me it will be you guys getting the first pick.
dsdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2005 Texans are considered a failure whether their 2-14 or 3-13 . The league and other NFL fans won't applaud our valor if we win the last game . They 'll probably look at us as a bunch of dumbasses who could 'nt even do that right .
Old 12-28-2005   #11
DRAMA
All Pro

I do not ever want to draft #1 - except for this year.
I do not ever want to lose another game - except for this one.
I do not ever want to be in this position again...

However, right now, we are here. Right now - the whole nation, Bob McNair, EVERY media, ex-football analyst, writer, newscaster in the freaking universe knows that it would be better (FORGET BUSH for now!!) to have the option of reloading an ENTIRE TEAM (If we trade down and pull a Hershel) rather than winning a meaningless game.

The difference of opinion is this -

We win always.
We win always....except for THIS game which could restock an entire franchise!

Next year - would we be happier with a win over SF or would we be happier watching a handful of high draft picks (Assuming we didn't draft Bush) trying their best to become stars.

Nobody's right or wrong - just an extreme difference of opinion.
Old 12-28-2005   #12
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The 2005 Texans are considered a failure whether their 2-14 or 3-13 . The league and other NFL fans won't applaud our valor if we win the last game . They 'll probably look at us as a bunch of dumbasses who could 'nt even do that right .
It has nothing to do with what other people think about the Texans. It is about what the Texans are made of. A true competitor would NEVER lose on purpose. While I think it is in our best interests long-term to actually lose Sunday, I can't actually pull for us to lose once the game begins. I will be waving my red towel pulling for a Texans win on Sunday.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I love my relatives. I also root for my old relatives to die so that I can collect money from their will.

I'm a good family man. I also root for bad things to happen to my offspring and spouses so that I can collect life insurance.

I'm a man of high morals. Sometimes, I kidnap other people's pets so I can collect the reward money.

I'm a loyal Texans fan. I also hope the Texans put forth a disastrous game so that we can draft Bush.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #14
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

That, My friends, is why people that make the decisions get the big bucks. You gotta make the decisions that are the wisest and not necessarily the most popular.
Old 12-28-2005   #15
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
That, My friends, is why people that make the decisions get the big bucks. You gotta make the decisions that are the wisest and not necessarily the most popular.
To beat the ones to the punch, I didn't say or mean that the decisions made have been wise. Just hopefully the ones TO BE MADE.
Old 12-28-2005   #16
DRAMA
All Pro

The good thing is that on Monday, we'll all be having a different argument on a slightly different topic!
Old 12-28-2005   #17
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Biggest game in Texans history coming up. WE MUST LOSE!!
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Listen to how that sounds: WE MUST LOSE!!!

Frankly I don't ever wanna be a fan of a team that would forfeit being competitive for an uncertainty of the future. I haven't seen The Texans on TV since the Baltimore game and that is because they are losing. You wanna lose that is how you get treated. I would like to see my team play hard to win as a reward for still being a fan after this season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been to a game where the Oilers have to beat the Browns to get into the playoffs . It was Christmas of 89 and the roads were icing over but the Dome was full . We were up until Kosar led the Browns to a TD with 55 seconds to go . No win No playoffs ouch !!

This next game is the total opposite nothing to gain by winning alot to gain by losing .
Old 12-28-2005   #20
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

Quote:
Please no more tank talk
You'll have to talk to Mr. Casserly about that...

See Mr. Casserly
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read