Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-26-2005   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Which Team is the Biggest Surprise for you this Year?

Things haven't gone as I predicted this year for sure. Never thought my Texans would be in the hunt for the first pick of the draft. But with all that said, allot of big surprises this year. Washington kicking butt, NE off to a shaky start, Indy went for a chance to be undefeated, SD not even in the playoffs, along with Atlanta and others.

Which team is the biggest surprise to you this year? Either up or down.

Mine would be the San Diego Chargers. I thought they would push for the AFC playoffs for sure...
Old 12-26-2005   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta say the Texans at 2-13 is the biggest surprise to me. NE is no surprise at all because they had to drop off eventually and the Colts are doing exactly what I expected (sadly).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Chicago Bears.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #4
Holden135
Veteran

The BENGALS with a good team. That hasn't happened since Boomer was on the field.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #5
DraconisRex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Things haven't gone as I predicted this year for sure. Never thought my Texans would be in the hunt for the first pick of the draft. But with all that said, allot of big surprises this year. Washington kicking butt, NE off to a shaky start, Indy went for a chance to be undefeated, SD not even in the playoffs, along with Atlanta and others.

Which team is the biggest surprise to you this year? Either up or down.

Mine would be the San Diego Chargers. I thought they would push for the AFC playoffs for sure...

The Texans. I thought you guys were better than this and were going to be serious wild-card contenders, but ultimately falling short as you weren't quite there yet.
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconisRex
The Texans. I thought you guys were better than this and were going to be serious wild-card contenders, but ultimately falling short as you weren't quite there yet.
You and most of the Texans loyalist thought this way. For what ever reason, and there are MANY, it hasn't worked out as it seemed it should.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

My top 10 surprise teams in order:
1) Chicago 11-4 (I predicted about 5-11 or 6-10)
2) Miami 8-7 (I predicted about 3-13 or 4-12)
3) Houston 2-13 (I predicted about 7-9 or 8-8)
4) Cincinnati 11-4 (I predicted about 8-8 or 9-7)
5) Philadelphia 6-9 (I predicted about 12-4 or 13-3)
6) Green Bay 3-12 (I predicted about 8-8 or 9-7)
7) Seattle 13-2 (I predicted about 9-7 or 10-6)
8) Baltimore 6-9 (I predicted about 10-6 or 11-5)
9) Washington/Dallas 9-6 (I predicted about 5-11 or 6-10)
10) Buffalo 5-10 (I predicted about 9-7 or 10-6)
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2005   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79189 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
My top 10 surprise teams in order:
1) Chicago 11-4 (I predicted about 5-11 or 6-10)
2) Miami 8-7 (I predicted about 3-13 or 4-12)
3) Houston 2-13 (I predicted about 7-9 or 8-8)
4) Cincinnati 11-4 (I predicted about 8-8 or 9-7)
5) Philadelphia 6-9 (I predicted about 12-4 or 13-3)
6) Green Bay 3-12 (I predicted about 8-8 or 9-7)
7) Seattle 13-2 (I predicted about 9-7 or 10-6)
8) Baltimore 6-9 (I predicted about 10-6 or 11-5)
9) Washington/Dallas 9-6 (I predicted about 5-11 or 6-10)
10) Buffalo 5-10 (I predicted about 9-7 or 10-6)
Wow, you expected the Giants to win the NFL East?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #9
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Wow, you expected the Giants to win the NFL East?
No I didn't, but it's not that big of a surprise to me that they are 10-5. I predicted more of a 7-9 or 8-8 but their season isn't that big of a surprise seeing how their younger guys have improved. Even at 10-5 though I had expected the Eagles to have another stellar season but obviously that hasn't happened.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #10
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Call me a , but I never expected the Texans to be this bad. Neither did the networks apparently, since we actually got on TV this year.

Other teams have had success or struggles that maybe I didn't fully expect, but the Texans going 2-13 - no I didn't see that coming at all.

Just a couple weeks ago I said I could see them winning their last three, so obviously my rose colored glasses are about as thick as coke bottles. Stevie Wonder will be driving before I qualify as a Texan's prognosticator.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Tampa Bay.

I saw a 2004 repeat.

Texans, Philly, and Chicago are next.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i didnt expect the packers to fall flat. with all of the injuries, i cant blame them one bit, but that's my suprise. (favre's first ever losing season ... and it's a biggun).
Old 12-27-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest negative surprise: Texans

Biggest positive surprise: Bears
Old 12-27-2005   #14
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

For me it's Houston, I thought they would make a run at a playoff spot this year. Man was I wrong. But they will make a run sooner or later.

In second would be Seattle. I thought they were good last year but I never thought they would be as good as they have been.

And third would be the Bengals. Last year I never would have imagined they would have the record they do now.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I never expected the Chicago Bears to get a first round bye in the playoffs.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #16
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I say Da Bears!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #17
MarleyFan
Veteran

My Raiders, I wasn't expecting the Super Bowl "but soon to be 4-12, comon now"!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
My Raiders, I wasn't expecting the Super Bowl "but soon to be 4-12, comon now"!

I've heard Norv is as good as gone. He's a GREAT OC but lacking as HC somehow. He's too nice a guy I think. Kind of a younger Coach Capers.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Texans, Eagles and Bears.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read