Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-26-2005   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Deangelo Williams, RB from Memphis

If anyone is interested, this kid is an awesome running back as far as production goes. He is on TV, ESPN now playing Akron. He has No O-Line to run behind, sound familiar? But has put up some extreme numbers. He is projected a first round draft pick in this year's draft...
Old 12-26-2005   #2
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
If anyone is interested, this kid is an awesome running back as far as production goes. He is on TV, ESPN now playing Akron. He has No O-Line to run behind, sound familiar? But has put up some extreme numbers. He is projected a first round draft pick in this year's draft...
Not very impressive thus far....been watching the game from the start...not much to write home about in any case.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Best RB in the draft.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #4
Holden135
Veteran

He is not the best RB in the draft. The level of competition he has ran against is very minimal. Im not saying he isn't a first rounder i just don't think he is the best in the draft.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
He is not the best RB in the draft. The level of competition he has ran against is very minimal. Im not saying he isn't a first rounder i just don't think he is the best in the draft.
His team is not very talented either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maroney is the best back available.
Old 12-26-2005   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
So if you put Reggie Bush on Memphis' team, his numbers would be that much better than what Williams has done? Keep in mind Williams is coming up on the NCAA record for most career 100 yard games.
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2005   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

And speaking of "minimal competition", have you seen the rush defenses that Bush has played against this year?
Old 12-26-2005   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
And speaking of "minimal competition", have you seen the rush defenses that Bush has played against this year?
Amen!!
Old 12-26-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAngelo is the best senior RB in the draft. I'll reserve final judgement until all the eligible prospects have declared their intentions
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a good back.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Just another back we DONT need to draft
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Best RB in the draft.
He may very well be. With that big West Coast PR machine out in LA going 24/7 for RB, a dang good RB could get lost in the blizzard of hype coming
from out West.
But on the subject of RBs in the Draft, the guy on 610 said this morning we should draft Bush because he could break long runs that DD couldn't. Jeez,
you don't have to expend the #1 overall in the NFL college Draft to get a
RB with break-away speed, just have to do a little scouting. Look at Willie Parker, the guy the Steelers brought down here this past fall as their main RB. He is really fast, true break away threat and was signed by the Steelers last year as an undrafted FA out of college. They are out there, just gotta dig for them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think DeAngelo Williams is the best pure RB in the draft, Bush probably has higher overall potential and is a better athlete, but Williams is a better pure RB, and he is built more like a prototypical NFL RB (listed as 5-10, 217 lbs). He now owns the NCAA career record with 34 games of 100+ yards, and I thought I heard earlier in the week that he holds the career record for total yards from scrimmage (not sure on this one but I think I remember hearing that).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005   #15
SESupergenius

DeAngelo Williams is a workhorse and is the best everydown back in college football. I like players that come from these types of schools and excel, ala LT and Marshall Faulk. I think he belongs in that class. Please Casserly take your head out of your ***** and trade down for this pick and get some needed talent at other positions with your extra picks.
Old 12-27-2005   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

probably the best NFL running back in the draft.
Old 12-27-2005   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
probably the best NFL running back in the draft.
quite possible, but maroney and white will give him a run for best "overall RB"
Old 12-27-2005   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
quite possible, but maroney and white will give him a run for best "overall RB"
brutal honesty (which most will see as insanity), i'm not overly impressed by either USC running back. white i think has the most potential in the pro's because i see him as a DD type back. not necessarily having breakaway speed, but the ability to break arm tackles and carry defenders ... he'd probably excell on teams like pittsburgh, new england, houston, etc. where as bush can make the secondary miss but bit takes impeccable blocking from USC's linemen to get to the outside (nobody ... but NOBODY does this perfectly against pro defenses ... the closest is KC & Denver). the contingent that i maintain makes these two guys is a stellar offense and a stupidly perfect front 6. both have serious potential because of their physical gifts at the Pro level, but i'm taking a wait & see approach.

maroney i havent seen, so i cant comment either way on him.
Old 12-27-2005   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yea well what's the word on White? Is he coming out or not?

Williams is a good back with exceptional vision. He's also a pretty good receiver. He does have the break-away speed. Though I'm not sure we trade back that far to pick up a rb if we have the #1 pick we might as well get bush.
Old 12-27-2005   #20
Holden135
Veteran

Williams you have to remember is very injury prone. He missed a few games here and there throughout his career. He is kinda like Davis with his injuries, he doesn't break any bones or tear any ligaments but he will miss a few games. I think Maroney has the body and size to be an every down back in the nfl. I also think Maroney's size and power will propel him to being a better rb than williams in the nfl because he will be able to get the tough yards that deangelo can't. I still think Deangelo will be a solid back, maybe like a warrick dunn.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read